Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 147024 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 09:37:39 »

Notts County aren't doing too badly either by going all in on one football data platform. Brentford applied the same approach too. Think what was said previously about Kiely, can't recall where, was that it's not just the providing of a platform, but the model builder/algorithm applied to determine a shortlist of players, separating out the good from the bad. Was convinced over a long period of time it could achieve upwards success. I know this will set up some jokes and quips about last season.

Completely agree with what Berniman says, it's effectiveness is over a 5 year or so period rather than 2 windows.
DMC

« Reply #991 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 10:42:08 »

Partner with a local authority for refilling station(s), get branded clear plastic cups, sell them for £3... it's easy when you consider it for at least two minutes isn't it?
It is but have you seen it any any other club. Even at Spurs it says non drinking water
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 10:49:25 »

It is but have you seen it any any other club. Even at Spurs it says non drinking water

I suspect because if you want to offer it as drinking water it has to be tested regularly, plus, from personal experience, its a total ball ache and incredibly expensive to work with the water companies to a position that they will work with you thus, especially in metering terms.
DMC

« Reply #993 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 10:51:52 »

Yeah exactly. It goes back to my main point really. By opening themselves up to this question they are now being battered for it. Even on here some are making out like they are being forced to drink out the wells of africa
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 10:54:10 »

Which is why this is a bad format. Someone can ask "What is the club's action plan in the event of a meteor strike" and then people can pull their answer apart.

Just get Aberdeen on BBC Wilts once a month for an hour long phone in.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 11:05:35 »

Yeah exactly. It goes back to my main point really. By opening themselves up to this question they are now being battered for it. Even on here some are making out like they are being forced to drink out the wells of africa

The way I look at it another way that the reason they are being 'battered' for it was the poor answering of the question. A fan, who takes his son to the Junior Reds room with his STFC branded water bottle would like to refill that bottle with water if possible.

Part of the answer has been fulfilled that says don't use the water supply as it's tank water. But why end that question so abruptly? Could they not state they might look into solutions that allows children access to water in the Junior Reds room? If I was the fan that raised the question I'd be pretty disappointed with that response.

I'm a bit of a sucker for decent customer service and for me, I don't see much here. I think the club could have done much better.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 11:08:10 »

The way I look at it another way that the reason they are being 'battered' for it was the poor answering of the question. A fan, who takes his son to the Junior Reds room with his STFC branded water bottle would like to refill that bottle with water if possible.

Part of the answer has been fulfilled that says don't use the water supply as it's tank water. But why end that question so abruptly? Could they not state they might look into solutions that allows children access to water in the Junior Reds room? If I was the fan that raised the question I'd be pretty disappointed with that response.

I'm a bit of a sucker for decent customer service and for me, I don't see much here. I think the club could have done much better.

Agreed.
DMC

« Reply #997 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 11:56:36 »

That's exactly what i just said . Their answers aren't good enough and if they are going to provide answers like that then they need to pull these minutes. No other club does it and no one seems to take much apart from anger at them so fuck them off.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 11:59:36 »

Also it's worth remembering that the owner of the football club, is a fucking plumber by trade!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
DMC

« Reply #999 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 12:01:31 »

All they have done is say don't drink from the taps tbf. The way they have answered it is the issue not that they don't want people drinking from the taps
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 12:03:11 »

All they have done is say don't drink from the taps tbf. The way they have answered it is the issue not that they don't want people drinking from the taps

I agree with you. The African well response I suspect was tongue in cheek!

Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 12:04:39 »

Also it's worth remembering that the owner of the football club, is a fucking plumber by trade!

I make that joke whenever I see the tap in the Arkells khazi that has been running continuously for approx 30 years.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 12:13:28 »

I make that joke whenever I see the tap in the Arkells khazi that has been running continuously for approx 30 years.

That's why we're not making any signings. We've a water bill of over a million quid to settle! Smiley

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 12:38:13 »

Not sure plumbers have the ability to make water potable, if he were Jesus maybe?.....

I suspect that is actually the real reason, if its potable it has to be metered
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: Thursday, July 20, 2023, 12:39:39 »

I agree with you. The African well response I suspect was tongue in cheek!

It was - but the responses the club give do give a small insight into the frame of mind they have strategically and operationally.

It's clear, to me and in my opinion, that the responses show that the club ahs limited resources behind the scenes and no intent whatsoever to do anything about that.  That question is an open door to do something more, something creative.  At least to come up with an answer, even short of the limited suggestion I came up with with 20 minutes research, that comes up with a solution for such a problem.  It may be one fan, or many, but there is likely something they can do, even if the tap in question is not a great source for drinking water right now.  To answer it as they do, shows it's a case of we have five things we can afford to work on, we are working on them, fucked if we are going to do anything else.  BUT they think offering this platform ticks the open and honest box.  It has the potential to be something of great benefit, but it is not used as such.  Hence why I agree with DMC, for maybe different reasons, just stop it.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: