Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AFC Wimbledon  (Read 904 times)
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 12:49:20 »

Dipped my toe in for the second time this season - as the stadium is on my route home from work and a mate is a season ticket holder.

I've got to say they have done themselves proud. Obviously the football is dire but a lot of fans could do with taking a leaf out of their book when it comes to progress in the face of adversity.

My only hope is that our so-called 'missing 2k' drag themselves out of their slumber sooner rather than later because one thing is for sure, to see our lot playing the likes of Wealdstone under the guide of AFC Swindon town would break my heart - as admirable as the set-up I've seen last night is.

"Great save, Digby."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 12:57:04 »

One thimg you can be sure of... the missing 2000 are the figment of the imaginations of the KOB.

The AFC factor needs to be considered  at the emergency Trust meeting on Monday,for example how would being a semi professional, Trust owned club sit with SBC's current  definition of the CG occupants being like any other business, and thus cvharging a swingeing rent?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 22:59:09 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
The AFC factor needs to be considered  at the emergency Trust meeting on Monday,for example how would being a semi professional, Trust owned club sit with SBC's current  definition of the CG occupants being like any other business, and thus cvharging a swingeing rent?

I hope that means you're coming on Monday, Reg. You're damn right this is the kind of thing we need to be discussing and we could certainly do with your pearls ..... of wisdom. Seriously. Hope to see you there. And the rest of you goddamit! Come along and tell us where we're going wrong and what we should be doing - and just as importantly what you're prepared to do about it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 23:02:41 »

Unfortunately Monday night is off for me, otherwise I'd be there...sod's law really.

If you want pearls...Yeovil is yer man.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 6, 2005, 23:16:15 »

Mondays off for me Im working or I would have gone.

You can borrow my Pearls though Cheesy

/
W56196272
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: