Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Oldham Athletic AFC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32387 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 12:20:44 »

I've heard that Jason Roberts is fronting the new consortium to buy out the club.

With Steve Lomas..... funded by Sheik Yor Moneymaker
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 13:14:57 »

Rumours rumbling and no smoke without fire. I reckon we will have new owners at end of season if not before. Current Board I don't believe can sustain the current set up and are a little out of depth (last point is my opinion).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 13:21:42 »

Um...interesting...

Anything rumour wise on this board's mystery investors, or lack of mystery investors?
Barry Scott

« Reply #288 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 13:58:44 »

A new board wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility when we look at what has gone on.

First Black wants out. The club has no debts, per se and has a good foundation, to a degree.

There were several interested parties, but the only buyers who could take control within Black's time frame are our current owners.

The club is still in a decent financial state, and would be no less attractive (barring league positioning and the absence of a crazy fascist nazi pagan dictator) than it was in January, so perhaps one of the other bidders still wants in and wants it off Jed and Co?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 14:01:42 »

A new board wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility when we look at what has gone on.

First Black wants out. The club has no debts, per se and has a good foundation, to a degree.

There were several interested parties, but the only buyers who could take control within Black's time frame are our current owners.

The club is still in a decent financial state, and would be no less attractive (barring league positioning and the absence of a crazy fascist nazi pagan dictator) than it was in January, so perhaps one of the other bidders still wants in and wants it off Jed and Co?

I would assume that Black would have been clever enough to put a cluase in that he gets a share of any profit if they punt it onto another for a fee within a certain period.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 14:02:40 »

Also Jed and Co could sell the club for more than they bought it for in which case is a good way of making a quick buck so also makes sene from that perspective as well.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 14:30:12 »

I posted something similar. Can't be arsed to dig it out.

If we did get promoted (we won't though) we'd probably worth more and Jed and Co could sell for a bit of a profit.

Assuming the interested but didnt want to make the deadline parties are still interested. Maybe even more so now the current lot have maybe tidied a few things up.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 15:01:51 »

Rumours rumbling and no smoke without fire. I reckon we will have new owners at end of season if not before. Current Board I don't believe can sustain the current set up and are a little out of depth (last point is my opinion).

DoB may have something, indeed may know something we don't!!  If there is some truth in this - and I have not heard anything in the town - it could answer a few questions regarding the FL being very slow in getting rid of the embargo . . . have they heard the same rumours.  I am still fascinated that JW appeared at the Trust meeting. Hmmm
Flashheart

« Reply #293 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 15:15:46 »

It would surely make us the first club to be taken over more than once in a season.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 15:21:49 »

It would surely make us the first club to be taken over more than once in a season.

Portsmouth?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 15:24:34 »

Portsmouth?

At least we're sure that Jed McCrory exists, even if his mystery investors remain so.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 22:37:38 »

Aren't Leeds being sold again?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 08:37:51 »

Just watched the highlights on the OS - couldn't believe the number of chances we created but only managed to finish with a bicycle kick. Williams looks to go for placement and misses the target too often.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #298 on: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 08:39:35 »

Just watched the highlights on the OS - couldn't believe the number of chances we created but only managed to finish with a bicycle kick. Williams looks to go for placement and misses the target too often.
15 shots off target and 5 shots on target, compaired to Oldham who has 2 shots on target and 4 off target, we also had 8 corners to their 1.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 10:18:08 »

According to their manager though we didnt create anything clear cut after the first few minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: