Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Walsall - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 37548 times)
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:50:42 »

Losing 50/50's and wayward passing can be attributed to form. Jason has NEVER protected the back four in all the time he's been here, it's the main reason he's effective in a 3 man midfield and lost in 2
Oh i agree it can be attributed to form, it's just his body language at times that's frustrating (might have been like that last year I dont know) as when he does mess up, theres no drive to make up for it.

Still a lot of work to do overall, on another day Walsall could have scored a few with the amount of free headers/possession we gave them just outside our box.

Lovely three points though, hopefully they can kick on this weekend unlike at Fleetwood
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 23:03:08 »

Blimey, everyone has different views.  Thought Boo played well!  Closed down well and worked hard but not the most effective going forward.  Barry was also decent.  Gladwin was shit.  He seems to have come back thinking he's the man, but he's not.  Chris Waddle got away with strolling round the pitch as he had true class.  Gladwin just thinks he's a cut above.

Walsall look a very good unit.  That lad up front is a nuisance and a diver.  Left back looked very classy but was also a diver (though we did help him by fouling him a lot)

Referee was bizarre.Held things up a huge amount, forced players to move the ball back 20 yards from where fould had taken place, stopped all momentum. But I guess we should be glad that he didn't listen every time Bradshaw decided he'd been fouled.  Just most times.

We're still not good.  We were playing direct.  Weird to see but it almost came off.  One flick on from Obika to Ajose was only stopped by the keeper taking the ball and man at the same time.

Thoroughly enjoyed it in the sponsors lounge.  One for the oldies but Joe Butler who played for town 350 times was on our table.  The wife was talking tactics to him without knowing that he may just know what he's on about! 

Never knowingly overstated.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 23:04:41 »

Tonight's result makes up for the Port Vale 2-2 at home when Jordan Williams gave away that penalty for handball in injury time. Not holding on for the draw against Oldham still looks expensive at the moment. Need to push on and get some clean sheets now.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 23:10:37 »

Who's Jason?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 23:15:08 »

Who's Jason?

Surely even you can work out that's autocorrect for Kasim? Smiley
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 23:17:48 by Ginginho » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 23:25:26 »

Of course  Wink

Out of the bottom four now.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 23:29:07 »

Yaser is Arabic for Jason you tool

Things get better but they never get good
Talk Talk

« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 23:37:25 »

Out of the bottom four now.

On some strange esoteric goal difference calculation?

But yes, it's kinda progress. I'm waiting for Reg to give us an update on a similar position in the 196x/196x season where we went on to win the league...
EldeneRed

« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 23:37:37 »

love you to :-)

Love Struck Love Letter Let's be cunt brothers.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 23:42:13 by EldeneRed » Logged
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 23:41:47 »

If there's a team you want to face in hope of building momentum at the moment it's Chesterfield. Seem a complete shambles on and off the pitch and we have a great chance of going there and returning with 3 points. Obviously we're not great ourselves but the lads should have gained confidence from grinding out a win tonight.

COYR.
EldeneRed

« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 23:43:18 »

If there's a team you want to face in hope of building momentum at the moment it's Chesterfield. Seem a complete shambles on and off the pitch and we have a great chance of going there and returning with 3 points. Obviously we're not great ourselves but the lads should have gained confidence from grinding out a win tonight.

COYR.

True. I like the optimism, I also hold the same feelings... But I felt that way about Fleetwood, and look what happened!  No
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 23:51:35 »

True. I like the optimism, I also hold the same feelings... But I felt that way about Fleetwood, and look what happened!  No

Agree but they handed Millwall only their second away defeat of the season tonight so maybe they aren't as bad as their position suggests. I'm refusing to believe this will be another post play-off final car crash of a season! Think we'll end up around 14th.

EldeneRed

« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 00:10:12 »

Agree but they handed Millwall only their second away defeat of the season tonight so maybe they aren't as bad as their position suggests. I'm refusing to believe this will be another post play-off final car crash of a season! Think we'll end up around 14th.

I'd happily take a bad season of transition this year, and then restart with lessons learned and hopefully shoot for the top 10 next season. We may also be able to pull the double on the Pox if they go up and we've learned anything.
johnritsons toupe

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 00:37:06 »

Good 3 points.

Branco different class.

Kasim a shadow of his old self. Again.

Thompson gave us the best outlet since Byrne left and made one heck of a difference.

Walsall will be sick.

Lings comment about him rather being a lucky manager than a losing / good manager, was class.

Who had a pop at Don Rogers up in the arkells tonight and why?

Flashheart

« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 07:50:03 »

I know we were battered, but how did we defend last night?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: