Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: (more).......Ince......  (Read 64540 times)
fatbury

« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 08:53:53 »

Bircham of QPR on loan was touted at one stage .. that might be the other plan B?
DribblingSissy

« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 08:55:57 »

Who ever it is, loan or not, he must have already had a preliminary word or its definately a free transfer with low wages....cause not going to secure any other signign in 24 hours so to fall outside the window it'd have to be a free agent or transfer......
On the wages side of things, i'm sure the club have already thought it through carefully....but if they havent I cant imagine Ince would be demanding that much anyway so potentially we may have to see a loan signing at a percentage wage cost???

Either way....I see this deal with Ince rapped up by midday today....be it signed or not signed! :|
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 08:58:29 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Bob Holt was talking about the cap last Friday.  It all goes to show that with Devlin and Power the others haven't got an effing clue.

I can't believe this 60% wage cap business was overlooked by MD and BP. They must have found a way round it. Devlin's main asset is his communication skills and I think if he was around at the moment he would be able to clear up the apparent confusion on the issue.

As you say, other than those two (and SSW), the rest are fucking muppets.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 09:02:45 »

From what I heard on Friday Bob Holt struck me as a man out of his depth.  His knowledge of football was shocking, how this man was picked to be our temporary PR man is beyond me.

He really didn't seem to have a clue oon what to do next when asked about this 60% limit.  Pick up the phone Bob and phone Mark, I'm sure he'll have an idea or two.

Thinking about it surely the fact that our two main men (MD & BP) are out of action could be used as an excuse why we're in danger of breaching the limit, this would not have happened if Mark was at the club full time.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 09:07:24 »

From what I heard on Friday Bob Holt struck me as a man out of his depth.  His knowledge of football was shocking, how this man was picked to be our temporary PR man is beyond me.

He really didn't seem to have a clue oon what to do next when asked about this 60% limit.  Pick up the phone Bob and phone Mark, I'm sure he'll have an idea or two.

Thinking about it surely the fact that our two main men (MD & BP) are out of action could be used as an excuse why we're in danger of breaching the limit, this would not have happened if Mark was at the club full time.

Exactly what I thought yesterday.  Exceptional circumstances surely?
Sussex

« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 09:10:26 »

From thiistits headlines:

Chief executive Mark Devlin has told the Swindon Advertiser that the club has asked the Football League to consider special dispensation for clubs newly relegated to League Two, effectively granting them one year’s grace from the restrictions.
Devlin said: “We have made an enquiry to see if there are any special rules or circumstances which could allow this to happen.
“What we’d be looking for is that 12-month period to allow clubs like ourselves to come down to the 60 per cent figure.
“We’ve yet to receive a response on that though.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 09:23:52 »

The Football League do Swindon Town a favour, erm, I think they might owe us one or two!!!

If I was a betting man though, I expect the "rules are rules" reply from the men in grey suits.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 09:24:25 »

The Football League do Swindon Town a favour, erm, I think they might owe us one or two!!!

If I was a betting man though, I expect the "rules are rules" reply from the men in grey suits.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chester/5297898.stm

This is what Chester are doing!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 09:26:31 »

so what is the rule, i don't get it. we have to have 60% with the what and the what now?  :?
fatbury

« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 09:31:22 »

well offload some crap would be an answer? Pook? Wells?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 09:31:29 »

Only 60% of the clubs annual turnover can be spent on the wage bill. We are currently spending 60% thus not allowing more wages from our turnover to be spent.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 09:33:22 »

oh right....bugger.
DribblingSissy

« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 09:42:58 »

except it is based on last years figures for a predicted turnover.....however with gates no longer at 4,500 but 6,500+ then perhaps this is also a way in which we can seek some sort of special dispensation from the league as our circumstances have changed so dramatically, with Bill Power and the increased gates (which will continue to rise should we stay top and sign Paul Ince).....
If they hadnt already planned how to resolve it financially, I think the league will show some understanding on this one and accept either that we need a 12 month cooling period as MD requested or that they will accept a revised projected turnover (which would allow much more room for wages) based on our sudden change of circumstances.

I hope at least!......it is the men in suits though so there compassion for a previously struggling club making a push to resurrect themselves isnt likely to be great!!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 09:43:47 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chester/5297898.stm

This is what Chester are doing!
Good plan!  Cheesy
Hopefully will ead to a slightly easier game on Friday
rudeboydreas

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 09:44:02 »

So the answer is, stay away fans start turning up so the club gets more money, so our turnover increases so Paul Ince can play for us. Everybody wins then.

But they won't turn up until Ince signs (not that it's guaranteed they will), so he won't sign.

Its all a bit Bill and Ted. We need Eddie Van Halen.

img]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9228/diamandisal7.jpg[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: