Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V leyton Orient Matchday thread  (Read 25301 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #210 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 13:06:07 »

I didn't miss it, he did as you said. Only i'd not say he was "shit" and wouldn't say his distribution was "terrible". I also don't recall him getting away with these fouls, but if he did i don't care, he's a town player.

And as someone else said, he's still a million times better than any other defender (excluding Cuthbert) we've had at the club in 10 years.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #211 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 13:33:24 »

I sort of agree with Jonny i did thing Greer gave away a few too many silly fouls but in his defence he was against a player who's sole job on the pitch is to win free kicks around those dangerous areas.Greer has been very good this season apart from a little patch a while back but then the whole team went through that spell.Snowcroft will win alot of freekicks like that against most teams he plays against this year
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 13:36:28 »

What was with the exercise bike behind the touchline on the Arkell's side? Did it have a dynamo to keep the floodlights going?

I wondered what that was doing there, didn't notice anyone sat on it though.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #213 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 13:46:12 »

Apparantly Jpm has now settled down off the pitch so maybe that has gave him the kick up the ass he needed.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 14:51:23 »

I wondered what that was doing there, didn't notice anyone sat on it though.
I believe it was Alan O'Brien who was on it, spent quite a bit of time during the first half.  Somebody suggested it could have been used to power the floodlights, am I the only one who thinks that there are certain areas of the pitch that do look a bit on the dark side - and that only a certain percentage of the bulbs are working. 
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 14:55:32 »

It's without doubt the best performance JPM has produced while I've been in attendance.I honestly would have given him MOM above Austin.
Totally agree with that, he is certainly a different player this season compared to last.  Long may it continue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 15:41:41 »

I believe it was Alan O'Brien who was on it, spent quite a bit of time during the first half.  Somebody suggested it could have been used to power the floodlights, am I the only one who thinks that there are certain areas of the pitch that do look a bit on the dark side - and that only a certain percentage of the bulbs are working. 

Guess they are using it to keep his hamstrings warm. Clever thinking.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 16:02:56 »

It's without doubt the best performance JPM has produced while I've been in attendance.I honestly would have given him MOM above Austin.
MOM wise JPM is suffering from having a good season!  We expect him to perform, and boy did he do that yesterday. His speed of thought and pick of pass is way above anybody else at the club. Hope we can hold on to him, and that we don't see last seasons JPM ever again.

Austin is still a surprise in his performance far exceed his Wessex Premier League background. His all round play was excellent and he scored 2.

Either were deserving of MOM for me.
---

Saw the sending off again. Definite red in my book. He was pulling away from the 'covering' defenders and hence they weren't going to get to him.

The sending off was a tough one to see properly. Looked like a tug but Sheehan made sure the ref noticed it.

Great double save by Lucas (and inept finishing), but I think he'll be disappointed with both goals. Still no harm done.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 16:12:23 »

Somebody suggested it could have been used to power the floodlights, am I the only one who thinks that there are certain areas of the pitch that do look a bit on the dark side - and that only a certain percentage of the bulbs are working. 

This has been something that's bugged me for years now....the floodlights used to be excellent, but now they appear just about able to meet the lowest requirements, because the bulbs don't get replaced....I've asked questions about this at AGM's going back to teh days of Hardman, and have always been fobbed off with the answer they meet the minimum requirements so that's OK.

Basically we can't afford new bulbs or lamps....I had hoped Fitton's "low hanging fruit" might have picked up on this....but no.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 17:10:34 »

Orients manager has admitted that our penalty was a penalty and that the sending off was justified.

Just the orient fans disagree......

It's All Good..............
stfcinbmth

« Reply #220 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 17:24:58 »

Another two for Charlie then. Great stuff long may it continue. Might have to pay a visit to the CC to see him in action, maybe over crimbo
Visited the rellies up north at the weekend so took in the Hednesford v Chippenham game. Chippenham looked a reasonable side, and should have won tbh with the amount of chances they had. Finished 1-1 tho Hednesford did have a penalty saved
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 17:30:35 »

And you can tell. he works his bollocks off and actually cares, every time he scores seems like he wants to jump into the stand and celebrate with the fans! Shame he cant play at Fulham, be interesting to see how he would do against those type of players

Also, his celebrations are pure joy. Not a sign of cockyness about them. Whilst I did like that edge of cockyness Simon Cox had I hope Austin keeps grounded and level headed

I don't know why anyone would praise Greer for his performance today as he was fucking shit. His distribution was terrible and he kept giving away free kicks, one of which led to their first goal. It was as if he'd forgotten how to win a header legally.

we've got to have a moan at something dont we. Greer wasnt at his best but fan from fucking shit

How shit was Scowcroft? Thing is he's probably still on a massive wage.

The English lower league needs a clear out of this sort of player. Just an absolute waste of money! Made me laugh the way he went down in the first half under a soft challenge and had the physio come all the way out to check him over, like he was somesort of fine tuned athlete that needs nurturing. You're a fucking pub player James!

And another thing. When Lukas managed to pull off that fantastic save when he was on the ground, it has to be said that all the Orient player needed to do was get some part of his body on it (other than his arms obviously!), but he just stood there, totally clueless. For me that sums up a lot of the players that the English youth system produces now. They know how to play ball to feet and pass it back to the defenders, but when it comes to showing some initiative and some hunger and just making something bloody happen - they havnt got a fucking clue! Compare that to the way Charlie Austin robbed that centre back. Brilliant.

To be honest, I thought the Orient player whoever it was actually did the head the ball. I've only seen it live but it looked like the Orient player got his head to it and Lucas using a jedi mind trick made the ball travell down into his hand. It all looked very un natural, of course the Orient playercould have just missed the ball

True, probably because he is out of contract this year I think..... meaning he will likely be shit if given a new deal, ala Zaaboub, McNamee etc.....

Its at the back of my mind to.

That's a bit unfair Gazza, he's been absolutely superb and I personally think it's a Wilson thing; i just can't see that level of improvement and workrate for a new contract.

....but I hope this really is the answer, in truth I suspect its a bit of the two.

Apparantly Jpm has now settled down off the pitch so maybe that has gave him the kick up the ass he needed.

His mrs gave birth a while back didnt she, well I say a while back within the last yearish? No idea if that his first child and thats had an effect on his lifestyle or maybe it was the dog food someone saw him buy?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 17:33:01 »

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8825/austin316saysijustwhoop.jpg  

This image pretty muh sums up todays match!

Apart from Austin 3:16 is a wrestler.

Our Charlie is Austin 2:27 Smiley

Either way its going in the society!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #223 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 17:45:19 »

You don't have to be the last defender to get a red, but deny a clear goal scoring opportunity. If it was last defender only keepers could get sent off, unless they do what Duke did yesterday.
Barry Scott

« Reply #224 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 19:26:46 »

I didn't see O'Brien on it, but did see Peacock peddling for a while. Maybe it was to keep those 2 fit in case they didn't play.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: