Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris Dancing  (Read 39874 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:05:33 »

Judging by Angus comments Morris will be given the opportunity to shape his own squad.  There seems to be a big emphasis on recruitment so lets hope that Jody is able to get the experienced players in he feels are needed for a promotion push, and he does not get interference from Sandro assuming he is not being booted out the door.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 15:57:48 »

I will believe it when i see it. Cant help but think those programme notes were written in a way to get people to buy season tickets.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 16:00:59 »

I believe him when he says we'll have a top 7 budget but that that's not saying much in L2 money and spending it wisely isn't easy either so there's a chance we'll still be shit.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 16:07:30 »

We could have the top budget in league 2 but it wouldn't mean much if Sandro is still choosing the players.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 16:14:51 »

We could have the top budget in league 2 but it wouldn't mean much if Sandro is still choosing the players.

He may well be but it will be under Morris’ tutelage won’t it. If as was said that Lyndsey had the final say then by that yardstick so will Morris.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 16:15:04 »

I will believe it when i see it. Cant help but think those programme notes were written in a way to get people to buy season tickets.

Which is kind of understandable as with the way its looking there is gonna be a fucking big hole in the budget next year which will need filling one way another, be it cutting playing budget (which will go down like the proverbial fart in a lift), Clems pockets or third party investment.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 18:47:08 »

He may well be but it will be under Morris’ tutelage won’t it. If as was said that Lyndsey had the final say then by that yardstick so will Morris.

All we can do is hope that it will be under Morris's tutelage but then again he may not have an eye for league 2 players either.

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 19:03:59 »

A big part of the Morris plan has to be using his contacts to get 2 or 3 good loans in, which could help with the budget issue.

But if the rumours are right and Kadji is “his signing”, we aren’t off to a great start!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 19:31:28 »

All we can do is hope that it will be under Morris's tutelage but then again he may not have an eye for league 2 players either.

Hopefully better than L2 😉
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 19:40:52 »

But if the rumours are right and Kadji is “his signing”, we aren’t off to a great start!

I didn't realise that Morris played for City, perhaps he still has links there who needed a favour?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, April 20, 2023, 19:56:45 »

It's quite interesting looking back at the BCFC - STFC links over the years

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/HeadToHead.asp?Team=Bristol%20City

So, give no fucks
Outsider83

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 06:48:40 »

Jury still out on Morris & his ability to coach league 2 players.

One step forward 4 steps back.

Score 5 away from home a matter of days before then serve that up last night albeit against a capable side.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 06:57:51 »

Jury still out on Morris & his ability to coach league 2 players.

One step forward 4 steps back.

Score 5 away from home a matter of days before then serve that up last night albeit against a capable side.

I thought it was a decent effort given the tools he has at his disposal.

Yes, they had a few chances but we look more organised and are trying to play a certain way now.

With a lump of a centre back, a nasty midfielder and a target man we batter them.

We are so short on nous, experience, leadership and strength but given that I don’t think we can say that was 4 steps back.

If Morris was saying “I’m happy with this squad” I’d be terrified. Thankfully he very clearly isn’t!
Outsider83

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 07:02:23 »

I thought it was a decent effort given the tools he has at his disposal.

Yes, they had a few chances but we look more organised and are trying to play a certain way now.

With a lump of a centre back, a nasty midfielder and a target man we batter them.

We are so short on nous, experience, leadership and strength but given that I don’t think we can say that was 4 steps back.

If Morris was saying “I’m happy with this squad” I’d be terrified. Thankfully he very clearly isn’t!

Everyone else will strengthen in some capacity too. Will be get the players he wants / needs?

We have seen a slight improvement yes but for someone we ‘broke the bank’ for I haven’t seen enough personally.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 07:05:05 »

I think most of us are in a similar place, if you try you can make a case for him but it's hardly compelling just yet. The summer is huge, but Morris isn't the only person in the hierarchy that plays a role there and there are question marks over how the club as a whole will handle that. Just have to wait and see where we are in four or five months time once next season has started.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: