Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1986959 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2265 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 11:55:03 »

Here we go again, not enough Black coaches in the game, personally I dont beleive there is an issue with race, it's just the white man either interviews better or has the better experience required.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29333826

Its not an issue or race or hostility to black managers....its an issue of ability.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2266 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 11:58:07 »

Are there any figures etc on the number of managerial job applications?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2267 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 12:01:44 »

The whole argument is completely backwards. Surely if you're denying a more competent guy who happens to be white a job because you want to seem PC, then that's racist??

It's frustrating to see it constantly being made into an issue when it isn't. If Jason Roberts or x other goes into an interview and chairman of x club throws a banana at him and says "piss off darky" then yeah I could understand it being a problem, but I can't imagine any club would deliberately overlook a black coach purely on the grounds he's black. Unless it was an Eastern European club... they probably would do that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2268 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 12:03:25 »

Are there any figures etc on the number of managerial job applications?

At many clubs managerial appointments, have always been a bit "old boy's" network. Therefore dodgy recruitment practices are inevitable....
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2269 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 12:05:39 »

Here we go again, not enough Black coaches in the game, personally I dont beleive there is an issue with race, it's just the white man either interviews better or has the better experience required.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29333826

I mean, it's not like outdated language and attitudes relating to race are present within the professional game at all these days is it?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #2270 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 19:12:20 »

The whole argument is completely backwards. Surely if you're denying a more competent guy who happens to be white a job because you want to seem PC, then that's racist??

It's frustrating to see it constantly being made into an issue when it isn't. If Jason Roberts or x other goes into an interview and chairman of x club throws a banana at him and says "piss off darky" then yeah I could understand it being a problem, but I can't imagine any club would deliberately overlook a black coach purely on the grounds he's black. Unless it was an Eastern European club... they probably would do that.

You first point might be if anyone in this debate was proposing that managerial or coaching jobs should be parcelled out according to some sort of quota. As no-one is it just makes you sound like a dick.

Something that is re-inforced by your breezy assertion that this isn't "an issue".  The statistics pretty fucking clearly show that it is. Hardly any chairman are getting the chance to racially abuse black applicants for coaching jobs at interview because they're just not inviting them to interview in the first place.

That's all anyone is asking for. An equivalent of the Rooney rule that operates pretty successfully in the NFL.

..never go back.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #2271 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 19:29:01 »

I'd like think no-one reads a paper application for a coaching/managerial position (or indeed any position anywhere) and then goes "I wonder if he's black?"before making their decision to invite them for interview or not. On the whole it's a case of people not having the right qualifications for the job/not enough experience.

Obviously with the stuff that came out after Mackay et al. this might be hoping too much.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #2272 on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 20:26:41 »

I don't buy it. Football club owners consistently show there is very little that anyone in football can do to make themselves unemployable (sexism, racism, prison sentences, fighting, drugs etc) if there is a chance that person can win them a few more points. Can't see someones skin colour making any difference when it comes to picking a manager, being able to speak English isn't even a requirement.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2273 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 08:53:08 »

Russell Slade is probably right to try and resign from Orient. You can't go from giving a man 'one game or else' to rejecting a clubs approach in a matter of weeks.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 08:54:41 by Costanza » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2274 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 09:00:38 »

You first point might be if anyone in this debate was proposing that managerial or coaching jobs should be parcelled out according to some sort of quota. As no-one is it just makes you sound like a dick.

Something that is re-inforced by your breezy assertion that this isn't "an issue".  The statistics pretty fucking clearly show that it is. Hardly any chairman are getting the chance to racially abuse black applicants for coaching jobs at interview because they're just not inviting them to interview in the first place.

That's all anyone is asking for. An equivalent of the Rooney rule that operates pretty successfully in the NFL.

Well point 1 has clearly and widely been discussed so no, it doesn't make me look like a dick.

You have nothing to prove that 1) they arent being invited or 2) it is anything to do with race. As has already been pointed out, we offered Ian Wright the job before it was given to Kmac. I struggle to believe that Chairman of football club are sitting there refusing to even talk to a manager because he's black.

I mean, even when black managers are sacked the card comes out. John Barnes played the race card whe he was fired from Tranmere despite the fact he was/is a terrible, terrible coach.

I'm all for justice, but when an issue is being created out of nothing it doesn't help anyone's cause. To encourage young black coaches, YES, give them the same encoruagement white coaches are given but when it comes to taking charge of a football club I just do not buy that black managers are overlooked simply on the grounds of race. Football clubs cant afford to be picky in this day and age, the right appointment is crucial.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2275 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 09:50:57 »

I'm with Tails on this one..

Venkman summed it up perfectly in one line..

Its not an issue or race or hostility to black managers....its an issue of ability.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #2276 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 10:10:59 »

Darko Milanic (Huh?) to Leeds all but done.

[HeadlinesYouWon'tSeeInTheNewspaper]Darko gets job as manager[/HeadlinesYouWon'tSeeInTheNewspaper]
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2277 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 10:19:27 »

Russell Slade is probably right to try and resign from Orient. You can't go from giving a man 'one game or else' to rejecting a clubs approach in a matter of weeks.

Aye the Orient are being a b it hypocritical there i think. Makes me laugh that their fans think they are going to be some sort of domination with all this money they are supposed to have.

Di Canio to end up being manager Cool
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2278 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 10:51:12 »

I'm with Tails on this one..

Venkman summed it up perfectly in one line..

Don't see how you can make, or agree with, such a sweeping statement unless you're a seasoned football insider. As an outsider, I've seen enough evidence of racist views at all levels of the game over the years to think it's entirely plausible that there are occasions where it's a factor in making an employment decision.

I think it's a bit worrying if some of you really believe it's all just bad losers whining. Things only started to change when people challenged attitudes. And to think that Venkman uses the Specials logo as an avatar...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2279 on: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 11:04:47 »

Don't see how you can make, or agree with, such a sweeping statement unless you're a seasoned football insider. As an outsider, I've seen enough evidence of racist views at all levels of the game over the years to think it's entirely plausible that there are occasions where it's a factor in making an employment decision.

I think it's a bit worrying if some of you really believe it's all just bad losers whining. Things only started to change when people challenged attitudes. And to think that Venkman uses the Specials logo as an avatar...
Ironic you say my post is racist.

If a man is good enough then he will get the job no matter what colour his skin.

As for the Specials....if you look closely at my avatar its fucking Laurel and Hardy you fucking cunt.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 25, 2014, 11:07:03 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: