Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 61670 times)
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:50:33 »

We have just annihilated a decent team who will be up there come the end of the year. I thought we'd lose this before the game but boy I was wrong. Some of the quality on show from us to day was stunning. The 5th goal in particular goes into "knocking one out" territory. The skill from Kasim was unbelievable, the pass perfect, the finish from Louis perfect. I would say wrap up goal of the season now but there's more to come from this lot.
It would take too long to go into just how fucking good we are. All the fans who have given up, I really would say that you are missing some excellent football. We've got a team who scrap for everything and for each other, playing with great technique.
I'm off to get some beer. Feeling absolutely fucking wonderful this evening after seeing us tear Sheff Utd a new one.  

Agree wholeheartedly Chalkie...wasn't planning on drinking much tonight but that display warrants it. Thankyou Coops and co.....jesus, even starting to like "glad all over" I need help!
normy

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:52:02 »

This is a wonderful passing team which I've seen in all the home games, and they all played very well for each other. I was particularly impressed with Smith's holdup play as well as his goals, and the surging runs of Louis attacking the centre defence and unsettling them

ust be the oldest
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:58:15 »

In relation to the crowd....£27 in the side stands is just too much, many people have not had a pay rise for years and living costs generally are rising.

Further, what goon at the FL came up with playing 2 home games in week crap.....as Audrey pointed out, take the missus Tuesday and Sat and that's £100 blown before any petrol, beer etc are factored in.

I'd imagine a bit of research might show that gates are down across the whole FL this season.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:59:06 »

Great game. Great performance. Great result.

For the 1000+ Town fans who have decided not to attend this season - shame on you.

This is the best football you can expect to see at this level - and probably above.

If this result does not get the fuckers back when we  play Preston, I despair.

I'm taking a guess here but I'm guessing it was a gold match today, £27. The football we are playing deserves better attendances, the fans deserve a lower price. As an example Leicester city in the premier league against man utd tomorrow you can get for £30 upwards. Carry on despairing

With regards to today, fucking brilliant result after utds recent rise up the table. Sends a big message out to everyone when you smash a "promotion rival". To have 3 strikers scoring again is something we have missed for a while
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 17:02:25 »

...aaaaaaand breathe.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 17:08:25 »

To have 3 strikers scoring again is something we have missed for a while

Parkin, Fallon and Mooney? Nobody really pushed the Paynter-Austin partnership.
kerry red

« Reply #156 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 17:10:16 »

I'm taking a guess here but I'm guessing it was a gold match today, £27. The football we are playing deserves better attendances, the fans deserve a lower price. As an example Leicester city in the premier league against man utd tomorrow you can get for £30 upwards. Carry on despairing

With regards to today, fucking brilliant result after utds recent rise up the table. Sends a big message out to everyone when you smash a "promotion rival". To have 3 strikers scoring again is something we have missed for a while

Yes, it's too much, but it was no different last season (apart from a couple of quid).

The missing 1000 or so must be previous ST holders who dont like forking out real money every week.

The club needs to address this - and quickly
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 17:11:54 »

Clough reaction

Flashheart

« Reply #158 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 17:14:24 »

When it went to 3-2 I thought, as probably most others did, that we'd be in for 20 minutes of backs to the wall stuff.

Instead we got another 2 goals......
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 17:16:14 »

Clough reaction

Or not...
Flashheart

« Reply #160 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 17:17:32 »

Clough reaction

It's been 'removed by the user', you tool.

For fuck's sake Batch, you fucking useless cunt. Sort it out
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 17:24:35 »

Aside from a slightly nervy 10 mins or so when Sheff Utd got themselves back in it, that was a thoroughly enjoyable game.

Our passing and play at times was absolutely superb.  Excellent team play across the board.  We honestly could have had 3 or 4 more goals.  Also good to see that when Sheff Utd pulled it back, we didn't buckle and went on to score 2 more.

It's a shame about the crowd, but very few fairweather fans are going to pay £27 to watch a league 1 game.  I think I remember reading that season tickets were down by about 1500 on last season, but not sure if that was the final figure.  The club needs to look at doing half season tickets and probably need to offer them on 0% interest to try and get some of those that decided not to renew back through the door.
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 17:29:53 »

OK. So Sheffield United...

Have a bigger ground
Have more fans
Have spent far more seasons in the top 2 divisions

Fine. I get it.

But what the fuck has that got to do with anything??

When we were both in the premier league we had a bigger average attendance than them for the season -fact so they can stick that in their pipe.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 17:36:03 »

Aside from a slightly nervy 10 mins or so when Sheff Utd got themselves back in it, that was a thoroughly enjoyable game.

Our passing and play at times was absolutely superb.  Excellent team play across the board.  We honestly could have had 3 or 4 more goals.  Also good to see that when Sheff Utd pulled it back, we didn't buckle and went on to score 2 more.

It's a shame about the crowd, but very few fairweather fans are going to pay £27 to watch a league 1 game.  I think I remember reading that season tickets were down by about 1500 on last season, but not sure if that was the final figure.  The club needs to look at doing half season tickets and probably need to offer them on 0% interest to try and get some of those that decided not to renew back through the door.

I mentioned at the start of the season about all the other local clubs offering 6 match flexi tickets. After emailing the club they said it was under consideration and something they could look at. I think its about time they put the wheels in motion.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 17:36:25 »

We are a bit fucking good at times, aren't we?

Great afternoon's entertainment and considering the near empty town end, a good atmosphere to go with it.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: