Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Obscure XI  (Read 36058 times)
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:14:25 »

Does David Tuttle get included as our most obscure temporary boss (0 games)?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:25:56 »

Does David Tuttle get included as our most obscure temporary boss (0 games)?

A good shout, but from memory he was asked to do it and said he didn't want it.

I'm still sticking with Barry Hunter who was recruited by Adie Williams as assistant, did 2 games both defeats and disappeared.

I recall Tony Galvin, doing a game at the Hawthorns, where he spent the whole game kind of reclined on the dug out perspex, catching some rays.

PdC's boys at Tranny might take a bit of remembering....Picarretta was 1.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:32:41 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #107 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:30:59 »

I'm still amazed we were once in a position to pay £400,000 for Darren Bullock.

Even more amazing was that we offloaded him to Bury for £150,000 - and he got sent off in his first game!

How finances for everybody has changed
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:42:05 »

A good shout, but from memory he was asked to do it and said he didn't want it.

He intially said 'yes' and then the next day reneged, so I'd argue he counts.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11758/2393176/tuttle-rejects-caretaker-role
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:46:51 »

He intially said 'yes' and then the next day reneged, so I'd argue he counts.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11758/2393176/tuttle-rejects-caretaker-role

Tutts is in then....a dream ticket with Adie and Bazza.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 16:38:15 »

Hugh MaClean mid 70's

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 16:47:57 »

I remember a guy whom I played against several times when he played for Park in the Wilts combination, who signed for Town and played several times in the late 70's.Right winger Steve someone.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 17:15:46 »

I remember a guy whom I played against several times when he played for Park in the Wilts combination, who signed for Town and played several times in the late 70's.Right winger Steve someone.

Abberley.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 19:36:29 »

Right here's a good one, it's been bugging me since the thread came up....made a bit of progress but still not quite there.

Graham Oakey.  He never played a game, we signed him on loan from Coventry, around the turn of the decade 79 into 80, when we were going well in League and both cups so needed an extra body, now Oakey seemingly had been a decent player for Cov, got long term injured and was probably looking for some game time.

I've got a vague memory that he was on the bench perhaps v Wolves in the semi for the home game or maybe v Spurs in the 4th round....either way he never got on and so belongs in the Eddie Howe cupboard of non playing loan curios, don't think Eddie got as far as the bench mind.

Anybody help out with Oakey?
kerry red

« Reply #114 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 19:47:34 »

Another one from the same 79/80 season was Brendan Guest on loan from Lincoln
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 20:11:52 »

Right here's a good one, it's been bugging me since the thread came up....made a bit of progress but still not quite there.

Graham Oakey.  He never played a game, we signed him on loan from Coventry, around the turn of the decade 79 into 80, when we were going well in League and both cups so needed an extra body, now Oakey seemingly had been a decent player for Cov, got long term injured and was probably looking for some game time.

I've got a vague memory that he was on the bench perhaps v Wolves in the semi for the home game or maybe v Spurs in the 4th round....either way he never got on and so belongs in the Eddie Howe cupboard of non playing loan curios, don't think Eddie got as far as the bench mind.

Anybody help out with Oakey?

Saw both them but don't recall that name. Checked on wiki says his career finished 1977?
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 20:42:51 »

Goalkeeper Richard Key is an interesting one. It was as during the 84-85 season and Kenny Allen was cup-tied and deputy Scot Endersby effectively went on strike so Macari brought in Key on non-contract terms to play in goal in the League Cup against Sheffield Wednesday. Town were bottom tier at the time and Wednesday in the old 1st division.

Swindon won 1-0 and Key had a blinder - a real cup upset too. He played one more game, in the next round of the Cup I think, we lost 6-1 and he never played for us again.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 21:02:58 »

Abberley.
YES!

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 22:30:58 »

Another one from the same 79/80 season was Brendan Guest on loan from Lincoln

Ooh...that's a good name. Now you've mentioned it I remember the name, but nothing about the player...I doubt he got a game either.

In years to come people will no doubt consider Harry Agombar to be even more obscure than Milan Misun
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 03:33:07 »

YES!

Not quite. Abbley.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: