Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Douglas to stay?  (Read 40794 times)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 12:58:27 »

He's gone to Brentford for more money. That and maybe because he didn't like the way Di Canio criticised him publicly.

Totally gutted if i'm honest.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:04:43 by mrverve » Logged
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:01:21 »

I honestly never felt he'd stay after all his pals left and I don't expect the comments around the captaincy in recent days helped the situation.

Yes, we wanted a bit of a clearout, but not the full starting 11?  On paper I see no improvement in ability or experience in any the players that has been brought in and am getting bored of the stories about players falling through.  The likelihood of us attracting someone who we are likely to get excited about are diminishing by the day.

I'm totally and utterly pissed off at the moment.  Quite frankly, I'm expecting news of further departures.  Caddis and Ritchie will be next.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:05:50 »

DOOMED.

WE'RE DOOMED.

THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:09:35 »

DOOMED.

WE'RE DOOMED.

THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH.

Clever
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:13:07 »

Those gutted about Dougie leaving - give me one good reason, from his point of view, why he would want to stay at a relegated club in which his pals have left and he's likely to be stripped of the captaincy? Why on earth could you be pissed off with him or the club? So he said a few weeks back he was gonna stay, that was before a better situation came along... we've had this chat so many times, but imagine you got offered a better job, you'd turn it down would you? No.

Those mortified by us not bringing in the same quality of players we're releasing... have a word with yourselves. We've dropped a division?! There is a salary cap...

Those worried we only have a 5-a-side team, since when did the season start in July?

Yes we might be shit this season, time will tell, but to be so angry at this stage when a) we haven't even finished our transfer dealings and b) haven't kicked a ball yet... just seems odd to me.

Why the anger? not having a go, just interested to know why?

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:17:28 »

Clever
I was aiming more for sarcastic.

We better get a move on though. The transfer window closes in 2 days.

Oh wait!!!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:19:44 »

Juddie, i'm gutted that Douglas is leaving because I happen to find him to be a fantastic player. Regardless of what happened last season he was still the sort of player that this club was crying out for before he came. He lost a few fans last season because of his and the teams performances and as captain didn't perform as well as he could have.

However with a fresh start I honestly believed he could have recaptured the form of two seasons ago. It's a shame that it won't be for us.

From his point of view I've voiced my opinion on why I think he left a few posts up.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:25:03 »

Those gutted about Dougie leaving - give me one good reason, from his point of view, why he would want to stay at a relegated club in which his pals have left and he's likely to be stripped of the captaincy? Why on earth could you be pissed off with him or the club? So he said a few weeks back he was gonna stay, that was before a better situation came along... we've had this chat so many times, but imagine you got offered a better job, you'd turn it down would you? No.

Those mortified by us not bringing in the same quality of players we're releasing... have a word with yourselves. We've dropped a division?! There is a salary cap...

Those worried we only have a 5-a-side team, since when did the season start in July?

Yes we might be shit this season, time will tell, but to be so angry at this stage when a) we haven't even finished our transfer dealings and b) haven't kicked a ball yet... just seems odd to me.

Why the anger? not having a go, just interested to know why?

I seem to do this alot but the following links are why people may just be getting pissed off lately

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/leagueone/news_articles/9103751.Getting_a_Brazilian/?ref=mr

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/leagueone/news_articles/9108464.Brazilian_striker_negotiations_stall/?ref=mr

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/leagueone/news_articles/9103848.Di_Canio_believes_he_can_get_the_most_out_of_Douglas/

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/leagueone/news_articles/9109357.Douglas_to_join_Brentford/?ref=mr

Also

Jeremy Wray thinks Swindon fans will be "very excited" over one of Di Canio's signings

What i am saying is when will the club shut the fuck up? It's like they are pandering to the fans crying out for news and just blurting any old shit out
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:28:15 »

To be fair DRS, people would be freaking out even more if they said nothing at all.

STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:29:14 »

Well he should be at home in Brentford at least- a pub on each corner!
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:33:06 »

mrverve.
Fair dos. I agree with you he's a fantastic player and I'm gutted he's gone because he was my favourite player in recent years, I just found it odd people were so gutted he was going yet slated Knight at the same time. Hopefully his wages free up some considerable money for use elsewhere.
Lot of activity to come.

DRS
Do we know the brazilian isn't signing? Did di Canio know Douglas was leaving when he said that?

Things change every day, always have and always will. And if the club say nothing they always get hammered for being quiet. We'll sign some targets and we'll lose others. That's just the way it is.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:33:06 »

I'm becoming more and more worried every day.

Jeremy Wray has promised alot but delivered fuck all so far.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:33:54 »

Jeremy Wray has promised alot but delivered fuck all so far.
[/quote]

Worry is the situation is still the same in August. Lot of transfer dealings to be done yet fella.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:35:47 »

A lot of players are still on holiday.

For all we know there are contracts already drawn up waiting for signatures.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 13:37:20 »

mrverve.
Fair dos. I agree with you he's a fantastic player and I'm gutted he's gone because he was my favourite player in recent years, I just found it odd people were so gutted he was going yet slated Knight at the same time. Hopefully his wages free up some considerable money for use elsewhere.
Lot of activity to come.

DRS
Do we know the brazilian isn't signing? Did di Canio know Douglas was leaving when he said that?

Things change every day, always have and always will. And if the club say nothing they always get hammered for being quiet. We'll sign some targets and we'll lose others. That's just the way it is.

You're being far too level headed and reasonable, we want and demand to moan without being bought down to earth. I'm off to put some Smiths on to get my mood back to black Wink
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: