Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Accrington  (Read 23382 times)
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:41:49 »

Do we get post match interviews on I-follow or shit Ads?

No one kills a thread like me....
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:42:01 »

Been there done that got the tee shirt!

Many good memories too

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:42:35 »

Perhaps he is my best mate Smiley

All the players that work with him in the past call him Shez and its easier to type angrily than Sheridan. Why does anybody have a nickname for that matter?  Hmmm

Lolz you got me there Wink My best mate is John Lukic (now he could probably still do a job in goal).

Not sure RE: Nicknames. On here most have pseudonyms/alias for what I would imagine is for anonymity. I kinda get it but after the kind of scrutiny experienced from government (turns out they know more about my life than I), I'm not too fussed about people knowing my real name or whatnot. For all the talks of "my privacy", the people who matter (or need to) already know everything anyway Smiley
Why? Matt Smith has done ok(ish).

Totally agree, they guy must be wondering why the fuck he is here atm. At least he just gets on with his game as best he can.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:42:51 »

My comments relate to a very narrow lens.

I am not stating players are not trying, don't care, aren't good enough etc.   Those are always emotional assessments by fans - how the hell do we know?

I am basing my comments purely on the evidence provided to us through performances - we keep making really stupid mistakes, far too many than would be normal, even for players at this level.  That has to be caused by something, and until we can figure out what and rectify it, how do we get better?

Do we have the right tools available ?  On the whole, yes.  We have enough in the squad to compete.

Therefore, there is a basis for improvement.  I'm just a little lost as to how you fix the underlying problem.  I think, in an ideal world, you'd cart them all off for a few weeks to almost start over.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:43:12 »

303 online guest......oh don't mock Frankie, ooo no missus.

All come to witness the forum meltdown.

In the words of the great Dave Allen, Goodnight and may your God go with you.

See you all soon Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:43:52 »

I don’t think things will change immediately because we are playing Tuesday and Saturday for the next 3 weeks or so. Sheridan won’t have as much time as usual to implement his desired tactics to the team via training.

If our next game was in 2 weeks time I’m sure our performance would be much better.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:44:05 »

Absolutely no way I'm reading this thread back!

Bring on The Gas.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:44:34 »

No. We can’t not.

Can 'none of the above' be an option?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:44:51 »

Well that was shit Sad
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:44:56 »

Just so many people taking offence of other peoples opinions with snipey comments - not sure whether you were agreeing me or not tbh.

Just an observation anyway..

Compared to what I have seen elsewhere, the TEF doesn't have a high proportion of mentalists.  Yes, some have expressed the their displeasure with the performance and result, but the manner in which they have done so doesn't compare with the madness on the Facebook (in my opinion).

Nothing to see here
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:45:09 »

I kinda agree, but we have to say we were piss poor tonight, and the defensive frailties are I feel spreading nervousness across the team.  I was confident enough to bung a fiver on Town 3-2 tonight but...

Biggest thing is lacking in confidence - someone on here said a few days ago a player doesn't sudently stop knowing how to head/pass/tackle.  Hopefully Sheridan can turn somethong around - be interested to hear what he says post game

I concur that we were piss poor and have been the majority of the season so far, i guess just more intolerence of other peoples opinions on here than normal, probably just lockdown and general irritable stir crazyness.. 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:45:52 »

I agree. It's not often I think the TEF needs to man up (given we appear to have chased off all the women) but tonight was a test of character, on here like out there. At the moment, the only blessing is that there are no fans in the ground.

It will get better.

It can't get much worse. I think the reason most are so scathing about tonight's performance is because we all know there's a pretty decent team in there somewhere. It's all quite frustrating.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:46:56 »

Can 'none of the above' be an option?

No. Time to donkey up.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:47:04 »

Forgot we were playing so seen nothing, we really aren't very good it would appear
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 20:47:09 »

I know this is shit but there is a lot of lockdown sniping on here tonight - some people need to have some medicinal weed I think..  It's always been feisty when we are shit but some of the posts tonight are bordeline twitter/facebook group..  and I fear that this will not improve over the next few hours..

Keep the faith Berni.

But what lockdown?  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: