Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Ticket Prices  (Read 24727 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 19:14:26 »

3rd party, 4th party, whatever? still a shit deal.
What do you want them to do? The options are offer installments via a 3rd party credit company which will all want to rake interest on the deal or don't offer them at all. Which do you suggest the club should do?
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 19:56:16 »

Here's something I've also been pondering. People have raised the point the town end should be cheaper. Is this because they want an incentive to move back to the town end, or because they simply want an even cheaper price?
ore of a thing I'm interested in, not criticising.

I strongly suspect that it is people who want a full Town End to generate a better atmosphere, but they want somebody else to go in there and have no intention of moving from the DRS or Arkells themselves no matter how cheap the TE is.

Past experience shows that when the side stand prices are reasonable, the Town End will be mostly empty apart from a few die hards. This was the case in the late 90s up to when the old board jacked up the prices in the side stands in 2001.

We wont go back to having the Town End packed unless you price people out of the side stands which would not be a price worth paying.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #152 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 20:11:47 »

I agree with that logic.

I also think the Board are not obliged to do anything about it, because we're not even close to filling up the side stands.

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 20:23:32 »

What do you want them to do? The options are offer installments via a 3rd party credit company which will all want to rake interest on the deal or don't offer them at all. Which do you suggest the club should do?

do it in house or find a company who wont charge such inflated interest
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #154 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 20:32:25 »

Barclaycard used to do a card offering 0% on football season ticket purchases, but I don't think they do anymore.

Fact is, if you shopped around you could save yourself more money anyway, unless the APR was very very good. Unless you get a credit card or an overdraft, no company would offer a low APR on something that cost less than £300, or at least no company that I've seen.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 20:43:34 »

Actualy illegal to do it in house unless they are licenced credit brokers - and the interest rate is almost the standard!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:00:38 »

oh that makes it alright then.it's great value and i think everyone should get a townend season ticket on the credit deal.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #157 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:03:02 »

I agree the pricing seems a bit daft with credit at the full price, especially as it's not clear in the case of a full paying adult, it's cheaper to pay game by game!

But I can get a better APR with my existing credit, so I may explore that option. The APR isn't hidden away in small print at least.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:09:30 »

If the APR being charged on the clubs installment plan is so outragouos, people could always take out a loan at a better rate (assuming they can find one), or use a credit card with a better rate.

If they cant get credit on those sort of terms from a bank, why should they expect to get it from the club?
flammableBen

« Reply #159 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:13:30 »

I'm not very good on credit stuff - but surely the bass 19.9% is pretty good if for whatever reason it's hard to get credit elsewhere, but if you can you've got the option too.

I doubt it'd be possible for the club to wangle a more competitive rate at the moment - especially when the basis for offering credit is "football fan".

APR is how much interest yearly isn't it? Will they do interest monthly, so that the interest in an absolute amount will go down towards the end of the 10months?APR of 1.19 would make the monthly rate 1.191/12 wouldn't it?, or have I forgotten something?

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:23:27 »

I'm not very good on credit stuff - but surely the bass 19.9% is pretty good if for whatever reason it's hard to get credit elsewhere, but if you can you've got the option too.

I doubt it'd be possible for the club to wangle a more competitive rate at the moment - especially when the basis for offering credit is "football fan".

APR is how much interest yearly isn't it? Will they do interest monthly, so that the interest in an absolute amount will go down towards the end of the 10months?APR of 1.19 would make the monthly rate 1.191/12 wouldn't it?, or have I forgotten something?

The terms annual percentage rate (APR), nominal APR, and effective APR (EAR)[1] describe the interest rate for a whole year (annualized), rather than just a monthly fee/rate, as applied on a loan, mortgage, credit card, etc. It is a finance charge expressed as an annual rate. [2] Those terms have formal, legal definitions in some countries or legal jurisdictions, but in general

# The nominal APR is the simple-interest rate (for a year).
# The effective APR is the fee+compound interest rate (calculated across a year).

From Wiki.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:33:57 »

19.9% pro rata isn't that bad, considering it is over 10 months and not 12.

I don't know what people are moaning about really.

It seems to me that it is the same people who are complaining that we aren't paying for players.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:43:03 by michael » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:42:56 »

They tried doing it in-house last season and look what happened - a load of people decided it wasn't after all payment by installments but some kind of "optional" renewal which they promptly opted out of because they didn't like Malpas/JPM/Phil Smith/the burgers. Leaving the club with the option of taking legal action against their own fans, which would have caused uproar. If you want to blame anyone for that option being ruled out, blame them.

You're getting this het up over less than 3 quid a month over the 10 months, by the way, you do realise that?

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:52:19 »

i'm not het up at all.i just think the ticket pricing structure is flawed for a number of reasons.i'm not grumpy,angry,pissed off etc,etc,it's just my opinion.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:55:55 »

i'm not het up at all.i just think the ticket pricing structure is flawed for a number of reasons.i'm not grumpy,angry,pissed off etc,etc,it's just my opinion.
Smiley Heh, you might not be pissed off, but fb will be now you've played the opinion card
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: