Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris Dancing  (Read 39871 times)
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 08:32:42 »

Same here even if if he's replaced with Artell

Why even? Artell was the best and obvious choice when the board decided to be clever and go for Morris.
I don't know whether it is fair to judge Morris after such a brief period in charge, but David Artell would have been settled into the job and planning for promotion next season if the decision had been mine.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 08:38:00 »

Why even? Artell was the best and obvious choice when the board decided to be clever and go for Morris.
I don't know whether it is fair to judge Morris after such a brief period in charge, but David Artell would have been settled into the job and planning for promotion next season if the decision had been mine.

Artell was my preferred choice mainly because of his experience of league 2 and doing well for Crewe

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 08:55:57 »

Just looking back at the stats and it really is grim reading. In the last 21 games we've won 5, drawn 6 and lost 10! 21 points from a possible 63. 1 point per game. Likely relegation over a full season.

I definitely think Morris has played a bad hand badly, particularly in the last 3 games and seemingly off the pitch but the rot had set in. Lindsey won 2 of his last 8, and I've never seen a worse winning performance than the Northampton game.

It all broadly coincides with the end of the MacDonald/Clayton defensive partnership. Clearly there are many more factors at play, such as having a midfield with the structural integrity of a Wotsit, but I think it is fair to say that CB is a disaster zone. I really hope that once this season is over FBT goes back to left back. Whilst he has been a willing stand in at CB it has been to both his and the team's detriment. The Mariappa transfer collapse is a wistful 'what might have been' moment.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 09:23:42 »

Welcome back Rokerite !
Just an aside, but Sunderland fans are the best !Will never forget how gracious your fans were in defeat at Wembley in 1990.

I remember you were firmly in the Artell camp and I was firmly in the Morris camp during the protracted appointment saga.
Artell had the rug pulled from under him at Crewe when all his top players were sold on which I guess was all part of their plan.
It didn't work for Artell or Crewe and its taken them a whole season to get back to winning games again. However, if Artell had landed here and been given the same depleted squad Morris was given I just can't see him doing anything different. He couldn't rebuild at Crewe in the time he was given and in my view would not have "settled into the job" at Swindon.

If you had been watching our lot over the last couple of months I think you might understand no manager, not even Artell would have been able to stop the rot. We currently have serious issues within the club that need to be sorted out before we can even begin to start winning football matches again.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 13:54:09 »

Welcome back Rokerite !
Just an aside, but Sunderland fans are the best !Will never forget how gracious your fans were in defeat at Wembley in 1990.

I remember you were firmly in the Artell camp and I was firmly in the Morris camp during the protracted appointment saga.
Artell had the rug pulled from under him at Crewe when all his top players were sold on which I guess was all part of their plan.
It didn't work for Artell or Crewe and its taken them a whole season to get back to winning games again. However, if Artell had landed here and been given the same depleted squad Morris was given I just can't see him doing anything different. He couldn't rebuild at Crewe in the time he was given and in my view would not have "settled into the job" at Swindon.

If you had been watching our lot over the last couple of months I think you might understand no manager, not even Artell would have been able to stop the rot. We currently have serious issues within the club that need to be sorted out before we can even begin to start winning football matches again.

I'm sorry to read that there are still problems behind the scenes. I hoped the troubles had departed with that so and so Lee Power.
Swindon Town is probably potentially second only to Bradford City in the fourth tier. Get things right and you can start the climb back towards The Championship; which I note you haven't been in since 2000.
Good Luck to you with or without Jody Morris. And thank you for the kind words about our supporters. I didn't go to the  1990 match but I well remember my pal's comments when he returned home; "It was 1-0 but it should have ten, Swindon played us off the park"
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 14:43:53 »

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/04/14/swindon-town-manager-makes-worrying-admission/

These guys have an agenda. Odd.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 14:47:17 »

I think it's pretty clear who *isn't* their source, isn't it!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 14:47:38 »

They’ve clearly got a ‘source’ whose nose has been put out of joint by Morris.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #158 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 14:48:37 »

They cant even get tomorrows opponents correct, its Barrow not Bradford.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 14:49:53 »

Did anyone else read those Morris comments as him 'accepting' the current poor form? I didn't. Total shit-stirring.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 14:57:32 »

It read like a young Oxford based amatuer Fanzine writer of early internet fare had written it.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 15:02:15 »

With the sudden influx of rumours and this, it definitely seems like there is a campaign internally against Morris. 
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 15:10:42 »

It actually makes me more pro-Morris if anything as it gives the impression that someone is trying to shaft him.
DMC

« Reply #163 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 15:12:53 »

It would depend who is leaking it though for me, i know for a fact those EFL guys post any rumour they hear so for all we know it could be the fucking Chef who doesn't like him and telling them shit

I do think he has probably put a few noses out of joint though
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 15:13:13 »

Negative sentiment is always used by these sorts of social media people as it means more clicks. People are far more likely to click on an article entitled "Swindon Town Manager makes Worrying Admission" than "Swindon Town manager thinks poor form will make them stronger in the long run".
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: