Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Di Canio  (Read 26759 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 11:59:50 »

No.

We went top after winning the day after he threw his toys out of the pram
He might as well have been in charge for that game, his assistant/coaches were just carrying out his exact instructions. I don't think it's unreasonable to credit him for taking us to the top.

It didn't matter in the end anyway
DMR

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 13:06:24 »

And yet people thought K Mac did a decent job.....
DRS

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 13:35:54 »

So hat do you think DMR
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 14:55:07 »

Sooo pleased that mad fucker is no longer with us. Its nice to talk about Swindon Town and the team and not DiCanio`s Swindon Town. He needs to go home now.....

Bathtime
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 15:43:09 »

Put aside the "stand in the middle of the pitch gesticulating strangely at own fans" thing, which seems to have been relatively well intentioned, his slightly mad staring eyes make it look like he's being aggressive but looking at it again I don't think that's what he's up to.

What we have is a poor start to the season after having built a completely new side. That's pretty much the story for every season that PDC has been a manager isn't it? the start of the Div. 4 title winning season was a bit of a car crash. Start of last season wasn't great either. Given that I think it's a bit early to judge.

If I had to make a prediction though I think Sunderland will struggle this season. That "throw away the whole first team and buy a new one" approach might work when you're at one of the biggest clubs in the league you're competing in, with one of the biggest budgets, but Sunderland are a long way from being that. 

And the man management style is likely to work less well on premiership players.

..never go back.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 15:50:02 »

Start of last season wasn't great either. 
Wasn't it? Third at the end of August and a fine win at Premier League Stoke.

You are making it up as you go along.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 15:51:48 »

A 3-0 win on Di Canio's debut was a decent start as well
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 16:20:24 »

Wasn't it? Third at the end of August and a fine win at Premier League Stoke.

You are making it up as you go along.

That's pretty selective. Only counting the first 3 league games of last season as "the start of the season" is bit of a desperate way to make a point even for you.

We went on the lose the next two. Meaning in the first five games (the amount of games Sunderland have played so far) we won two, lost two and drew one. You think that's a great start?

Ok better than the previous year, when we lost then four of the first five, including being beaten at home by fucking Oxford. Why Sonic thinks beating Crewe 3-0 makes up for losing to  them, Cheltenham, Shrewsbury and Dagenham in successive league games I don't know.

You say I'm making it up? Pair of twats.

..never go back.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 16:22:59 »

That's pretty selective. Only counting the first 3 league games of last season as "the start of the season" is bit of a desperate way to make a point even for you.

We went on the lose the next two. Meaning in the first five games (the amount of games Sunderland have played so far) we won two, lost two and drew one. You think that's a great start?
Ok, we were 4th at the end of September and in that month knocked a Championship club out of the cup. Having just got back into League 1, yes, I would say that was a great start.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 16:34:30 »

Ok, we were 4th at the end of September and in that month knocked a Championship club out of the cup. Having just got back into League 1, yes, I would say that was a great start.

You're aware that the premier league kicks off significantly later than the FL surely? And my post was comparing SUNDERLANDS start to this season with PDC's starts to previous seasons here.

THEY HAVE PLAYED 5 GAMES! They have 1 point. Two seasons ago after five games we had 3 points and went on to win the league under PDC. Last season after five games we were 11th on 7 points and finished top 6 (even after all the disruption of a change of board and manager).

Hence it might be a little early to judge this season. Talking about how well we were doing after 10 or 11 games is a bit fucking irrelevant. How fucking thick are you?

Shit, there have been many threads on here that have discussed without any argument that our starts under PDC have been slow and the seasons improved gradually. Why that's suddenly such a controversial opinion I don't know. Fuck off and amuse yourself some other way.

..never go back.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 16:40:50 »

Sky italia reckon he might be sacked tomorrow with Di Matteo replacing him
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 16:41:42 »

THEY HAVE PLAYED 5 GAMES! They have 1 point.
Did anyone suggest otherwise?  Head Hurts
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 16:43:53 »

Ok better than the previous year, when we lost then four of the first five, including being beaten at home by fucking Oxford. Why Sonic thinks beating Crewe 3-0 makes up for losing to  them, Cheltenham, Shrewsbury and Dagenham in successive league games I don't know.
I didn't say that it did.

Are you capable of having a discussion without instantly becoming aggressive and abusive?
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 16:57:15 »

I didn't say that it did.
Are you capable of having a discussion without instantly becoming aggressive and abusive?

I don't know, why don't you start one and we'll see?

..never go back.
chunky monkey

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 17:02:26 »

It's quite entertaining seeing him go off one, poke him a bit more
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: