Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Scunthorpe Official Match Day Thread  (Read 23246 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 00:46:22 »

bring the noise is a term i associated with oasias ? WTF Who do you think you are? Get over youself
left back

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 00:49:50 »

bring the noise is a term i associated with oasias ? WTF Who do you think you are? Get over youself

oasias? are they an oasis cover band?
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 00:51:41 »

oasias? are they an oasis cover band?

They performed in the shallow end of the swimming baths
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 00:54:21 »

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I take it back.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=4676.0
left back

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 00:55:09 »

They performed in the shallow end of the swimming baths

I hope they wore verruca socks!!
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 01:05:42 »

That's fine Ardiles, thought i was the centre of some conspiracey there. Think of me, in a Merthyr hotel, all local's and what that entails. Thank fuck i got 3 Brains left in my little fridge
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 08:43:17 »

If he does go do you think the board would go for another big name risky appointment? I would prefer a unproven big name to Paul Hart or Danny Wilson.

We Won't get either but someone along the phil Neville or Ryan Giggs line for me.  Fresh out of paying with an experienced side kick.

I sense patey is more of a Wilson/Hart style man though
kerry red

« Reply #232 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 09:01:16 »

Tell you who I'd like

That fella who was manager at Rochdale and has taken over at Barnsley - cant think of his name though!

I'm afraid I am getting the feeling of an end to the PdC era - if 18 months counts as an era.

The biggest problem will be whether the club will just be looking for stabilising as a League 1 club in stead of kicking on as we are all expecting - bit deflating
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 09:11:04 »

Nothing I've heard suggests to me that the ambitions are to stabilise as a League 1 club.
More that there is not a rush to get promoted this year; even that if we did get promoted this season it might be too soon as we don't yet have the infrastructure in place to finance establishing ourselves in the championship.

My reading of the situation is that Black wants to make progress on the ground redevelopment and opening up sources of higher revenue ready for when we get to the championship so that we can sustain the costs that will be involved with being there.
I can't see that there is any reason why any of those at Board level or backing us with finances would be interested in having involvement with a run of the mill League 1 club.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 09:21:58 »

Tell you who I'd like

That fella who was manager at Rochdale and has taken over at Barnsley - cant think of his name though!

I'm afraid I am getting the feeling of an end to the PdC era - if 18 months counts as an era.

The biggest problem will be whether the club will just be looking for stabilising as a League 1 club in stead of kicking on as we are all expecting - bit deflating

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there isn't a lot of point in thinking in terms of Championship until, the infrastructure, is at least on the horizon if not in place.

With the appointment of Patey...it seems the owner has now realised this himself.  At the moment, we're in our rightful sort of place....namely top ten Div 3, who can give higher teams a game in the cup.  Keith Hill is the fella you're after.
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 09:49:00 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there isn't a lot of point in thinking in terms of Championship until, the infrastructure, is at least on the horizon if not in place.

With the appointment of Patey...it seems the owner has now realised this himself.  At the moment, we're in our rightful sort of place....namely top ten Div 3, who can give higher teams a game in the cup.  Keith Hill is the fella you're after.

That's all fair enough but I think most managers in this league would argue that we have a squad of players that not only could go into the Championship, but actually should get promoted. In terms of infrastructure, our ground is good enough and we have the most sympathetic Board in recent memory. We shouldn't really need to crank up either the expenditure or the revenue.

Personally, last season I felt that Paolo was the difference. At times we didn't necessarily have the best players but he got us through, with passion, tactical awareness and that unique ability to build momentum in and around the team.

The difference this year is that, on paper, it looks like we should be winning more games. Our players are of a higher standard and our squad is larger in terms of quality. Of course there is a rise in standard between the two divisions but, to me at least, we are underachieving. Last year, at times, it felt like we overachieved.

PDC is new to this and I think somewhere between the two campaigns he has lost his way. We lack consistency and he is becoming a parody of himself. These issues rose before the changes upstairs and he is in danger of hanging our lack of success on those facts, which would be wrong.

kerry red

« Reply #236 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 09:51:51 »

But we have the team (almost) to go for it now.

Who's to say in a couple of years the players we will have then (plus a different manager) will be up to the task.

Plus we can say bye-bye to those ambitious players we have at the moment.

But, at the end of the day, all I really want is to have a team to support - come what may
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 09:57:00 »

But we have the team (almost) to go for it now.

Who's to say in a couple of years the players we will have then (plus a different manager) will be up to the task.

Plus we can say bye-bye to those ambitious players we have at the moment.

But, at the end of the day, all I really want is to have a team to support - come what may

Exactly. Which is why we may be better off with a manager who looks at what we have instead of who we haven't.

I just hope that person is Paolo, with a slight change of mindset.

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 09:59:07 »

Have i gone on the wrong forum or something? What the fuck are you all going on about?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 10:04:26 »

Have i gone on the wrong forum or something? What the fuck are you all going on about?
the end of days, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: