Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Queens Park Rangers v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29512 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 01:04:54 »

Great night.  Shaded the first half and deserved to be 1 up.  Ranger won everything in the air, he is like Zebedee.  Thought QPR got away with a lot of challenges, jumping in, leading to Smith getting injured.  The Ref was a homer, except for he didn't seem to like Charlie.

Have to say I thought the abuse of Charlie was OTT.  I know he has moved on and it is the norm, but after the goals he scored for us, and being a relatively local lad, I couldn't hand out the shit that was handed out tonight.  Would we treat Nathan Thompson the same if he moved on under the same circumstances?

To go against the majority, I thought Pritchard was poor, very lightweight and ineffective.  As much as his goal was a great relief, I can't say I agree with the quality of it, more down to perseverance than skill.  I was crying out for Storey to replace him instead of Ranger, we might as well have not had a striker on the pitch after Ranger went off, Storey is not able to play up front on his own and was lazy in tracking back, which at the time is what we needed.

Still, great result, and good to be there.  Thought Wes, Ward, Nathan and Ranger played well, and Luongo ran himself into the ground.

Thought the fans were good, except for the young knobs after that thought it would be clever to start singing on a full train whilst pounding on the roof. And then the four of them goading the one Arsenal fan on the train with our Arsenal Cup Final song.  Stick to the Fanta boys...
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 01:09:11 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 07:06:10 »

We're going to get absolutely twatted tonight. 5 - 0 at least.

Dr Chang eat your heart out!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 07:21:50 »

Well that wasn't bad. Played better football than a strong QPR side boasting internationals for at least an hour.

Did drop deeper and came under pressure once Ranger came off, but he looked fucked and hardly a shock he couldn't play 180 minutes in 4 days yet.

All in all pleasing to see quality, work rate and the right tactical and personnel decisions being made. What more can you ask for really?

Obviously won't be like this every week but should give them confidence, and it's nice to know how good we can be when it clicks.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 08:17:14 »

I was driving back from a week in Edinburgh so didnt get to hear it but was getting txt updates, wasn't too sure when I got a txt saying Ranger 1-0 whether they missed the letter 's' off the end Smiley .

Fantastic result though and very proud of them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 08:31:07 »

Superb evening, will post more about the match in a bit..but I hope that shuts up the 'midtable will be a great season brigade'. That showed what this side can be capable of and there are more signings to come.

My man of the match, Kasim, I have found him hit or miss so far but he was superb last night. Likewise Grant Hall.
Forza_Swindon

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 08:49:25 »

Extremely pleased that my usual trick of totally avoiding away game commentary worked! (had Soccer Saturday on for Shrews game, maybe I'd best give that up too...?)

Think I'd like a similar level opponent but at home in the next round - reasonably exciting but not totally unrealistic in terms of winning it...
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 08:51:22 »

Great result....hopefully this will arrest some of the negative shit that has been written on here recently. Slight problem that there is not much strength in depth in our squad so I am sure there will be ample opportunity for the negative types to return.

Keep the faith in the Red Army. Pint

Bathtime
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 09:48:37 »

Great result....hopefully this will arrest some of the negative shit that has been written on here recently. Slight problem that there is not much strength in depth in our squad so I am sure there will be ample opportunity for the negative types to return.

Why not just enjoy a decent win for a few days...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 09:53:07 »

Why not just enjoy a decent win for a few days...
Quite so. We were great, enjoy it, not everything needs to be turned into a "Yah boo sucks, see told you so".
Have to say I thought the abuse of Charlie was OTT.  I know he has moved on and it is the norm, but after the goals he scored for us, and being a relatively local lad, I couldn't hand out the shit that was handed out tonight.  Would we treat Nathan Thompson the same if he moved on under the same circumstances?
May have been where you were, but all I heard was "Charlie, Charlie what's the score?" (and once slightly amended to "Charlie, where do you score?" Smiley ) which seemed fairly reasonable/tame to me tbh. If there was more than that then I'd agree, no need for it. Always find it a bit embarrassing when we do that tbh, it's like the jilted ex who can't move on, just makes you look petty.

Anyway, I like playing Charlie in the 2nd round of the League Cup - pretty much a bye!
corner

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 10:16:23 »

Ball no,20 in the next round draw tonight.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 10:19:12 »

Just watched the highlights on STFC player.  The bbc text feed last night said that QPR had a clear penalty turned down.  Yep, apart from the fact that he clearly took the ball.

Its all very promising at the moment apart from the lack of depth to our squad.  An injury to central defence or striker and we're a bit fucked.  Hope this gets sorted.

Never knowingly overstated.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 10:27:27 »

That dive from their left back was embarrassing too, good to see the ref spotted it.

It was hilarious when Austin scored, it took the QPR fans a good minute to realise it was disallowed  Smiley
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 10:33:45 »

Are the highlights online anywhere? Having trouble logging on to player.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 10:33:50 »

That dive from their left back was embarrassing too, good to see the ref spotted it.

It was hilarious when Austin scored, it took the QPR fans a good minute to realise it was disallowed 

And me  Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 10:36:14 »

And me  Smiley
And the commentator despite Ling repeatedly saying "offside" to him
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: