Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Accrington  (Read 23387 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:33:32 »

Our best hope is to pick off the lowest of the low hanging fruit. That starts in goal and at centre back, where we need to sign two free agents who are a cut above what we have. We desperately need the injured players back. I’ve no idea if those players exist, or if they would come, but it’s our only hope. This lot seem to be our worst group for a long time, coming immediately after one of the best.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:36:37 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:34:14 »

Outside of playing better football than us, they are just physically superior in every position.

We are getting destroyed in midfield but dont have a third player to play there, now J Grant is trying to do it.

Why the fuck they let Palmer out with our options is till beyond me, it would have at least allowed us to play a proper 3 in there.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:34:18 »

Is it unusual for a team promoted from league 2 to go straight back down? I'm not the footballer scholar I used to be
Tbh, they usually do rather well. Quite a few go through L1 in a season or 2.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:36:51 »

We desperately need Conroy and Fryers back.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:37:33 »

Aaaaaaand breathe. Fact is, that first goal shocked the players as much as it did the TEF. Honestly, I’ve never seen such a meltdown on here. Accy are too good to make this game recoverable, but with a good, experienced coach there is certainly enough in the squad to sort us out. Now settle those quivering lips FFS. 

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:37:39 »

probably the worst half of the season.

Accrington and Pritchard particularly have been good value.

But we can't keep conceding like this.

the game is gone  in all probability - let's just try and see some form improvement in the second half

And this is sort of my point - Accrington are quite good, they may well beat us on our day playing like this.  But, even as good as they have been, we've literally gift wrapped and added some pleasant scent and flowers to their goals.  You maybe gift one of those in a game usually, at worst.  Not all three - it's devastating and no amount of sideline instruction can make a player remember to watch a ball, or follow a player they were just marking, or use their considerable advantage of being able to use hands to stop a player from nodding it over you.

I think being 1-0 down and being outplayed, and maybe thinking we were lucky they didn't create too many more clear cut opportunities would be tough to take, but something you could at least work with.

Being 3-0 down and knowing you could have stopped all 3 goals - easily, that's a gut punch.

Grrrrr.  Covid's not done messing with our worlds.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:38:01 »

and Lyden samdy.

And yes Rob agreed.

And while the season is far far from over RF, the first bit of it this far has been poor and extremely concerning. Surely you agree there
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:38:38 »

Wellens comments around not fancying getting relegated make complete sense in the context of this shower.

People have every right to be a bit hysterical, there are red flags everywhere you look.

We do not have a competent goalkeeper. We do not have a competent defence. We do not have a competent goalscorer.

Matt Smith is a shining beacon in the middle but he shows up how much of a passenger Anthony Grant now is.

I think this team would be worse if there were fans in the ground giving the players some grief.

It is very worrying (but still relatively early days and unusual circumstances).
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:38:46 »

When is the court case again?

Power simply has to move on- every season a full rebuild required- extremely high risk strategy.

Let’s get the case done, accept the points deduction and move on.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:39:09 »

I’ve given up waiting for them, even when they’re back it’ll only be for a game or 2 before they’re injured again.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:39:26 »

Yes.
That should free up Caddis to play in goal.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:40:22 »

I’ve given up waiting for them, even when they’re back it’ll only be for a game or 2 before they’re injured again.

Yeah, its always ‘a couple of weeks’

Makes me wonder if there are contract clauses for appearances or whatnot
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:40:35 »

Aaaaaaand breathe. Fact is, that first goal shocked the players as much as it did the TEF. Honestly, I’ve never seen such a meltdown on here. Accy are too good to make this game recoverable, but with a good, experienced coach there is certainly enough in the squad to sort us out. Now settle those quivering lips FFS. 

What redeeming feature / qualities do you think this squad has?
cired45

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:40:44 »

That has to be the worst 45 minutes of football that I have ever seen from Swindon in over 50 years.  The best we could hope for is that they finish the season at Xmas as it’s going to take a miracle to turn this round.  Caddis, a player I’ve always rated looks like a Sunday league player, is Pitman even playing, they are stopping us getting the ball to the front players by having an extra man in midfield.  Doughty is proving to be the biggest loss along with Brenda, it does make you wonder when Wellens decided to go, he doesn’t seem to have left us much of a team, we have good individuals who don’t seem to be able to play together
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:43:08 »

I don't think any of our CB's are that bad honestly.

Tonight, as with other games, the keeper has crushed us. It drains confidence completely. They HAVE to get a GK from somewhere. Fryer can leave in Jan, cancel the Loan of Kovar and get someone. We just need someone to do the basics.

We can't keep going with 2 in midfield. They have to find away of strengthening that up. Even if Haines is bad, we may have to play him just for bodies in there. Getting Lyden back is a must.

Up top has gone from an area we looked decent to a real problem as well. Need the injured lot back asap. T Smith to play. DJ to come back in.

Get the below on the pitch and i think we will do okay. With Stevens/Payne/Palmer/Hope/Caddis plus CB's on the bench.

GK Any one not at the club
RB Hunt
CB Odimayo/Conroy/Baudry
CB Grounds/Fryers
LB Donohue
DM Grant
CM M Smith
CM Lyden
LW DJ
RW J Smith
SC T Smith

but half that team is injured.