Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans' Forum: next Wednesday evening  (Read 18657 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #150 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 20:05:04 »

Lets face it, at the current time STFC doesnt publish accounts and is run by a bunch of pretty shady people. What if per say, the council did grant a favourable permission and then at some point things did came out of the club about STFC financial dealings under Dunwoody. They would have made some people very rich who perhaps were less than cosure. This would be extremely high profile (being connected to the football club) and that could tar those councillors.

I can understand them not wanting to work with the current board. Or Terry Brady. Or Danny Donnegan. They were all dodgy.

Id say give SBC one last chance, with a new board. (Then give up!).
TalkTalk

« Reply #151 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 20:08:09 »

You coming to the match on Saturday, Spencer?

PM me?
denniswisesbarmyarmy

« Reply #152 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 20:40:05 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Lets face it, at the current time STFC doesnt publish accounts and is run by a bunch of pretty shady people. What if per say, the council did grant a favourable permission and then at some point things did came out of the club about STFC financial dealings under Dunwoody. They would have made some people very rich who perhaps were less than cosure. This would be extremely high profile (being connected to the football club) and that could tar those councillors.

I can understand them not wanting to work with the current board. Or Terry Brady. Or Danny Donnegan. They were all dodgy.

Id say give SBC one last chance, with a new board. (Then give up!).

I agree with you spencer, give SBC one more chance and then forget it because if they dont help us out this time then they never will, although i dont know what we would do after that, maybe the club will move out of swindon i don't know, but i hope things work out with SBC this time, we shall wait and see what happens.
denniswisesbarmyarmy

« Reply #153 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 20:48:41 »

It would be nice to get a consortium to get together with the trust and take over by christmas but i think that is very unlikely to happen, hopefully it will happen by the end of the season though, it would be great if we could get promoted this season and have a decent board in place for next season.

I just hope that Bill Power or someone else comes in to take over the club as soon as possible, it would be a total nightmare for us if no-one came forward.

I wonder who the trust will approach? obviously they are going to try and see what the situation is with Power first but i wonder who they will approach if he turns them down?

I do think however that SBC may have a better relationship with the trust rather than the current board members, they probably look at Mr.Diamandis and say we aint dealing with him  
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 20:55:32 »

Quote from: "denniswisesbarmyarmy"
It would be nice to get a consortium to get together with the trust and take over by christmas but i think that is very unlikely to happen, hopefully it will happen by the end of the season though, it would be great if we could get promoted this season and have a decent board in place for next season.

I just hope that Bill Power or someone else comes in to take over the club as soon as possible, it would be a total nightmare for us if no-one came forward.

I wonder who the trust will approach? obviously they are going to try and see what the situation is with Power first but i wonder who they will approach if he turns them down?

I do think however that SBC may have a better relationship with the trust rather than the current board members, they probably look at Mr.Diamandis and say we aint dealing with him  

We initially need to formulate a business strategy in order to take to potential investors to demonstrate some form of organic and if possible expidential growth plans.

We also need to demonstrate to the investors the impact of new money coming into the club with have on the general community of the Town (predominantly national conglomorates love to be seen to be contributing to the local community etc)

This as I said needs to be developed into a slick business proposal presentation which of course would not happen over night and will develop over the next month
TalkTalk

« Reply #155 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 20:56:53 »

I think I've fallen in love with Fred Elliot.  Cool
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 20:58:04 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
This as I said needs to be developed into a slick business proposal presentation which of course would not happen over night and will develop over the next month

Can I ask who's drawing up these proposals and what kind of experience they have?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 21:00:26 »

MBA at Hull University's business school

27 yrs experience in sales/marketing and National Service delivery strategies

That ok ?
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 21:03:48 »

I wasn't patronising or anything, was just interested to know really.

I think this consortium idea will really take off and I can see it being very successful.

Good luck to those involved  Beers
TalkTalk

« Reply #159 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 21:03:52 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
Can I ask who's drawing up these proposals and what kind of experience they have?

A hell of a lot more better qualified people than the 100 Yard Breast Stroke Certificate board we currently have
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 21:05:46 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
I think I've fallen in love with Fred Elliot.  Cool

Why thank you

If we are going to do this and do it sucessfully we need to demonstrate that we are slicker, more professional,supportive to the needs of the community and also the money men to stand any chance at all of persuading potential targets to release the type of investments we need to support the club through the life span of the business plan
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 21:05:55 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"

A hell of a lot more better qualified people than the 100 Yard Breast Stroke Certificate board we currently have

Anything would be better than our current board, even I'd remember to pay the VAT bill.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 21:08:56 »

I wasn't patronising or anything, was just interested to know really.

I think this consortium idea will really take off and I can see it being very successful.

Good luck to those involved  Beers

Its ok Sam

it was not taken as patronising my friend.................. anything but !

I have stated throughout the day that the more people that are on board with this and contribute to a massive think tank the more sucessful we would be
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 21:10:36 »

MBA at Hull University's business school

27 yrs experience in sales/marketing and National Service delivery strategies

That ok ?

Fuck me I thought National Service had been abolished in 1963.....the very year we last won 6 in a row at the start of a season.

But I'm all for bringing it back, so all power to you Fred.

Instil a bit of discipline into some of the tax dodgers on here. :old:
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 21:15:13 »

I have stated throughout the day that the more people that are on board with this and contribute to a massive think tank the more sucessful we would be

Personally, I think the best thing to do first would be to get the press on our side.

If the whole 'project' is thrown into the public domain via the press then more people are likely to sit up and take notice. This way you may also find people may approach the consortium, rather than them having to approach people themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: