Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Walsall - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 37604 times)
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:15:36 »

papering over the cracks - we are still shit. We got lucky, id rather a good performance than a win tonight, but I'll take it, they've got some fucking work to do.

are you lee power?

fuck that, we need points.

absolute car crash of a season- will bite your hand off today if you offered me 52 points with hoofball.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:15:43 »

Ha. Never deserved the win, but fucking get in. Great finish from Louis.
Our first goal looked about 5 yards offside, can't wait to see the replay.

Won £60 on a bet too now back home with a bottle of wine.

Beers Cheers!

Edit: Just seen the replay for the first goal, he's a yard onside when the ball was played in!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:31:04 by Ginginho » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:17:17 »

Playing badly and winning is championship winning form. Great stuff

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:17:51 »

papering over the cracks - we are still shit. We got lucky, id rather a good performance than a win tonight, but I'll take it, they've got some fucking work to do.

A win is a good performance....we badly needed a response after Saturday and got one. Of course still a long way to go, but signs are that the penny has dropped that we'l get nowhere without some ugly stuff.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:19:15 »

Well that was a steal, but we would've taken that.

Just how crap does Betty BOO have to be to be taken off. He didn't take their full back on once all game and lost the ball every single time.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Randle

I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:21:54 »

Well, if I was a Walsall fan I'd be pissed off but I'm not, so  Smug Fuck Off
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:22:30 »

Any news on whether Thompson went off with cramp or injury?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:23:08 »

I was pleased we mixed it up a bit today and went long when we needed to (never thought I'd say that). Great goal by Louis. I thought Ajose and Obika linked up well. Barry looks much more at home going forward. Maybe he is more of a winger. That shot he hit was a pretty sweet strike; great technique. Few hairy moments from Branco but he was good in the air and played okay overall. I don't know why people moan about Kasim, I thought he played reasonably well.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:26:38 »

Lings done well to get 2 wins out of the 3 league games he's played. If we can grind out a few wins this way maybe we can start seeing something resembling last season. A lot of work to do still.

And I don't give a fuck if we deserved it or not. I've seen us lose when we've dominated more than my fair share of times.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:34:13 »

I don't know why people moan about Kasim, I thought he played reasonably well.

Thought he was decent enough tonight as well. Problem is a lot a people had already decided he played crap tonight before he even set foot on the pitch
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:38:28 »

He hasn't reached the form of early last season but I feel he still has quality and he offers more than someone like Rodgers. BOO was poor. I would like to see Brophy start on Sat.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:40:18 »

Thought he was decent enough tonight as well. Problem is a lot a people had already decided he played crap tonight before he even set foot on the pitch
He lost every 50/50, his passing was wayward when he got the ball and he didnt protect the back 3 in my eyes but Gladwin was worse tonight
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:44:34 »

Most players are off colour at the moment but I thought Kasim showed the odd moment of class. Gladwin was pretty poor tonight. He might have to make way for Robert. I would like to see Wes in the squad but on tonight's performance I think it would be hard to break up the Obika/Ajose combo.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:46:20 »

He lost every 50/50, his passing was wayward when he got the ball and he didnt protect the back 3 in my eyes but Gladwin was worse tonight

Losing 50/50's and wayward passing can be attributed to form. Jason has NEVER protected the back four in all the time he's been here, it's the main reason he's effective in a 3 man midfield and lost in 2

Things get better but they never get good
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:47:31 »

Kasim is the shadow of his former self, was a passenger tonight I thought, as he has been in most games recently.
Possibly disinterested, maybe he was expecting a big move in the summer like his buddies, maybe the current midfielders don't compliment his style of play, but he's struggling currently.

We have too many lightweight players that don't put in enough fight/effort. BOO, Barry & Rodgers shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI, but due to lack of other options, they are.

El Abd was poor tonight, but I still like his effort and spirit and would like to see him signed permanently in January.

Will be interesting to see what happens in January as we clearly need decent full/wing backs playing this system.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 24, 2015, 22:50:23 by Ginginho » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: