Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Oxford.....  (Read 48450 times)
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 08:56:14 »

We're 'the little team across the road' according to Chris Maguire. Who wants to explain to him that he plays for the smaller club and there is in fact around 33.3 miles of road between the two?

Hate that bloke, especially after he gave it the 'biggun' at the away fixture, kind of hoping Branco gives him the Flint treatment.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 09:03:25 »

Oh Dear ...   Rain Forecast for Sunday.
Can't wait to see those piss stains run in the rain !!.   Bye Bye Bye

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 09:20:54 »

Hate that bloke, especially after he gave it the 'biggun' at the away fixture, kind of hoping Branco gives him the Flint treatment.

Ha yeah it'll be awesome if we have another player sent off for piss-poor discipline early on. We'll give him a standing ovation too for sure!
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 09:37:19 »

Ha yeah it'll be awesome if we have another player sent off for piss-poor discipline early on. We'll give him a standing ovation too for sure!

Branco didn't get sent off
Panda Paws

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 10:31:06 »

Branco didn't get sent off

I'm aware, nor did I say he did.

He should have been though.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 10:43:11 »

The days of kicking Joey Beauchamp around the pitch are done.

We need a composed performance. You read the quotes from Oxford United's official social media, their players and fans they're so confidant that the notion of losing seems ridiculous. I'm not the most tribal football fan but it's beginning to irk.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 10:59:58 »

Maguire is playing it perfectly. Becomes the pantomime villain for us, becomes a legend for them. We shouldn't rise to it. I said it before but remember how pumped the shitheads were when they were 2 years ago and how much it backfired for them?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 11:07:08 »

The days of kicking Joey Beauchamp around the pitch are done.

We need a composed performance. You read the quotes from Oxford United's official social media, their players and fans they're so confidant that the notion of losing seems ridiculous. I'm not the most tribal football fan but it's beginning to irk.

Like the Rovers game, it's important for us to get through unscathed in terms of injuries/suspensions etc.  The proper important games are looming....it's a horrible thought and gives an indication of our plight that the following 7 games are all must win six pointers, v teams presently below or who can brought back into the mix.....Bury, Cobblers, Oldham, Cov, Gills, Spireites, Burslem PV  These games will decide our season....it's wholly unlikely to win the lot as such runs are very rare and only achieved by exceptional sides, but I'd say 4 wins a bare minimum with a couple of draws, 5 desireable....anything less and I think we drop.

What we really don't need is any 3 or 4 game bans for petulance or injuries to key players even short term.....like at Rovers nobody in their right mind would expect anything from Sunday, so best to view it as a chance to bed in some of the newbies and look at a system for those future defining matches on the horizon.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 11:18:28 »

Maguire is playing it perfectly. Becomes the pantomime villain for us, becomes a legend for them. We shouldn't rise to it. I said it before but remember how pumped the shitheads were when they were 2 years ago and how much it backfired for them?

I've got no issue with Maguire's comments. It's more that we shouldn't be so resigned, myself included.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 11:27:01 »

We're 'the little team across the road' according to Chris Maguire. Who wants to explain to him that he plays for the smaller club and there is in fact around 33.3 miles of road between the two?

For the first time in 20 years or so, Oxford are above us in the league, attracting larger crowds - and buoyant after an impressive Cup run.  The recent head to head record is also substantially in their favour.  So the timing of Maguire's comment is very good.  Difficult to argue against the point he's making at the moment.

We need a composed performance on Sunday, and a win.  A first step, hopefully, towards reversing the above trends and returning to the more established pecking order.  Wink
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 11:33:03 »

Can still play with hard aggression and determination without over stepping the mark into petulance and sheer stupidity. I bet Oxford come here with a certain level of nastiness that we will need to match before we attempt to play pretty triangles. Keeping calm is no good if you're being out battled.

I'm not sure this squad has it in them to grind out a derby win but we'll see. Will give some indication on how we're likely to fare for the remainder of the season if it gets to squeaky bum time.

Need to put this 6 in a row bollocks to bed ASAP though. 1-0 would do just fine.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 11:34:41 by Super Hans » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 11:36:19 »

For the first time in 20 years or so, Oxford are above us in the league, attracting larger crowds - and buoyant after an impressive Cup run.  The recent head to head record is also substantially in their favour.  So the timing of Maguire's comment is very good.  Difficult to argue against the point he's making at the moment.

We need a composed performance on Sunday, and a win.  A first step, hopefully, towards reversing the above trends and returning to the more established pecking order.  Wink

No we don't particularly need a win....there have been other seasons where we've beaten Oxford and gone down.  This is just another game against a form team in the Div, so anything a bonus. The big games are coming up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 11:38:21 »

like it or not, for a lot of supporters this is a massive game.

I think the support is teetering on the edge of giving up on the season.

hopefully the new signings lead to improved results and pull that back. but we'll lose a few if we capitulate to Oxford
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 11:39:14 »

We always need a win against Oxford, Reg.  It's the rules.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 11:45:10 »

Isn't every game 'big' from here on in?

Oxford included.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: