Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 146963 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 16:13:04 »

I have said it often now i would actually do away with these minutes as over time it just creates more questions and in turn apathy.

I see your point but the contrary will be "what are they hiding". I like the minutes myself.

On Hart, I assume he is now employed by the club?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 16:15:34 »

We can't even afford fresh running water!  Can we ask Comic Relief if they can send one of the stars down with a pump and dig a well?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 16:23:36 »

We can't even afford fresh running water!  Can we ask Comic Relief if they can send one of the stars down with a pump and dig a well?

I’d genuinely question the legality of holding large scale events without potable water…

You’ve got to think drinking water is a pre-requisite as part of their license to hold events with 10k plus people.

I know it’s Somerset but:

https://www.somerset.gov.uk/environment-and-food-safety/water-supplies-at-events/
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 16:26:23 »

I’d genuinely question the legality of holding large scale events without potable water…

You’ve got to think drinking water is a pre-requisite as part of their license to hold events with 10k plus people.

I know it’s Somerset but:

https://www.somerset.gov.uk/environment-and-food-safety/water-supplies-at-events/

In all seriousness, I would like to think they are responding in a far too literal way to a question asked, and referencing a very specific tap in a very specific location, but you never know.  I am 99% sure I remember the club even doing a partnership with Thames Water back when I worked for them.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 16:30:06 »

In all seriousness, I would like to think they are responding in a far too literal way to a question asked, and referencing a very specific tap in a very specific location, but you never know.  I am 99% sure I remember the club even doing a partnership with Thames Water back when I worked for them.

You’d hope… but then do these taps have “Do not drink” signage…?

It’s a new can of worms every month with this format as it is. They’d be better off just going back to doing a BBC Wilts phone in.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 16:34:38 »

https://www.miw.co.uk/projects/transport-for-london/

https://www.thameswater.co.uk/about-us/responsibility/water-fountains

Something like this is where the creative response should end-up, if they took their time to think about it.  Get the supplier in as a Sponsor, get Doughty engaged to front it, get good school boy marks for sustainability and respond in a more creative fashion than worrying everyone that they could get Legionaries disease or something.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 16:37:18 »

Then set-up a small concession flogging the bottles at every match and in the club shop.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 16:42:16 »

You googling that is more effort than anyone at the club is prepared to put in at the moment.

Hardly does much to dispel the sense that Doughty’s role is just a virtue signalling mirage for the club.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 16:45:04 »

I have said it often now i would actually do away with these minutes as over time it just creates more questions and in turn apathy. These notes should be a good thing but all fans will take from this is the following

Hart
No water
flippant responses
A fiver to what should be free
No bike racks
Don Rogers has no head
I made the point to the trust that having questions and answers numbered could give people an idea of the volume of questions and the ability to refer to previous answers ("see answer 112") might head off some repetitive stuff.

I think the whole idea of the advisory board needs to be looked at and a new charter set up, cos Flynn isn't going to pop along and tell people his wish list of players (no matter how many times people ask). It smacks of a perfunctory function

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 16:51:30 »

This body isn’t even serving as an advisory board under any definition of that as far as these minutes suggest.

It’s just a reactive shitshow that exposes the club’s ineptitude and overall shadiness on a monthly basis.

You can’t just say “Adam Hart is staying” and not have to explain that? Did the Trust challenge that? Did they bollocks.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 17:09:39 »

Also not sure they get a free pass to blanket say that the club has been run very poorly for 30 years…

The club under Andrew Black ran like a purring Rolls Royce compared to now.

I wouldn't say it was a purring Rolls Royce, more like a basket case with wheels and an owner that was being convinced to pay for a F1 sized mechanics team to service it.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 17:20:07 »

I have never really understood why we didn't get our house more under order during the Fitton period. We had money and proper business people around the club.

Those Di Canio years were incredible, but imagine if that money had been spent more wisely at that point. 
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 17:25:43 »

I wouldn't say it was a purring Rolls Royce, more like a basket case with wheels and an owner that was being convinced to pay for a F1 sized mechanics team to service it.

And nor did I. I said it was compared to now.
DMC

« Reply #973 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 17:39:07 »

This body isn’t even serving as an advisory board under any definition of that as far as these minutes suggest.

It’s just a reactive shitshow that exposes the club’s ineptitude and overall shadiness on a monthly basis.

You can’t just say “Adam Hart is staying” and not have to explain that? Did the Trust challenge that? Did they bollocks.
TBF though they can. They have explained his role and Clem has publicly said that he is aware of his past and wants to give him another chance . Fans are aware of his past they are not hiding it they have openly just said in their minutes that he is still involved 

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 18:13:35 »

And nor did I. I said it was compared to now.

Alright Salty, I was just posting a jovial response, i wasn't critiquing your post..  blimey, fun this place innit..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: