Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Oldham Athletic AFC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32430 times)
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 09:24:03 »

The referee was a cunt and Oldham were an anti football team.

That is all.

This sums up what I was thinking.
Ref paces out ten yards for the free kicks then retreats 1 yard to meet the wall. Every fuckin time.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 09:56:15 »

Another disappointing result. We lacked a lot of threat in the first half with the 4-5-1. I understand this is making us harder to beat but sometimes it looks as if we have sacrificed some of the extra attacking threat we once had.

In the 2nd half we were better but gave away a sloppy goal. It was nice to see us get back in it almost straight away and after that MacDonald changed things again and we began to create a lot more chances. Once again though it was the same old story of our strikers missing them and another 2 points dropped at home.

I was impressed with the Spurs lads particularly Luongo. He looked calm on the ball and picked some decent passes. Parrett looked alright but his final ball was poor particularly his set pieces. Didn't see much of Bryne but he looks just like another Nathan Thompson which is not a bad thing.

Let's hope we can get something at Donny on Monday. A win would put us back in the mix.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 11:12:54 »

This, sir, is pure and utter bollocks.

How many chances did we get? How many shots on target? How many toe pokes from 6 yards would we have needed to simply get a touch on to win today? Simply put, it's not the formation, it's the conversion rate that's the problem. Saying 4-5-1 is shit unless you're playing away from home is fucking idiotic, even more so when you quote it the wrong way round.

I don't often get riled up, particularly on here, but after being at a game where our lone striker, bereft of confidence, is booed for a full fucking hour by his own fans I am pretty fucking appalled at the knuckle-dragging arsebaggery on display from our own supporters. He can't score because he's low on confidence. How the fuck is he going to get any back by his own supporters booing him.

Heard little singing today, way too much bloody moaning and booing. Fucking disgusted to call myself a town fan.

I feel this also.Spot on.Formation is good,all you can do is create chances and we do that week in week out.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 11:16:09 »

A clear foul as we went forward, the linesman saw it and flagged vigorously, the ref ignored it and played on, the linesman put his flag down and ran back to catch up with play.  The cunt should grow a pair and stand his ground.  Flint almost had his shirt taken off in their penalty area, ref was about six steps directly behind him and gave a goal kick.  He was bad, very bad - but he was fair!!

This was frustrating,but the lino did nothing wrong.He kept his flag up but the ref acknowledged it and waved play on.However,how the lino failed to clock Williams being pulled back by their asinine centre back on the edge of the box remains a mystery.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 11:26:17 »

Dont care what anyone says we played bloody well today apart from the obvious.Like the manager,like the system,like the football.I still have hope because of (a) our away form and (b) our form against the sides around us.Of the loan players,Luongo went from being our worst player in the first half to the best player on the pitch second.Parrett looked assured in the middle,less so on the left.Byrne looked a class act(tho'he didn't have a lot of defending to do) and his championship credentials showed.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 11:26:51 »

New owners by end of season.

Charlie Austin or a natural finisher would have scored a few yesterday.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 11:30:12 »

Excusez-moi?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 11:35:44 »

Please elaborate?
Flashheart

« Reply #278 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 11:50:28 »

Come on Duke, you can't leave us hanging there
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 11:52:44 »

New owners what now ?
Flashheart

« Reply #280 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 12:02:41 »

I'd crease up if it was true.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 12:05:02 »

He's gone offline.

[url width=320 height=240]http://i.imgur.com/xry6UIa.gif[/url]
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 12:10:41 »

I'd crease up if it was true.

They'd better get a shift on then, because there's only 4 weeks left...and judging by the length of time it takes to get these things sorted, they should have started last week.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 12:11:41 »

I've heard that Jason Roberts is fronting the new consortium to buy out the club.

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 12:20:01 »

I've heard that Jason Roberts is fronting the new consortium to buy out the club.

Are you sure you're not confusing Jason with Rufus Brevett?  DoB, wouldn't come out with this without good reason...very little misses his ear on the mean streets of Banbury..
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 12:25:39 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: