Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Team Bath Resign From The Conference South  (Read 1505 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 16:24:28 »

Team Bath have had to resign from the Conference South as the Conference will not allow the team to win promotion to the Conference National. The club has also had to give up its membership of FA Cup competitions.

http://www.teambath.com/2009/04/teambath-fc-resigns-from-blue-square-conference/
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 16:48:01 »

What's the Conference's beef with Team Bath then?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 16:52:14 »

What's the Conference's beef with Team Bath then?

Not sure, but it's a funny set up, as only students play, maybe they don't have a proper ground etc.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 16:54:12 »

Not sure, but it's a funny set up, as only students play, maybe they don't have a proper ground etc.
As far as I know they do have a ground. Perhaps it is something to do with only students being allowed to play?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 16:57:34 »

As far as I know they do have a ground. Perhaps it is something to do with only students being allowed to play?

Perhaps being elitist contravenes the spirit of the league..
sergeant_wilson

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 17:12:52 »

They dont have a ground just a fence round the pitch. No seats or anything. Shame they cant share twerton park or use the Rugby ground.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 17:13:43 »

I thought they were sharing at Twerton Park!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 17:17:23 »

I thought they were sharing at Twerton Park!

They do play at Twerton Park...... I think because its only students and no contracts etc they cant enter competitions as they are not signed as Footballers, they are only students. That said if they register players the same way as other teams I dont see an issue to be honest.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 17:30:14 »

They Groundshare with bath city. Bath city get about 500 every week, team bath get about 50. They wouldn't be able to cope much longer anyway, even if they did get promoted.

With regards to players, the actual university first team made up of people studying for their degree first equates to team baths reserve team. I think the first team is made up of your average lower level drop outs, who they offer token degrees to. I think andy caton is the current left back

Things get better but they never get good
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 17:37:21 »

They Groundshare with bath city. Bath city get about 500 every week, team bath get about 50. They wouldn't be able to cope much longer anyway, even if they did get promoted.

With regards to players, the actual university first team made up of people studying for their degree first equates to team baths reserve team. I think the first team is made up of your average lower level drop outs, who they offer token degrees to. I think andy caton is the current left back
TB attendance have nothing to do with it. All their matchday receipts go to Bath City, plus City get to use TB training facilities.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Rich Pullen

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 17:48:17 »

A lot of local Non-League fans hate Team Bath and will no doubt will over the moon with this not unexpected news.

It was a good run for them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: