Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Byrne: It was like a morgue  (Read 3040 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:03:26 »

Fair enough Paul, 3 draws out of 3 is not good enough.

10 unbeaten do you, then? Glass half full/glass half empty.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:07:36 »

It depends how you want to loook at it.

I wanted 2 wins and 2 draws from Leicester, Rovers, Peterborough and Walsall.

Best we can get is three draws and a win hwich is only 6 points, however you could say we deserved to beat Peterborough and Leicester on reflection of the game

Plus if we'd played that away against some of the utter gash we lost to like Huddersfield & Cheltenham we'd be well away.

Depends who the next manager is, he might be even worse than Byrne.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:11:49 »

I dont think we deserved to beat either Leicester or Peterbro.

Not that I'm upset with the last 3 games really, on paper they were tough games.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:15:54 »

I dont think at any point Leicester deserved to be 2-0 up and Peterborough had one shot on target and managed to score twice! If thats not getting a great slice of luck I dont know what is
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:16:13 »

10 unbeaten do you, then? Glass half full/glass half empty.

10 unbeaten?  When did Byrne takeover and MM come in last year?  MM's first match was Nottm Forest, but don't remember when Byrne took over last year.  Although I did read someone trying to say a week or so ago that you couldn't let MM have the Forest win (as that was DB inspired), but DB gets the Leicester draw, can't quite work that one out.

Looking at the league results seems DB loved the draw last year too.  I always look back to Hibs' relegation year always seemed to me it wasn't the defeats that sent hibs down it was the inability to win, which resulted in far too many draws.

I'm not saying we're going down but home draws are not the way forward. 
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:18:19 »

Just because Leicester didnt deserve to be 2-0 up dosnt mean we deserved to win!

The peterbrough game was just shit. I've no idea how 4 goals came from such poor football all ronud. I dont recall us having any chances either.

Draws were fair in both games.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:22:40 »

10 unbeaten?  When did Byrne takeover and MM come in last year?  MM's first match was Nottm Forest, but don't remember when Byrne took over last year.  Although I did read someone trying to say a week or so ago that you couldn't let MM have the Forest win (as that was DB inspired), but DB gets the Leicester draw, can't quite work that one out.

Looking at the league results seems DB loved the draw last year too.  I always look back to Hibs' relegation year always seemed to me it wasn't the defeats that sent hibs down it was the inability to win, which resulted in far too many draws.

I'm not saying we're going down but home draws are not the way forward. 
Well, no, I wasn't advocating home draws as a radical new stratgey for success. But there's a lot of tough games in that run of 10 (Swansea with 10 men for most of the game, Forest, Leicester, Wovers away, Posh all spring to mind) and we've seen some bloody good performances in that time. And yes, I do include the Forest game as Malpas himself said he was little more than a spectator for that game - that was very much a Byrne/Williams team. Hence 10 on the bounce unbeaten under Byrne.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:28:05 »

Quotes schmotes. If that's what we're after let's get Alistair Campbell as manager. Results and performances, end of.

Seems one rule for Byrne and another for Aljofree.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:28:29 »

Just because Leicester didnt deserve to be 2-0 up dosnt mean we deserved to win!

The peterbrough game was just shit. I've no idea how 4 goals came from such poor football all ronud. I dont recall us having any chances either.

Draws were fair in both games.

Jack Smith produced a very good save from their keeper to be fair. He was our most potent attacker.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:29:45 »

True, but that wasnt really a chance was it?   it was a speculative shot from 25 yards
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:32:59 »

Seems one rule for Byrne and another for Aljofree.
Not quite the same is it? I don't remember Byrne offering members of the crowd out or making wanker signs at fans during the game - bit different from remarking the atmosphere wasn't all it could have been.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:39:37 »

Not quite the same is it? I don't remember Byrne offering members of the crowd out or making wanker signs at fans during the game - bit different from remarking the atmosphere wasn't all it could have been.

That was easy  Cheesy

Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:41:31 »

His House will probably be like a Morgue when he has no job and the baliffs are coming to take all his possessions!! mwhuhhhuuuu!!

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:44:51 »

Wouldn't they take the house too though?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:44:58 »

It wasn't the night for people to shout their heads off, it was cold and the game was not exatly awe inspiring either was it ?

It is not just about the crowd encouraging the players but about the players encouraging the crowd as well, it goes both ways.

There was sporadic chanting at times from the DRS, so people did try and make an effort sometimes.

I wonder if DB has ever been to a mourge to find out exatly how quiet it is....and it couldn't have been that quiet as he was still shouting and waving around as per usual making plenty of noise !

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: