Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Internationals  (Read 6596 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 19:04:41 »

Thought we were alright but considering we played a reserve team I wasn't expecting much else. Brazil look very good. Them or Spain for the WC without a doubt.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 19:20:23 »

I fucking hate France but don't feel sorry for ROI. So what if they had a hard group? Every group is hard and really ROI aren't a WC standard team in all honestly.

Better than a lot of the other teams already qualified I'd hazzard a guess at, New Zealand for sure.

I quite like to see other British teams and the ROI doing well, the Irish would be a great addition to the WC as far as I can see it, fans would be good.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 19:24:38 »

hate the fact that they seeded the play offs.  The all finished second, they should have been equal but fifa or whoever feel its more important to get france and portugal into the finals than bosnia.  Wankers.

Never knowingly overstated.
DMR

« Reply #48 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 19:29:54 »

The only player who looked any good was Milner, pretty gash really but I take comfort in the fact that was basically England B. I hate SWP, Brown, Jenas and Defoe quite alot.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 19:31:26 »

Yeah, really dont see how Jenas got in, there must be better options at RB than Brown too, even in GJ's absence?

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 19:32:19 »

Luke Young's retired so who's next? Hibbert?
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 19:38:47 »

God is it that bad?  That sucks balls, dare I say Phil Neville?  :grits teeth:

Why is it we always have one position where we have no depth whatsoever?

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 19:45:46 »

er. we have more than 1.goal keeper,right back,left back,left mid,centre forward
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 19:50:59 »

GK is a given, OK at LB for my money, left mid is ok with people out of position as has been demonstrated thus far under Capello, CF I think we are OKish.

RB is, after GJ, is just a gaping hole.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 19:57:16 »

I couldn't be bothered watching the England game, it was all about the money and nothing else.

Unfortunately I've still got the same concerns about England I've had for some time; Lampard and Gerrard will always play no matter what, Crouch will never start, Owen won't be in the squad.

We won't have a chance of winning anything without Owen, as apart from Rooney and Crouch no other striker  is international level. Sometimes playing Lampard and Gerrard isn't the best option, yet the whoever the England manager is they think it is the best option. Crouch scores a shit load of goals at international level and scares the shit out of most defences, yet is never really considered for the starting eleven.

Another summer of discontent is looming.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 20:00:48 »

Owen is past it sadly. Not fit enough and nowhere near his old best. I do think people have over reacated. After all we had at least 7 first choice players missing and we were playing the best team in the world who were almost at full strength in tough conditions as well.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 20:02:53 »

Owen is past it sadly. Not fit enough and nowhere near his old best. I do think people have over reacated. After all we had at least 7 first choice players missing and we were playing the best team in the world who were almost at full strength in tough conditions as well.

Fully agree on that. Due to injuries he's lost his pace. He was shit for Newcastle, and if you saw the Champions League game against CSKA, he was shocking.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 20:11:56 »

Owen isn't past it, statistically he was the best finisher in the Prem last season, so what if he's not as quick, I'd rather him in and around the 6 yard box than any of our other forwards.
DMR

« Reply #58 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 20:16:53 »

I'd definitely still take Owen next summer, he is losing it a bit but I still think he's more likely to put away one chance than Bent or Defoe who seem to need 3 or 4 chances to score 1... I still believe Owen is more clinical
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, November 14, 2009, 20:20:35 »

I don't think Brazil are the best team in the world, Spain are better than them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: