Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Not sure if this is good news or not  (Read 2362 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« on: Friday, April 30, 2010, 09:58:10 »

Ridsdale set to leave Cardiff, according to the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8653322.stm

While it's obviously good news for Cardiff, he'll presumably be looking for "fresh challenges" (another football club to bring to the brink of ruin) so the other 71 League clubs need to watch out
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 30, 2010, 09:58:46 »

Maybe he'll take over Pox....

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 30, 2010, 10:05:41 »

he said league clubs
Barry Scott

« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 30, 2010, 14:06:45 »

Also, with his record on ruining clubs, what motivation is there to take over a club that is already ruined? Maybe he can take over Franchise.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 30, 2010, 15:24:14 »

I would love to see him ruin Franchise
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 30, 2010, 17:04:37 »

I would like ANYONE to ruin Franchise...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Lumps

« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 30, 2010, 19:38:40 »

Also, with his record on ruining clubs, what motivation is there to take over a club that is already ruined? Maybe he can take over Franchise.

That'll be the lengthy record of ........ well Leeds

Barnsley after all were fucked before he went there and he was there five minutes, took them into admin and then fucked off once they found a buyer.

Cardiff are in a bit of debt, like 3/4 of the championship, but are sitting in a smart new stadium and in the play-off zone.  How's that ruined exactly?

Considering when he went there they were on the brink of administration and being held to ransome by the Hammam family, I don't think he's doing that badly.
Barry Scott

« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 30, 2010, 21:12:00 »

That'll be the lengthy record of ........ well Leeds

Barnsley after all were fucked before he went there and he was there five minutes, took them into admin and then fucked off once they found a buyer.

Cardiff are in a bit of debt, like 3/4 of the championship, but are sitting in a smart new stadium and in the play-off zone.  How's that ruined exactly?

Considering when he went there they were on the brink of administration and being held to ransome by the Hammam family, I don't think he's doing that badly.

Just having a laugh...  Roll Eyes

I don't know what he has or hasn't done, just following pauld's lead. I also couldn't care less.
Talk Talk

« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 30, 2010, 21:45:20 »

Considering when he went there they were on the brink of administration and being held to ransome

Swallows and Amazons?
Lumps

« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 30, 2010, 22:14:35 »

Swallows and Amazons?

No spying for the Bolsheviks
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 30, 2010, 22:22:33 »

Cardiff are in a world of pain if they don't go up this season.
Talk Talk

« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 30, 2010, 22:27:03 »

No spying for the Bolsheviks

Indeed. I'm sure that was a Freudian slip on your part.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, April 30, 2010, 22:39:50 »

Cardiff are in a good deal more trouble than 3/4 of the Championship - they've got frequent flyer tickets for the High Court, and have been teetering on the brink all season, precisely because they fucked up the debt over the new stadium. Their situation currently is very much analogous to Southampton under Lowe just before they tipped into admin. That's not a great place to be.

Their only current plan to get out of this is for their Malaysian investor to finally put in the money they've been promising all and sundry he would all season. Not least Cardiff fans who bought Season tickets in their thousands for next season over Christmas on the explicit understanding the money would fund a promotion push, only to see it thrown down a debt hole instead - a deliberate lie that made Ridsdale's position untenable. It would seem Ridsdale leaving is a precondition of this investment finally being made, with days to spare before IIRC their third winding up hearing of the season. None of this argues for sage-like stewardship, does it? The man's a tit.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 24, 2010, 12:42:29 »

That "bit of debt" turns out to be more like "an enormous fucking great mountain of debt" and they're still finding more.

faced with similar problems” to Cardiff’s this summer “some (clubs) would have chosen to go into administration
http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=8986

Still think he did a good job for Cardiff, Lumps?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: