Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris Dancing  (Read 39895 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 07:13:17 »

Jury still out on Morris & his ability to coach league 2 players.

One step forward 4 steps back.

Score 5 away from home a matter of days before then serve that up last night albeit against a capable side.

I must be one of the few who thought we played pretty well against a side who’s effectively now gone up.
Outsider83

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 07:15:01 »

I must be one of the few who thought we played pretty well against a side who’s effectively now gone up.

For about 25 mins in the second half yea when they’d done their job and effectively out done us experience wise.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 07:41:50 »

For about 25 mins in the second half yea when they’d done their job and effectively out done us experience wise.

And that's the issue right? Morris can't magic experienced players out of thin air can he? He came in 1 day before the end of the transfer window, was forced to bring in free agents to plug gaps and basically make do with the totally unbalanced squad that was put together in summer and in January. I'm in agreement that perhaps Morris could be doing more to get the most out of what he has, but I'm  also in the camp that thinks we need to see how we build in pre-season. He's already said in interviews that we need experience and he will be working with the recruitment side to get that balance.

How we build the squad and start next season is absolutely vital for JM.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 07:42:04 »

I’d say we played as well as can be expected given we do not have a squad built for the physicality of L2. Not Morris’ fault, not the players’ fault.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 07:42:21 »

Me too. First 15 we were battered but after that I thought we gave a good account of ourselves,considering we were missing our best 2 players. No cause for deep alarm I feel,especially when you consider the runaway champions in this division have failed to beat us. Morris is right,they were hanging on the last 20 minutes. True they missed decent chances,but we troubled them for sure and I think we deserved a point
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 07:44:39 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 07:46:06 »

I’d say we played as well as can be expected given we do not have a squad built for the physicality of L2. Not Morris’ fault, not the players’ fault.

Agreed. I don’t actually think our squad is too far off - their number 6 won absolutely everything in the air - we could do with someone like that to partner Clayton. A better more athletic striker (someone like Simpson) and I think we’d be a playoff chasing team. I saw someone say we have the limbs but don’t have the spine and that’s spot on…
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 07:58:25 »

A combative midfielder, someone with experience  Hmmm
He joined Crawley.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 08:01:58 »

A combative midfielder, someone with experience  Hmmm
He joined Crawley.
Gladwin? Combative?? I've clearly not been paying attention...
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 08:06:18 »

I saw someone say we have the limbs but don’t have the spine and that’s spot on…

You’re welcome!  Cheesy

If we brought Morris in to “coach” and improve players then anyone expecting to see an immediate upturn in the middle of a fixture pile up is being overly optimistic. They barely have time to prepare for each match.

What I would say is that fitness has improved dramatically to my eye. Both in the Bradford game and last night we look a lot more energetic.

Morris will earn his crust or his P45 in preseason and early next year when he has the chance to really work with the Claytons, Laviniers and Wakelings of this world.

It’s been a massively disappointing 2023 so far but we were holed below the waterline in January and whilst I’m not giving him a free pass I’m realistic enough to realise that we need to stick with him.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 08:08:31 »

Gladwin? Combative?? I've clearly not been paying attention...
Grant
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 08:25:44 »

I think most of us are in a similar place, if you try you can make a case for him but it's hardly compelling just yet. The summer is huge, but Morris isn't the only person in the hierarchy that plays a role there and there are question marks over how the club as a whole will handle that. Just have to wait and see where we are in four or five months time once next season has started.

This.

Plus let’s be honest Stevenage are miles ahead of Wimbledon.
It would be like a Crystal Palace getting a thumping win over Everton then losing the next game to Man City and calling it 4 steps back.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 08:32:27 »

Grant

Who can't get into their starting lineup
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 08:34:28 »

He's made 8 appearances in the last month. He's there to close out games. At 35 and having spent much of the year on the shelf he isn't going to be banging out 90 mins FFS!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 08:39:37 »

A side doing better than us with only 2 losses in their last 11. I'm sure he'd have got a start here, 6 losses in the last 11.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 11:32:17 »

Grant
Oh really?? Totally missed that one😖
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: