Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vineyard Church  (Read 13907 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 17:02:39 »

Any of you know anything about the West Wilts Vineyard Church that meets at Clarendon College in Trowbridge??

Is it run of the mill, happy clappy Christianity, or are they a bit more zealous?

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 17:43:52 »

Not been there myself, but looks like a fairly standard "modern" church - so probably fits into your "happy clappy" category

Cheesy
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 18:50:06 »

Can't speak specifically on W Wilts Vineyard; but Vineyard is a denomination, albeit without a central heirarchy of any sort. They are modern, with loud music, evangelical and pretty puritanical in their views on morality.  However, where they have leaders wanting to connect with the community, they can do some pretty effective work.....though with a very explicit 'Christian' tag.  They do attract many yound people.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 18:52:17 »

Can't speak specifically on W Wilts Vineyard; but Vineyard is a denomination, albeit without a central heirarchy of any sort. They are modern, with loud music, evangelical and pretty puritanical in their views on morality.  However, where they have leaders wanting to connect with the community, they can do some pretty effective work.....though with a very explicit 'Christian' tag.  They do attract many yound people.

Make sure you offer everyone a drink and apologise for not wishing them Happy Christmas earlier.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 18:54:47 »

I give it an hour before this becomes a debate on religion.

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 18:56:31 »

I give it an hour before this becomes a debate on religion.

I doubt it, we all know God doesn't exist, right?

Cheesy
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 19:13:29 »

Cheesy

Bollocks, of course he exists.

He can be seen every week on the sideline (unless he has been banished to the stands of course) at Town games in a green coat & woolly hat.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 19:21:52 »

Cheers guys.

I asked because my 12 year old daughter has been to the Trowbridge one a couple of times recently with one of her close friends. Out of the blue tonight she has gone to one of their "get to know you" evenings. I was just wondering if they are a group to have any worries about.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 19:25:08 »

"The leader is good, the leader is great"

"I love the leader!"
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 19:40:10 »

He does, he's in our dugout on match days  Cheesy

Cheesy
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 20:36:42 »

God asks Lionel messi, "what do you believe in "messi says " I believe in true family values and hard work " god sees the kindness and offers him a seat to his right. God then turns to Ronaldo and says " what do you believe in " Ronaldo says " I believe in your generosity and the love you have given to all mankind " God is impressed and offers Ronaldo a seat to his left.  Finally God turns to Paolo and says " what do you believe in  " Paolo replies " I believe your in my seat "  Smiley

Cheesy
[/quote]
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 20:38:22 by Notts red » Logged
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 23:19:03 »

Any of you know anything about the West Wilts Vineyard Church that meets at Clarendon College in Trowbridge??

Is it run of the mill, happy clappy Christianity, or are they a bit more zealous?

As a christian myself, I listen to a lot of "Vineyard Music". Vineyard is a well known group/organisation of churches....not a denomination as someone previously mentioned.
It is a non-denominational church (purely focussed on following jesus, having a relationship with christ and trying not to get too hung up on the politics of denominational churches.

Havnt ever been to the one in trowbridge, but vineyard are well known amongst "believers" so would reccomend it.

Luke
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 23:29:33 »

Perhaps you could define the difference between a denomination and a group/organisation of churches?  There is, I fear, no such thing as a non-denominational church, nor is there a non-political church.....to say that you are focussed only on 'following Jesus' and having a relationship with Christ is in itself a political and tendentious statement.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 23:31:16 »

....having a relationship with christ

That's just gay and against wot the bible say.... Wink

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 23:49:58 »

Perhaps you could define the difference between a denomination and a group/organisation of churches?  There is, I fear, no such thing as a non-denominational church, nor is there a non-political church.....to say that you are focussed only on 'following Jesus' and having a relationship with Christ is in itself a political and tendentious statement.
Kind of agree with this, but that's a side issue.

wiggy, to put it straight, if you're happy with you're daughter going to a church and being taught about the Bible, then I don't think you should have concerns about her going to Vineyard
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: