Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham Athletic v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 20711 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 13:14:43 »

Are we trying tp put square pegs into round holes ? i.e. are we picking players that are the good players and putting them into the formation regardless if the formation fits them, or are we picking players for the formation we are playing and putting them in hoping they will do well together.

The main one that springs to mind is Pritchard while he is a good player he does seem to be getting played all over the place , centre, mid, wings, of the front man, just to keep him in the team rather than put him in his best position where he is best or put him on the bench

does feel a little like that, however he kind of looked even better 'in the hole' than he has on the wing, that could just be more to do with the fact he's getting games under his belt.  he certainly didn't look great as a second striker on saturday though.

fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 13:30:51 »

Probably not, they've most likely been idiots for some years now Smiley

Chief idiot seems to be some fella called jimmymannswin or something like that!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 17:40:29 »

Well the view has changed a lot from...

When we win it's play offs should be the minimum expected and the "happy to stay up brigade" should shut up, when we lose it's "If we have a good go at getting into the play offs but just fall short then there will be no complaints from me"

And as for what the chairman has been saying in pubs....  Really?  Is that where Jason Roberts came from?
I maintain that play offs should be the aim, if we give it a good go and fall short then so be it as long as further investment is given for the next season.

The 'happy to stay up brigade' do make me laugh, you don't splash out your biggest transfer fee for almost 20 years to just be content to stay in the league. Many also believe that we have a better side than last season, so why such a drop in expectations?

fittons_coaching_badge: My favourite Twitter Town fan (aside from Dan the Fan) is the bloke who spent all summer harassing Flint and giving him constant abuse, and then cried and threw a stop when Austin got a few chants at QPR. Brilliant.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 21:02:34 »

if we're as good as we can be then we can beat anyone, if not then we can lose to anyone.

Spot on.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: