Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Third Test - Perth  (Read 8620 times)
Spud

« Reply #60 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 17:11:04 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
I know if i had a ticket to the next 2 Test's i'd just sell them and go out on the piss all day instead.

yeah because getting to see this australian team which is quite simply awesome, in two of the best stadiums in the world is such a trial

its sport, entertainment first, winning second

Oh yes because i would love to pay thousands to watch Australia beat us!

Entertainment first, winning second? now you're talking bollocks, i go to watch Swindon every week and we play bad and win so your statement goes right out the window there.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 19:04:29 »

well we were beaten by the better team. no complaints about that. Monty should have been picked from the start and you also wonder if Strauss should have been given the captaincy so that Freddie didn't have to much on his plate.
DMR

« Reply #62 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 19:19:34 »

Quote from: "strooood"
I know if i had a ticket to the next 2 Test's i'd just sell them and go out on the piss all day instead.

yeah because getting to see this australian team which is quite simply awesome, in two of the best stadiums in the world is such a trial

that's the most stupid thing you've ever said and there's been a few.

Cool
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, December 18, 2006, 23:31:17 »

Quote from: "Rich"
well we were beaten by the better team. no complaints about that. Monty should have been picked from the start and you also wonder if Strauss should have been given the captaincy so that Freddie didn't have to much on his plate.

i don't really know about jumping on the old "should've picked monty" bandwagon.
i agree he's an exciting prospect but he hasn't been on the international scene all that long and gilo of course did the business last year.

perhaps we would've done a bit better with him in from the start but if he had come in for the first test with all that pressure on him and fucked it he might never have been the same, much better to slap him in when we're 2-0 down and look well on the way to losing the series.

yes but he took 5 wickets! well the bloke who sent the first ball of the ashes to second slip also managed 4 in that innings.

officially blacker than the night.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2006, 00:25:34 »

Oh yes because i would love to pay thousands to watch Australia beat us!

Entertainment first, winning second? now you're talking bollocks, i go to watch Swindon every week and we play bad and win so your statement goes right out the window there.

whats the point in getting worried about something you have no control over

i mean im disappointed when england win at cricket or swindon at football but no more. its not my life its the eleven players on the field

and i didnt mean its all about entertainment and not about winning because if you can entertain and win then its the pinnacle in sport. what i meant is that its still easy to appreciate and enjoy watching australia play cricket even though its not the result i want because it is simply a pleasure watching people that talented and driven.

i suppose because swindon's footballers aren't talented and therefore cannot entertain it is all about results

fair enough when you yourself are involved it carries a heck of a lot more meaning because it is your life, your successes and failures decided in the main by your abilities and decision-making

im not saying im right because i know more people will disagree than agree, especially football fans, a lot of whom who base their lives around something they have no control over and those who have the control don't give a fuck about them on an individual level. however, i tend to think its a better perspective on sport.

plus it makes taking losing easier  Wink
STFC Village

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2006, 00:34:53 »

i mean im disappointed when england win at cricket or swindon at football
Shocked
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2006, 00:40:01 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
i mean im disappointed when england win at cricket or swindon at football