Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 392261 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1455 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 14:09:35 »

Eady Trust covered the full purchase cost didn't they?

£2.3m
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 14:15:18 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1456 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 14:25:31 »

This may have been covered but does anyone know the actual breakdown of the purchase of the CG from the SBC

I know the Eddy trust were involved with funds., 50% now trust share??

I am sure he must have, but did Clem actual put hard cash into the pot as well? Again 50% of the asking price?

Eady paid for the whole thing, Clem got 50% of the ground gratis.  he also got a 50% write down in the ongoing Lease costs per annum and a new lease period of 250 years.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1457 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 14:31:40 »

Wow! I always thought Clem paid his share.

So he got the CG share for free and the club for £212,500. Maybe he’s not such a business schmuk after all.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1458 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 14:33:37 »

TBH so did I until I spoke to Batch about this very thing 2 days ago.

No idea why but I thought the club (Clem) put up half the money.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1459 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 14:34:00 »

https://www.swindon.gov.uk/news/article/874/football_club_completes_county_ground_purchase
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1460 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 14:35:45 »

So he got the CG share for free and the club for £212,500. Maybe he’s not such a business schmuk after all.

He got the remaining share of the business for 212k - he had already paid 1.2m for the first 15%.  In return he picked up a small wedge of debt, including the Debentures.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1461 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 14:46:34 »

I'm sure that the Eady Trust would have done proper due diligence on Clem & his intentions (without just taking Trust STFC's word on things) before parting with the cash.

That could be a decent indicator that Clem might not be a "wrong un". Said he awaiting bucket of cold water.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1462 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 14:49:31 »

What’s always confused me is that when the Power sells to Able shenanigans came up - which I believe was £7.5m - Clem said he was prepared to better that amount - obviously at the time unaware of pre emptive rights. So he must have had access to that sort of money.

He must still be quids in even after paying off debts compared to what he was prepared to buy the club for.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1463 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 14:54:33 »

What’s always confused me is that when the Power sells to Able shenanigans came up - which I believe was £7.5m - Clem said he was prepared to better that amount - obviously at the time unaware of pre emptive rights. So he must have had access to that sort of money.

He must still be quids in even after paying off debts compared to what he was prepared to buy the club for.

I think the last few weeks have showed Clem likes to tell a lie or 2.
I would be amazed if Clem would have bought the club for even close to that amount.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1464 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 15:13:59 »

I'm sure that the Eady Trust would have done proper due diligence on Clem & his intentions (without just taking Trust STFC's word on things) before parting with the cash.

That could be a decent indicator that Clem might not be a "wrong un". Said he awaiting bucket of cold water.

There is this, if some of the suppositions on here are correct then the Eady Trust have been taken for fools, yet the limited stuff in the public domain about them to date suggests that this is not the case, albeit a lot is based upon very limited knowledge (if any) of what due diligence they did and what legal paperwork there is in place between the Eady Trust, the Club and Trust. If nothing else it would be quite interesting to see the Title for the County Ground site now. 
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1465 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 11:14:12 »

Looks like Wrexham's new stand isn't going to be ready anytime soon, not for next season at least.

Looks nice though.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1466 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 11:24:10 »

Would love the Town End to be a 5,000ish seater like that if our ground ever gets redeveloped. Thats basically the same capacity as the DRS is.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1467 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 11:54:01 »

There is this, if some of the suppositions on here are correct then the Eady Trust have been taken for fools, yet the limited stuff in the public domain about them to date suggests that this is not the case, albeit a lot is based upon very limited knowledge (if any) of what due diligence they did and what legal paperwork there is in place between the Eady Trust, the Club and Trust. If nothing else it would be quite interesting to see the Title for the County Ground site now.  

They don't need to have been taken for fools, or even think they were about to be, to do a deal.  They just need the deal to be solid and protect their investment the way Eady wanted it to be.  They were willing, although very hesitant, to discuss options for using the funds with Power.  Given his predilection for making it about him, he never got a deal in front of them they could finance - but he tried and they listened.  IIRC the Training Ground was one of them.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 15:04:46 by RobertT » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1468 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 16:05:58 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23821266.swindon-town-progress-made-county-ground/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1469 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 16:51:21 »

From the so far one and only SA mouthpiece The Jockster..

For me it’s a no brainer what to do first -a dozen executive boxes in the DR. The revenue from those would fund other projects. It’s a difficult one because the construction costs wouldn’t be cheap and to fund that continued success n the pitch is essential in my opinion.

Here come the arseholes v Opinions. Not how I’d do it if it were up to me, however, it will be down to £’s out v £’s in. In my mind the afore mentioned opinion appears to have not taken into account where those displaced fans are going to sit. Many in prime positions. In fill the vacant DR seats or shove ‘em over to the JT stand? If the latter where are you going to put the away fans? On the uncovered bank? I think not. IMHO opinion it is a roof over the bank and proper amenities then develop the TE.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: