Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Walsall - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 37548 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 10:20:39 »

Quote from: JoeMezz
Was anyone else happy to hear that Branco is suspended this Saturday?  Cheesy
no. because the alternative is.. oh wait, perhaps will go to a flat back 4.

Branco I can't fault for his determination, effort and on many occasion his application.

but he does try and foul the opposition a lot. and is prone to the odd error of judgement.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 10:23:15 »

Not really as I assume we now need to change formation again as we only have 2 CB's for Saturday?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 10:26:15 »

that wasn't my intention, I'd start him because of goal threat. don't think you can play him and Robert together though.

well have to disagree on the rest because I thought that was comfortably his worst (home)  performance since returning and he was more ineffective than even boo!

It wasn't specific to you but people are making him a scapegoat. Bit like they've done with Vigouroux prior to last night.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 10:27:05 »

Was anyone else happy to hear that Branco is suspended this Saturday?  Cheesy

Adam El-Abd might be as he is lost on the side of a back 3 but no. Branco is messy, clumsy player but pretty much all of our current back three are.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 10:43:25 »

Adam El-Abd might be as he is lost on the side of a back 3 but no. Branco is messy, clumsy player but pretty much all of our current back three are.
Glad somebody else noticed that. El-Abd was woeful on the right side of a back 3. Branco should play there & El-Abd should be through the middle with JT on the left, assuming we play a 3.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 10:46:27 »

It wasn't specific to you but people are making him a scapegoat. Bit like they've done with Vigouroux prior to last night.

The scapegoaters, are in their element this season...spoilt for choice.

However the crowd last night stood up quite well in terms of numbers, given the historical level of shitness...
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 11:10:46 »

Won dirty, worked hard, great result. If this isn't a false fawn maybe just perhaps we'll escape relegation.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 11:14:51 »

The trouble is our team is playing so awful that any slight success endured by one of our players can sway someone's opinion whether someone played well or not.  For what it's worth I thought boo was not that bad and there were a few times that he was in a good position and didn't get the ball. Gladwin was defo under pa. Kasim was willing but seemed unable carry off his intended passes. Barry to me looked awful and looks out of his depth. The strike he made bought me by total surprise as I never thought he had anything like that in him. Branco did well in the air but looks vulnerable when the ball is on the floor. Rogers when he came on annoyed me pointing st every one and everywhere without really organising a lot and picking anyone up himself. It was a bad reaction from the crowd when he came on but I was more annoyed by the low attendance. If people want an even more shite team that's the way to do as power will make sure he does not lose out. Louis t was decent and made some good runs but for me obi was the best player for us won a load of flic ons, score one and was the best at holding the ball up. Ajose just needs to read the flic ins better.  Over the display I believe won't change much as we just have some many players that are just not ready and need to develop more I.e Barry. Without a change of personnel things won't improve a great deal. I'm hopeful of avoiding relegation though.
Chrystovski

« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 11:31:02 »

There does seem to be alot of love for Branco at the moment and the only reasons I can see are;

- He did one on Flint
- He likes to give it large to referee's
- He jumps around alot when we win
- He shows more passion than most of the current squad put together

Other than his passion he is a pretty average defender who was 4th\5th choice last season.

The fact he has been one of our best players this season says alot about the current crop of players we have.

LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 11:39:37 »

The fact he has been one of our best players this season says alot about the current crop of players we have.

Agree with this and this won't change in the near term. A big clear out is needed keeping only a few of the fringe players who show the best signs of improvement and some relatively experienced players brought in on pramanent deals. Combine that with a few loans. If we can get 7100 average attendance our budget must surely allow for that. No good keep buying £1 scratch cards and expecting to win a million it ain't goin to happen.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 12:19:35 »

Thompson is hopeful of being fit for Swindon's trip to Chesterfield on Saturday despite being replaced by Anton Rodgers in stoppage-time.
"My groin wasn't feeling great before the goal and it certainly wasn't feeling much better after my knee slide, but it was a much-needed three points," Thompson said.
"I was in slight discomfort and I wanted to keep myself right for Saturday."

I Love You

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 12:40:04 »

If you booed Rodgers, you're a cunt.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 12:41:20 »

If you booed BOO you're alright though.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 12:48:49 »

This. As much as I don't rate the guy I was amazed by the negative reaction when he came on. It achieves fuck all.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 12:49:17 »

If you booed BOO you're alright though.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: