Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Match-fixer Alberto Comazzi takes legal action against Swindon  (Read 21906 times)
china red

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 11:01:13 »

Fraud???

He did what he said he would at Swindon, he got us promoted the first season and then towards the top of league one, the aftermath has been a complete fucking mess and he leart a lot of valuable lessons at our expense.  A fantastic manager with an ego the size of Jupiter which will probably see him destroy his own career.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 11:05:49 »

Assuming Italian leopards don't change their spots, imagine what amount of damage he could do at Sunderland with all the PL money sloshing around.

Does anyone think any of his actions are tantamount to fraud

I think thats quite a strong suggestion to make as I have not seen anything to suggest that anything was done illegally, more possibly stupidly by messers Wray et al who would not say not to Paolo's evey whim.

However I would be very interested who was representing all these players that we employed on high money then shunted out through negoatiated settlements as I would imagine that their Agents got a pretty tasty double bite of the cherry.

I am sure they won't care as they will be riding the wave that we did 18 months ago, but if I stopped and thought a little it would be a tad concerning to be a mackem supporter.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 11:07:37 »

I still can't get my head around how Wray agreed to all of this? It's a clusterfuck of a scenario.
Bert Heads head

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 11:56:43 »

I thought the close season was supposed to be quiet. And coming on top of the PDC* tribunal "settlement" this is like a kick in the teeth when we are down on the floor.

I've never seen him play, so if anybody wants to post a potted history** of his time with the Town, I'd appreciate it. Though with just 4 appearances for us (wikipedia is never wrong) that might be asking for too much.

I can't wait for 3rd August, so we can get this summer behind us and forgotten....

* I see PDC is up to the same tricks at Sunderland, he's now in double figures for new signings
** Potted histories for any town players would be nice, perhaps in a different thread, as the only current employee that I have actually seen play is Frazer Digby
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:00:45 »

I thought the close season was supposed to be quiet.

It was, this is pre-season.

If you want to find out about Town players and other STFC stuff, try http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:13:30 »

On twatter just now

"It is alleged the clubs then owners agreed to pay him £40K, a relocation payment of £2,500 & 12 monthly payments of £11,750, from 01/07/12"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:26:59 »

I still can't get my head around how Wray agreed to all of this? It's a clusterfuck of a scenario.
Because he just completely lost all sense of rationality when it came to Di Canio and gave him whatever he wanted because, well, he's Di Canio and he's brilliant, right? More than a few on here (and in the fanbase generally) in the same boat.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:27:48 »

On twitter just now

"It is alleged the clubs then owners agreed to pay him £40K, a relocation payment of £2,500 & 12 monthly payments of £11,750, from 01/07/12"
That's just reiterating what Comazzi's lawyers already claim in the Star article though, adds nothing to it, does it?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:29:44 »

The timing of this and Paolo's case can't be mere coincidence, can it? Either someone has had a word in his ear or he's picked up on the news sharpish.

He's 34 and suspended from football for 4 years, guess he's angling for one last big payday
Think you've got that spot on on both counts sonic. Be interesting to know who represents Comazzi, both as agent and legally, and whether those person(s) are the same as represent Di Canio. Suspect this won't be the last one we'll see come crawling out of the woodwork
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:33:30 »

Think you've got that spot on on both counts sonic. Be interesting to know who represents Comazzi, both as agent and legally, and whether those person(s) are the same as represent Di Canio. Suspect this won't be the last one we'll see come crawling out of the woodwork
Spencer represented a lot of the players Di Canio signed didn't he?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:37:00 »

Just no.

You know to the contrary?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:40:50 »

I don't need evidence to know that Lanzano was not on £5k a week. That's just plain stupid.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:45:30 »

Spencer represented a lot of the players Di Canio signed didn't he?
I believe so. As someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, whoever did represent Comazzi probably got double bubble on this deal as well, on the signing on and the paying off. Nice work if you can get it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:49:50 »

I don't need evidence to know that Lanzano was not on £5k a week. That's just plain stupid.

18 months later we offered Adam Rooney a contract on £8k a week which has come out as fact, is it really that unbelievable?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 12:51:01 »

Yes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: