Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 147013 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1200 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 07:22:44 »

We need to see the accounts, open and transparent as the buzz words went.
I've just emailed them about the overview Scott was undertaking. The Trust committed to it, they need to deliver

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1201 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 07:25:01 »

Part of me wonders if the Trust have played a blinder here, knowing full well Clem is doing the media rounds today.
Drop that little nugget in the night before and see how he deals with it .

You do wonder why else they would have done it right?

It is starting to feel like things are coming to a head. Perhaps people at the Trust have been threatened before and haven't been able to be as open, honest and communicative as they would have liked? It's a fucking tricky situation potentially.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1202 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 07:35:47 »

I’m genuinely lost for words.

Can’t help but think it really is time to burn it down to the ground, kill off everything inside it & start the club again from scratch.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1203 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 08:05:52 »

You do wonder why else they would have done it right?

It is starting to feel like things are coming to a head. Perhaps people at the Trust have been threatened before and haven't been able to be as open, honest and communicative as they would have liked? It's a fucking tricky situation potentially.

Try to not overthink this.

An ITK hungry fan went rogue on an official account, got boxed into a corner answering questions they didn't really need to answer in that moment, had to have the last word and stated something they shouldn't have (probably forgetting that it wasn't universally known information because they have known for years) and deleted it.

Hopefully it's a catalyst though.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1204 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 08:07:35 »

Throwing this out there - is this the catalyst to get a joined up protest over the next two home games?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1205 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 08:08:58 »

I'm trying to work out what it is they have the club on the hook for?

I could understand it if we had Highworth as a training ground and stables attached and someone was using them. But we have bugger all.

These are not good people Mate, trust me.
Only knows who “others” are but as a free bet I know where my money would go.

Emotions all over the place with the Club. Only positive the poison is coming out.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1206 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 08:37:26 »

I have sent the following short but unsweet message in to the Trust:

Good morning folks,

I imagine I won't be the only person - member and non-member - writing about last night's Twitter activity. I would hope that my previous communications with the Trust have been reasonable and supportive, even when I have disagreed with points, but I fear we are now reaching something of a turning point.

Quite simply, whoever was Tweeting from the Trust account last night needs to resign from the board with immediate effect - not at the AGM. For the Trust to go from the Communications Update yesterday evening to acting like an excitable ITKer on Twitter and saying things that have since been deleted but not before being picked up by the wider media is completely unacceptable and unprofessional. If this was not a rogue individual and was instead the sanctioned responses of the entire board, the entire board needs to follow them and resign, bringing the AGM forward to the earliest possible date so that a new board can take over whilst there is something left to run.

I'm sorry that it's come to this, but the club today needs a strong Trust more than ever and it is being increasingly poorly served by the current officers.

At some point I'll take a nerdy read through the articles of the Trust and see if there's anything that can be done to accelerate the change. Will need the support of existing members - I know it's tempting to resign but please don't, reduce your membership payment to the minimum at most.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1207 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 08:59:53 »

I reckon the club has been illegally funded (as far as the FA are concerned) by various people over a period of time. No doubt this would lead to a massive sanction by the FA if it became public knowledge - hence no paper trail.

It won’t end well whatever it is.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1208 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 09:01:53 »

These are not good people Mate, trust me.

I do. I also don't underestimate the need to tread very carefully if you are in a position of influence.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #1209 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 09:05:03 »

I reckon the club has been illegally funded (as far as the FA are concerned) by various people over a period of time. No doubt this would lead to a massive sanction by the FA if it became public knowledge - hence no paper trail.

It won’t end well whatever it is.

Maybe defunded rather than funded.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1210 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 09:06:09 »

Maybe defunded rather than funded.

Both things can be true - if you can (entirely theoretically) put £10m of dirty money into a company, and take £8m of clean money out of it, your average money launderer would be very happy with that even though it's a 'loss'.

Not that this has any relevance to STFC of course.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #1211 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 09:11:49 »

Both things can be true - if you can (entirely theoretically) put £10m of dirty money into a company, and take £8m of clean money out of it, your average money launderer would be very happy with that even though it's a 'loss'.

Not that this has any relevance to STFC of course.

Head Hurts
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #1212 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 09:15:08 »

Well the facts according to the trust are that money is going out for facilities/services that the club are not benefiting from and money is coming in from Clem. Yeah sounds like what you said.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1213 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 09:21:04 »

After last nigths revelations, im now more concerned for the livelihood of the club than i was in the Diamandis days. Sad times.

Interested to see what comes out following the media day today.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1214 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 09:53:33 »

It’s all making less and less sense. We are told these ‘services’ were left overs from Power’s tenure. Yet there was no need for Clem to put in spurious amounts of money into ‘expenses’ in the first year. We actually made a profit in the second year. And now he’s putting in £1m to cover these.

So how come these ‘services’ didn’t cause a financial problem in years 1 and 2.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: