Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 147013 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1185 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 22:23:58 »

It really is a remarkable tweet, isn’t it?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1186 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 22:28:42 »

Who in their right mind would want to do business with the club?
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #1187 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 22:31:15 »

Admin and a fresh start is genuinely the best outcome now.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #1188 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 22:35:10 »

Admin and a fresh start is genuinely the best outcome now.

Not sure if administration would even work in clearing out the detritus. Would need liquidation to be absolutely sure sadly.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1189 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 23:00:42 »

« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 23:05:03 by 4D » Logged
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1190 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 23:01:17 »

I would guess the parties in question are other people that loaned Power money honestly.

We know he took money from Barry when he shouldn't have. From Standing when he shouldn't of. He'll some crazy deal with abramovich (who defo has no dodgy connections right). Who the fuck knows what other off the book deals Power did in the clubs name.

I no way do I condone some of the unpleasant element still around the club, Hart, Zav etc. But this reads like a Power legacy thing to me.

What is Mr Curran doing these days.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #1191 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 23:02:20 »

it gets more mental by the day
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1192 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 23:08:14 »

If we liquidate, what happens to the clubs half of the ground?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1193 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 23:13:21 »

If we liquidate, what happens to the clubs half of the ground?

I presume the agreement would be null and void and the monies go back to the Eady trust?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1194 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 01:16:13 »

I would guess the parties in question are other people that loaned Power money honestly.

We know he took money from Barry when he shouldn't have. From Standing when he shouldn't of. He'll some crazy deal with abramovich (who defo has no dodgy connections right). Who the fuck knows what other off the book deals Power did in the clubs name.

I no way do I condone some of the unpleasant element still around the club, Hart, Zav etc. But this reads like a Power legacy thing to me.

I would agree with you, BUT, we should probably begin by assuming the underlying facts are not as first presented to us.  They are more Chinese whispers - no doubt there is truth within, but the details may be less easy to determine.

Lets not forget that Clem got involved with this crew and was heavily involved before the overthrowing of Power.  Austin got sent to hospital for engineering that, so it is entirely likely some people with less than squeaky clean intentions would still have fingers in the pie.  I very much doubt everything is suddenly coming to light.  More likely it either helps create a good story to deflect, people are prepared to be stooges when needed to keep prying eyes away or someone got their nose put out of joint when their piece of the pie went cold.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1195 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 06:06:57 »

But how do lawyers deal with criminality? That’s the police’s job.

We’ve had Clem putting money in when Power owned the club - with no paperwork. We’ve had Standing/Barry putting money in - without paperwork. We’ve had Abramovich putting money in - with no paperwork. Clem sold 22% of the club - initially with no paperwork.

There could be all kinds of ‘side deals’ done with no paperwork. Thinking about it more, it does seem likely this still stems from Power. It’s just the timescale that bothers me. 3 years out and this - whatever ‘this’ is - is still going on or at least not sorted.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #1196 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 06:21:37 »

The whole thing stinks of blackmail/loan shark escapades. Difficult to see where to go from here but getting it out in the open has to be a start. For what it’s worth I feel that Clem isn’t the biggest problem here but rather his associates and those who he has done business with but that’s not based on anything more than gut feeling.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1197 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 07:17:17 »

Joe Acklam gets 20 minutes with Clem today and I think Sam M is interviewing him tomorrow. I wonder whether the line of questioning will have changed since last night.

Also, apparently there is due to be a recorded video message from Clem on the website today as per the Trust correspondence.

"Off the back of that engagement we are pleased to report that the chairman Clem Morfuni will be speaking with the media and also releasing a video update tomorrow on the Swindon Town website, which we hope will cover off many supporter concerns"

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1198 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 07:17:55 »

Quote from: TheDukeOfBanbury
What is Mr Curran doing these days.

I'm trying to work out what it is they have the club on the hook for?

I could understand it if we had Highworth as a training ground and stables attached and someone was using them. But we have bugger all.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1199 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 07:21:56 »

Joe Acklam gets 20 minutes with Clem today and I think Sam M is interviewing him tomorrow. I wonder whether the line of questioning will have changed since last night.

Also, apparently there is due to be a recorded video message from Clem on the website today as per the Trust correspondence.

"Off the back of that engagement we are pleased to report that the chairman Clem Morfuni will be speaking with the media and also releasing a video update tomorrow on the Swindon Town website, which we hope will cover off many supporter concerns"

Part of me wonders if the Trust have played a blinder here, knowing full well Clem is doing the media rounds today.
Drop that little nugget in the night before and see how he deals with it .
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: