Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Look at Jeds twitter  (Read 16457 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 21:35:37 »

this forum is making me want to bang my head against the wall

This forum is making me want to bang other people's heads against the wall.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 21:38:03 »

Sorry
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 21:38:38 »

Sorry

That's OK, its not my wall you are twatting with your head.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 21:41:02 »

Sam's signed in , whaddaya know sammy boy ?

edit :And he's gone again
« Last Edit: Monday, February 18, 2013, 21:42:46 by GoSWINDON » Logged

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:26:50 »

I've had 3 messages on twitter today from Jed, seems a nice guy fwiw.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:32:42 »

Sam's signed in , whaddaya know sammy boy ?

edit :And he's gone again
I know there's nothing quite like this club.
Also don't get the McCrory haters tonight. Only feasible option to prevent big financial problems who went out of his way to achieve the sale of the club at a ridiculously quick speed is getting slated for not renegotiating a deadline imposed by a manager who isn't yet under his employ before he's able to do anything as he has no power within the club. Seems a bit daft. At least let the guy speak openly (to everyone not just nuggets of info on Twitter) and then make an educated judgement.
That's all I know.
Obviously time to call me a...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:33:57 »

You speak sense sam.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #37 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:34:49 »

Also don't get the McCrory haters tonight. Only feasible option to prevent big financial problems who went out of his way to achieve the sale of the club at a ridiculously quick speed is getting slated for not renegotiating a deadline imposed by a manager who isn't yet under his employ before he's able to do anything as he has no power within the club. Seems a bit daft. At least let the guy speak openly (to everyone not just nuggets of info on Twitter) and then make an educated judgement.
That's all I know.
cunt
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:35:22 »

I agreed with Sam, until I saw Jed tweeting 'You're' when he meant 'Your'.

We have to uphold some standards
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:42:07 »

No that's fair enough Sam, I won't sing his praises because of a few tweets, nor label him the devil incarnate.

But there are a few things that I'd like him to answer when he can. Bear in mind as a normal fan with no sources to ask we really know very little of the facts, whereas I'd expect the local journo to have a few more sources - so take these accordingly:)

- PDC says he has had no contact with the potential new investors. If it were me I'd be in contact with him daily - even if to say there is no news.

I note you answered somebody by saying that it would have been strange and pointless to do this. To my mind it is common courtesy that while it may not have made a difference, would have at least shown as much commitment as possible under the circumstances to keeping him at the club and keep the lines of communication open.

- I still don't understand the way Ritchie was sold. I fully appreciate it had to happen to keep the club afloat in the short/medium term. I find it strange nobody contacted PDC to let him know. The perspective new owners did allegedly agree to it after all.

These aren't questions to you, more to Jed when/if we get the opportunity...We have only heard part of PDCs side of things.

I'll suck it and see other than that.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:44:50 by Batch » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #40 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:47:50 »

The big question for me is that PdC or his representatives met with the new owners last week and they were quite happy to talk to him then. If he clearly signposted a deadline and it wasn't going to be hit - and they would know this - then why didn't they try and talk to him to say the deadline would not be hit instead of putting their heads in the sand. Its not difficult, is it. thats if you wanted to keep him. If you're happy for him to go then you don't contact him. Given that Jed has been on Twitter to talk to but not say anything to the fans, then you've got to go for the don't give a fuck if he walks option.
This is hardly a good start.
DMR

« Reply #41 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:52:03 »

That's all I know.

Sweet merciful Jesus if you really believe that then you are a plank.

I have already said I don't see why Paolo would have been obligated to keep McCoy informed but surely from the other side McCoy and co should have seen the importance of keeping PDC informed and keeping him sweet.

If you had a new editor coming in and he didn't mutter 2 words to you presumably you would be worried about your future too?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 23:01:49 »

Well looking at Jed's twitter he seems to imply he did indeed try and speak to Di Canio before 5pm which makes much more sense:

To Jed: @JedMcCoy with an agreed Monday 5pm deadline conditional takeover completion - just sayin u shud've extended deadline if u want him to stay

From Jed: @TheTownEnd don't you think we tried ..??.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 23:07:26 »

That's all I know.
Apparently he (or the new owners collectively) had the power to accept the new terms that Paolo proposed (going by Paolo's statement) and he, presumably, was well aware that Paolo had set a deadline of 5 o'clock tonight. Surely, if he has any sense about him, he would have been in contact with Paolo at some point when it became clear that the takeover wasn't going to be approved by the FL in order to persuade him to prolong the deadline...? It seems a bit daft to me to let the situation that we now have happen. His response that he hasn't been officially informed of Paolo's resignation is a silly remark to make too and doesn't endear himself to the fans - it's like he couldn't give a toss.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 23:08:48 »

Sweet merciful Jesus if you really believe that then you are a plank.

I have already said I don't see why Paolo would have been obligated to keep McCoy informed but surely from the other side McCoy and co should have seen the importance of keeping PDC informed and keeping him sweet.

If you had a new editor coming in and he didn't mutter 2 words to you presumably you would be worried about your future too?

So if I was buying your company and signed an NDA but the whole deal depended upon the say so of a third party regulator you would be happy for me to be having cosy little chats with your staff before it was agreed and signed off.

We have no ideas what has and hasn't been said, except one statement from an emotional former manager who tried to apparently resign last week, didn't roll in for 3 days them issued an ultimatum that was actually outside the control of the club!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: