Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, the fans are split...  (Read 19059 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:16:08 »

Swindon fans went loco when MM got appointed, if someone like Nick Holmes got appointed many of our fellow fans would spontaneously combust!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:18:43 »

...or...what are peoples thoughts on looking at decent non league managers. Nick Holmes has done really well at Salisbury and they could easily be a League Team next season.

Would he be able to do a job as a higher level....?

It gets back to uniting the fans Dan. He could be brilliant but if he didn't start well he wouldn't be given a chance.

It's All Good..............
STFC Village

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:23:17 »

Someone to unite the fans, a "big" name or a former player.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:23:55 »

Feel good factor would be re-ignited by appointing people from, say, the 1992/93 season.

Example.

Manager: Colin Calderwood
Ass. Man: David Kerslake
Reserves: Shaun Taylor
Youth: Paul Bodin

I am not advocating this, but I guarentee that it would add smiles to faces at first. But they'd lose of their popularity if it all went wrong. Which would be horrible.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:25:30 »

I would like that Rich.

Malpas out!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:29:21 »

It gets back to uniting the fans Dan. He could be brilliant but if he didn't start well he wouldn't be given a chance.

True, although he's done well with Salisbury and probably achieved more compared to Malpas.....but your right.

Anything that didnt go our way would be met with 'why did we appiont this useless non-league manager'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:30:57 »

Hoddle is still out of a job!!!

I wouldnt mind Calderwood here, but again he took a few years to get Northampton promoted with a big budget same with Forest.

However, being a (decent) ex-player and former captain none of the above would matter would it...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:33:40 »

I think the names mentioned on this thread prove exactly why Malpas hasn't been given a chance.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:35:42 »

Ling would be a good choice. Think he loves the club and he has had a good record with Orient and i think he'd come because i think he's taken them as far as he can now. I wouldn't have Holloway. He's be off at the first chance he gets. Not worth the heavy wages he'll demand. Tbh there aren't  many options anyway. Billy Davies would be a good appointment but will he be the same as Holloway? It's partly another reason i'd stick with MM for now at least.
lambourn red

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:48:41 »

Unless we are bottom at Xmas and have been for a couple of weeks then there is no way Fitton is going to sack Malpas this side of the new year as he has too much of an ego and getting rid of him within a year would mean AF admitting he made a mistake(to be fair it is the only one he has made).
I know it sounds strange but some managers just seem to be lucky where as Malpas is definately one of the unlucky ones, some of the individual errors we are making are not MM fault but everyone points at the Manager when you are losing.
Spencer_White

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:54:54 »

Who knows who will be available, or not available later on?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 12:55:51 »

Who knows who will be available, or not available later on?

We only got Sturrock because he said he'd take the first job offered.
JPC82

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 13:01:20 »

I'd be happy with Holloway, Calderwood or Ling

Calderwood looks to be on his way out of Forest, Allardyce being lined up by Forest. Calderwood would be my first choice
Spencer_White

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 13:05:19 »

We only got Sturrock because he said he'd take the first job offered.

In my opinion, you only have this debate if you want the manager removed immediately.

Pretty pointless all round really.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 13:08:04 »

I'd be happy with Holloway, Calderwood or Ling

Calderwood looks to be on his way out of Forest, Allardyce being lined up by Forest. Calderwood would be my first choice

CC is not popular with Forest fans....seen like MM as dour Scot,  plays dull football, and indifferent in the transfer market.

Wouldn't take very long for the same fans who are on MM's case to be on Calderwood's
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: