Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris Dancing  (Read 39858 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 10:22:25 »

Getting the 'it's not my fault' in early now I see.  Roll Eyes

Not remotely in any sort of Morris out mood, but if he don't like it (and he knew what he was signing up for), then not sure what the answer is albeit constantly bitching to the media ain't gonna help anyone.

Yeah and this was why I posted it really. Is there anything to really gain here from him making a semi snide comment at the board?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 10:25:09 »

Could it just be a case of club knowing season is dead, the trip being a tad over the usual 2 hour rule clubs apply and saving a few G's where they can? It's not ideal for the game prep for sure
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 10:26:11 »

I'd file myself under 'Morris in' but I would like it if he showed a bit more pride in being the manager of our club in his interviews. At least he is wearing some STFC gear unlike Garner, but the whinging and general impression that it is a bit of a chore to be here is starting to slightly grate...
There are 92 managers jobs in English League football and he should be proud to have one of those, and at a club like ours, regardless of the conditions he is operating under.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 10:33:20 »

I'd file myself under 'Morris in' but I would like it if he showed a bit more pride in being the manager of our club in his interviews. At least he is wearing some STFC gear unlike Garner, but the whinging and general impression that it is a bit of a chore to be here is starting to slightly grate...
There are 92 managers jobs in English League football and he should be proud to have one of those, and at a club like ours, regardless of the conditions he is operating under.
Yes,I always get the impression in his interviews that he's merely observing and not actually managing. I recall someone saying on here that he comments on events as if he's had no input and that's pretty accurate

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 10:37:58 »

Yes,I always get the impression in his interviews that he's merely observing and not actually managing. I recall someone saying on here that he comments on events as if he's had no input and that's pretty accurate

Perhaps a hangover of being an academy coach/assistant manager if I am being generous. It is a learning curve for him too. Either way someone should have a word as it is hardly helping to engender unity between fans/team/manager. Sadly we seemingly don't employ that 'someone' who has a clue about this sort of thing so it probably won't happen.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 10:44:16 »

Perhaps a hangover of being an academy coach/assistant manager if I am being generous. It is a learning curve for him too. Either way someone should have a word as it is hardly helping to engender unity between fans/team/manager. Sadly we seemingly don't employ that 'someone' who has a clue about this sort of thing so it probably won't happen.

Morris is a grown adult and knows exactly what he is doing and how it comes across, its clear he has been media trained to within an inch of his life (as one would expect coming up through Chelsea), just compare his media engagements with SL who was shite and it really didn't help his cause.

I always get the impression that his first objective is always to protect brand Morris and shift blame if things haven't gone well.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 10:47:53 »

Morris is a grown adult and knows exactly what he is doing and how it comes across, its clear he has been media trained to within an inch of his life (as one would expect coming up through Chelsea), just compare his media engagements with SL who was shite and it really didn't help his cause.

I always get the impression that his first objective is always to protect brand Morris and shift blame if things haven't gone well.

As I say, I'm being generous...

He's media savvy for sure. Some of Lindsey's interviews were simply embarrassing to watch.

I do vaguely remember Wellens shifting to 'reputation management' mode before he buggered off to Salford and it annoyed me at the time, especially as he had spent 18 months blowing smoke up Lee Power's arse.
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 11:03:45 »

Another Morris whinge has dropped, what a surprise, it's been all of a week since the last one, I was starting to think he was less of a cunt.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 11:12:40 »

I do vaguely remember Wellens shifting to 'reputation management' mode before he buggered off to Salford and it annoyed me at the time, especially as he had spent 18 months blowing smoke up Lee Power's arse.

I think they are very similar albeit Wellens had the benefit of doing well (until the end) plus he's pretty charismatic which is something that can't be suggested of Morris.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 11:25:14 »

I think they are very similar albeit Wellens had the benefit of doing well (until the end) plus he's pretty charismatic which is something that can't be suggested of Morris.

It's fair to say we haven't seen this bloke yet:

"I’ve known Jody a long time and he has always been a funny, engaging and warm personality. You get to know someone when you’re with them in Malaysia at an Under 20s World Cup for six weeks and Jody had a presence about him; confident in his own ability and a natural leader."

"He has an infectious personality which will get everyone up."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8008109/Bubbly-Jody-Morris-secret-ingredient-Frank-Lampards-success-assistant-Chelsea.html
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 11:47:22 by Mooneyraker » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 12:13:06 »

Could Morris moans about things like lack of hotels, or lack of clarity around transfer business, not just be pushing those above to hold themselves to a higher standard?

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 12:16:57 »

or also maybe he was asked about it directly
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 12:46:09 »

or also maybe he was asked about it directly

Especially if one of the players had complained about it to someone and the media got wind of it.

I’m always very wary of criticising someone based on media coverage until you have seen what was said and in what context.

I remember the Gareth Bale “he wouldn’t want any of the England squad” comment which got plenty of press coverage, when you see the actual interview he had a big smile on his face & winked at the reporter so was clearly having a bit of a laugh which is not how it came across in the mainstream press
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 12:54:27 »

I don’t know exactly, but given the professional organisations he’ll have been accustomed to across his career I can easily imagine Morris getting frustrated with the amateur omnishambles of an organisation we appear to be.

Element of caveat emptor to that, though

Things get better but they never get good
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 12:55:42 »

Could Morris moans about things like lack of hotels, or lack of clarity around transfer business, not just be pushing those above to hold themselves to a higher standard?

Exactly this
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: