Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coughlan  (Read 8530 times)
lebowski

« Reply #30 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 22:30:03 »

nick drake wrote a lot of his music in a pub in marlborough, can't remember which one but we can claim that as swindon i reckon (just like we claim andy murray as british).
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 22:30:32 »

Quote from: "ronnie21"
Ipswich 0-4??  I thought it was a heavier defeat than that!  Or was that a different season?

I think the 0-6 was the following season.

No, I have just checked on the magnificent www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk website and it was the season after that i.e 98/99

I tell you what, throughout the mid-late 90's we took some right hammerings didn't we? It does not make nice reading :?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 22:41:36 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
I tell you what, throughout the mid-late 90's we took some right hammerings didn't we? It does not make nice reading :?

It didn't make nice bloody viewing either...although a Chris Hay equaliser deep, deep in to injury time at Bradford was a high point.

Cheers

Donkey

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, June 15, 2007, 23:23:26 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "ronnie21"
Ipswich 0-4??  I thought it was a heavier defeat than that!  Or was that a different season?

I think the 0-6 was the following season.

No, I have just checked on the magnificent www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk website and it was the season after that i.e 98/99

I went up to Middlesborough on a freezing tuesday night and we lost 6-0!

Add that to the 7-1 at Forest, the odd 4-0 defeat here and there and I've really seen us taking some thrashings.

The only time I can remember us hammering someone in the league was Huddersfield 6-0. I think Peter Thorne got a hat trick and their fans had to endure it all whilst sat on the stratton bank on a freezing weekday night. They were good sports though I remember them celebrating a corner like it was a goal.
Panda Paws

« Reply #34 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 00:19:08 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Bedford Red"
I was at the Norwich game and remember they totally outplayed us; Keith O'Neill and Darren Eadie tore us to pieces.

I think Phil King may have made his 2nd "debut" for us that day too but I could be totally wrong on that.

You sure that wasn't the opener in 96/97, when Keith O'Neill and Darren Eadie ripped us apart?

Drew 3-3, cracking game
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 10:15:39 »

Back on topic, Coughlan will be having talks with Sturrock.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindontown/headlines/display.var.1476871.0.owls_coughlan_seeking_counsel_from_sturrock.php
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 10:37:07 »

interesting. in effect what he is saying there is almost "come and get me please Mr Sturrock" we shall see
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 21:47:41 »

Quote from: "Tails"
I went up to Middlesborough on a freezing tuesday night and we lost 6-0!

Stone me, I remember that...I remember having had a few beers and spoke to Phillipe Cuervo and Kevin Watston at half time.  I slagged off Steve McMahon and Cuervo shook me firmly by the hand.

Yay...and Tails, didn't Cuervo enjoy phoning your house at night? Wink

Cheers

Donkey

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
sharper

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, June 16, 2007, 22:14:45 »

Would be an excellent signing.  Has done well in the Championship with Wednesday the last couple of years.  His experience alongside Ifil could be vital, an we are very light at centre back as it is.
Danjackson10

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 21:32:46 »

Darren Eadie went to my school! FACT!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 08:24:09 »

Coughlan says he's staying at the Owls - but may link up with PS in the future.

At least I think that was the main theme of the Adver headline today.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 08:41:41 »

He's basically said he's gonna try and stay at Wednesday, but he probably will join us.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 08:47:09 »

He's basically said he's gonna try and stay at Wednesday, but he probably will join us.

Nice feeling wanted eh!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 10:11:45 »

The only time I can remember us hammering someone in the league was Huddersfield 6-0. I think Peter Thorne got a hat trick and their fans had to endure it all whilst sat on the stratton bank on a freezing weekday night. They were good sports though I remember them celebrating a corner like it was a goal.
We were aweful from about 1997, when I started supporting Town!!! There was that one spell when were doing well in Division 1 but until recently I had had very little to cheer about as a Swindon fan! I remember going to the Ipswich game which we lost 4-1. Grazioli scored a brilliant opener after about 4 minutes and we fell apart from there. Live on Sky too I think.  Oops

Atleast we've seen a few larger scorelines in our favour recently, mostly against Notts County  Cheesy
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 10:27:40 »

Hopefully PS will cross him off the list now, is the bloke related to Gareth Whalley or something?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: