Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New manager  (Read 2401 times)
Walt flanagan's Dog

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 16:25:09 »

This point was raised on BBC swindon on saturday after the match (so sorry if anyone has already raised it).  IF we sack A K, who would be in charge of getting a replacement in?? Sandy Fucking Gray!?!?!?  People need to realise that our board know fuck all about football, or in fact management, and I think they know this, and when you add this to the fact that the club have no money to spend on players or wages, who would want to be our manager?  (please if you answer this question, try to be logical,  Colin Colderwood is not going to leave Northampton for us).

I think that if the 'boo boys' continue, i think the board will take the easy way out and fire A K (where the money will come from I don't know!?!) and employ Ian Woan, Iffy, Alan Reeves,or a combination of these on a caretaker period until the summer.  this may work, but it will leave the club in futher lymbo, which we as a club could do with out.

bscure Reference-man!!
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 16:39:04 »

Fucking hell Walt, your longest post ever! you must have been working on that all afternoon Wink

As discussed on the way home on sat, its a fair point though. I think I'd trust Myra Hindley to pick the best candidate for STFC manager more than our current board.

That said, I think that unless King does his usual trick of pulling a few results out of the hat when under pressure his position will become untennable and the board will have no choice but to sack him. Let us pray that Woan / Reeves / Iffy are not seen as the men to lead us out of trouble............
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 16:39:56 »

Yeah that's exactly what I think. It's got the point where I think King probably will leave pretty soon unfortunately but that's when our problems are really going to start.

Still we could get lucky. I'll wish the new manager luck but they will need it.
Asher

« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 21:43:32 »

Id like to see woan given a chance and actually have faith in him doing something?!?!

I was speaking to a ex director of teh club today and he confirmed the board believe he has lost the plot but also raised the point that not one member of the board are football people who are looking at it as a business.  I accept this but if King went to them and said I need a striker for example they would say no the business does not see this.....
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 21:56:17 »

Weren't the trust trying to get a fan on the board? That could actually do the club a world of good...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 22:00:33 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Weren't the trust trying to get a fan on the board? That could actually do the club a world of good...

But that was Justin Tomlinson...which means it wouldn't have done any good at all
Elsterap

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 22:07:14 »

I don't think that's gunna happen though, the club said for the the Trust to shut up about it and they haven't said a word about it since. :Huh?:

But if they did have a fan on the board i doubt it would be JT Reg, more likely Tony Norris (head of Trust.)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 22:17:59 »

Quote from: "Elsterap"

I don't think that's gunna happen though, the club said for the the Trust to shut up about it and they haven't said a word about it since. :Huh?:

But if they did have a fan on the board i doubt it would be JT Reg, more likely Tony Norris (head of Trust.)

Tails question was, didn't the Trust try and get someone on the Board, to which the answer is yes.... Justin Tomlinson.

If they wante to put forward another candidate then presumably any Trust member could stand for selection......I'd vote Yeovil Red.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 22:22:02 »

My membership has run out.

I do intend to  sort it.

Yes vote for me Cool

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 22:27:54 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
My membership has run out.

I do intend to  sort it.

Yes vote for me Cool

Job definition.......is an abilty to attend an occasional game, and drink spirits in a wood panelled room at half time.....absolutely no knowledge of football an advantage.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 22:32:54 »

sounds just the ticket for yeovil he gets my vote
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 22:57:05 »

Cheesy it does doesnt it.

/
W56196272
Pages: [1]   Go Up