Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Accrington  (Read 23372 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:26:20 »

Accy look a very tidy team

A well managed, tactically astute team.
Flashheart

« Reply #211 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:26:40 »

I agree. That’s fine. But limit your comments to tonight’s performance, not the entire season. Some of the same people were saying will thrash somebody soon. Just keep some perspective.

I agree with the amphibian.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:26:50 »

Accy look a very tidy team

Or is it just we're allowing them to look good?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:26:52 »

At the very least you'd hope that the team would be slightly motivated by a new boss. Impress him and that.

That's because he's not going to be here long. I keep telling you all that. How unprofessional does a manager have to be to state that he doesn't know who any of the players are. Sheridan ain't here to do well.

It's Paul Hart all over again I'm afraid. Couldn't give a fuck.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:27:39 »

You're trying to summon Reg back, aren't you.
Smiley

the amount of goals we leak it's a fair assessment.

that's not to say Sheridan can't sort it out and save us. it's a big job though!
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:28:15 »

That's because he's not going to be here long. I keep telling you all that. How unprofessional does a manager have to be to state that he doesn't know who any of the players are. Sheridan ain't here to do well.

It's Paul Hart all over again I'm afraid. Couldn't give a fuck.

This - just said to my lad same that ghost of Hart was hovering....

No one kills a thread like me....
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:28:47 »

Or is it just we're allowing them to look good?

This is not just us being shit, they are taking full advantage of it..  probably the best team we have played against this season so far, and we have been shit most of the season so far..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Panda Paws

« Reply #217 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:29:13 »

I agree. That’s fine. But limit your comments to tonight’s performance, not the entire season. Some of the same people were saying will thrash somebody soon. Just keep some perspective.

The perspective is that this is a habit. We keep doing it, and if we don't stop we will be relegated.

I don't think, on paper, this is a bottom 4 team, think Sheridan has as good a chance as any to keep us up and fancied us tonight, but we're so far off it physically and technically, and it's not for the first time this season. That's obviously concerning.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:29:14 »

the amount of goals we leak it's a fair assessment.

Football's quite simple really, score more than you concede. We can't seem to do that at the moment.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:30:11 »

Goal bound shot by Caddis hits Hope on the back
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:30:17 »

I'm actually quite fearful for Sheridan, he's been sold a pup if this lot can't remember to do basic footballing stuff and soon.  He's going to be lumbered with these players and I am not sure how you sort the issue through coaching.  For whatever reason, the combination of Covid lockdowns, lack of training, lack of fans in the ground, has completely screwed with the mental approach of otherwise Professional sportsmen.  None of that is going to change any time soon, and he is not going to be able to go get a new team.

I know it's the same for every other team, we just seem to have reacted to the situation much more poorly than others.  It's also not something anyone could have planned for, initially.  Wellens likely couldn't see this coming - probably putting any of what we see now down to pre-season, which was also fucked up.  The problem is, we've never clicked out of pre-season mode - every game looks like a friendly.  The whole football world is fucked up (you can see it in plenty of games), but we seem to have mastered the craziness.  Struggling to see how Sheridan can fix all that.  If he does, he deserves a long term contract!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:31:33 »

Is it unusual for a team promoted from league 2 to go straight back down? I'm not the footballer scholar I used to be

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:32:11 »

probably the worst half of the season.

Accrington and Pritchard particularly have been good value.

But we can't keep conceding like this.

the game is gone  in all probability - let's just try and see some form improvement in the second half
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:32:59 »

Turns out Wellens is a shite manager after all doesnt it. He engrained this dross into the squad.

Cunt.
Flashheart

« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 19:33:21 »

Awful, all over the place. Extra training needed methinks. Lots of it.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: