Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luc luc luc Nijholt  (Read 18864 times)
mastapeaka

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 10:04:14 »

Robert T - on what basis do you feel Luc Nijholt would have the funds to buy Swindon Town and be a serious investor?!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 10:11:31 »

If he has them, I'm just going on what other people have mentioned, I have no idea myself whether he has enough to buy, invest or just send his CV by air mail.

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 11:09:27 »

fucking hell,so an x town player with coaching badges wants the job and everyone wants him.why?

bodin,white,taylor ect will have the badges too.but have been disregarded by many.
i'm neither for or against any of them and they should be interviewed but whats the fuss about nijholt?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 11:10:49 »

read the earlier posts arriba, at least Nijholt has managed at a decent level and has learned from the likes of van gaal. White has only managed at non-league level, bodin and taylor have done nothing in management to suggest they know what to do in the cut and thrust of league two.

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 11:13:53 »

Quote from: "juddie"
read the earlier posts arriba, at least Nijholt has managed at a decent level and has learned from the likes of van gaal. White has only managed at non-league level, bodin and taylor have done nothing in management to suggest they know what to do in the cut and thrust of league two.

i have read the other posts.

i agree but think the other candidates deserve a listen too.
i honestly dont care who takes over aslong as we go up and progress
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 11:35:31 »

Quote from: "kaufman"
Surely it sturrock would be the better choice? if nijolt had never played for us would we be getting so excited?
says in the express today that sturrock is leadeing the race for the job and he would be my choice over nijholt any day.
Sure the nostalgia would be good for the first week or so but i just think he would be a bit lost.
Got to say that IMO Nijholt has got a better coaching pedigree than Sturrock, and I would love Sturrock here, but I think I would do a little sex wee in my pants if we did get Nijholt back.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 11:56:17 »

Quote from: "arriba"
fucking hell,so an x town player with coaching badges wants the job and everyone wants him.why?

bodin,white,taylor ect will have the badges too.but have been disregarded by many.
i'm neither for or against any of them and they should be interviewed but whats the fuss about nijholt?

Because the players you list have poor coaching pedigrees so far.  Nijholt has impressed as a coach, assistant and Manager so far.  Some of those players would also have far too much pressure to succeed vs their previous reputations - it has tainted Quinn for example when we should always remember his goals.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 13:16:37 »

Tell you one thing, The AZ under 20 team is quality. We (Ajax Cape Town) played against them last summer and they were very handy.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 14:19:34 »

Quote from: "RobertT"

Because the players you list have poor coaching pedigrees so far.  Nijholt has impressed as a coach, assistant and Manager so far.  Some of those players would also have far too much pressure to succeed vs their previous reputations - it has tainted Quinn for example when we should always remember his goals.

bodin doesn't.and has been here for years.
nijholt has been abroad too,some could argue his knowledge of lower league english footy isn't good enough
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 14:26:18 »

You could, but whoever we take on is going to be a gamble in some respect. If it's nijholt it's his lower league contacts and knowledge, if it's sturrock it's whether he'll stay long term. If it's a former player the gamble id their lack of experience...

Reckon Hoddle would drop down?

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 14:34:32 »

Quote from: "juddie"
You could, but whoever we take on is going to be a gamble in some respect. If it's nijholt it's his lower league contacts and knowledge, if it's sturrock it's whether he'll stay long term. If it's a former player the gamble id their lack of experience...

Reckon Hoddle would drop down?

agree.its completely a gamble whoever comes in, it always is.
and no hoddle wouldn't drop down
sonic youth

« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 14:55:29 »

i agree but think the other candidates deserve a listen too.

but none of the other suggestions - bodin, white, taylor - have the same calibre of coaching experience. nijholt is a man who has worked under louis van gaal and has coached every age group at AZ and been assistant manager as well. he's also got managerial experience in his own right.

bodin - youth coaching only (i'm assuming you know him personally?)
white - non-league management, no idea about badges etc.
taylor - assistant and coaching experience, last job was a disaster.

i'd like to see bodin be more involved with the senior side though, he's clearly done a great job with the kids - but i'm not sure he's the right man for the job at this moment in time.
red macca

« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 15:10:02 »

arriba am i right in thinking you want macari to take the job..

anyway what if fjortoft was to apply for the job what would peoples opinions be then out of interest
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 15:12:21 »

i want Nijholt, not because hes a ex player but purely because of his record speaks for its self
mr ian

« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 15:14:22 »

i just got chance to read his(luc) statement and i cant help but feel he might be in for a big shock
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: