Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 109102 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 08:44:16 »

Most of the club news during the season is total crap based of about three lines of boring nothing dialog from a player/manager...which is fluffed out into a non story anyway.

I'll be honest this time of the season I'd have liked to have seen more news on signings but as we haven't really made any....

Although....a simple we have had no bid for Cooper would have been good. Still convinced it was tans style bullshit Internet lie that spawned into a story that ran because we didn't deny it...not quotes at all....
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #106 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 08:50:47 »

There must be something to moan about if DV is making an appearance.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 08:52:56 »

FWIW - very little I suspect - I think this is a complex issue.  I don't disagree with anyone who says that this is a bit of a PR mess, coming on top of the freezing out of the Adver, with no proper explanation.  However, the uncontrollability of 'news' (gossip, rumour, plain lies) in these days of endless and growing mass media, in which anyone can say anything - and be believed - without much fear of retribution, makes the whole press management issue a very big one for a football club, which is both a business, in which confidentiality and sensitivity in dealings, whether over sponsorship or buying and selling players or anything else, is really important, and also a 'community asset' which both prompts and relies on the fervour of its customers.

For example, I have no idea who let out the news that we had bid for the Shrewsbury CB.  I have no idea whether it was a realistic bid or not.  I have no idea whether, had it remained confidential, there might have been a chance to go back with a new bid.  But any potential deal was scuppered, or at least complicated by forcing the Shrewsbury CEO to come out and make a stupid statement, which creates bad feeling between clubs and potentially does great damage to our preparations for the new season.  The same can be said for whoever started the rumour that MC was being chased by Sheffield Wednesday.  We all then get on the back of the club(s), and more ill-feeling is born....

This heavy-handed management of the media is a culture change affecting everyone in the modern era...the mysterious thing is it doesn't seem to improve anything much.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 08:56:46 »

There must be something to moan about if DV is making an appearance.

....I'd personally go with not enough players to put out a full match day squad yet but ho hum...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 09:12:25 »

rbw- I think Shrewsbury would have leaked it their end anyway, they seem to hate us
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 11:44:29 »

Minor eg: my old man, a season ticket holder, gets his Town news from the print version of the Adver. He's not seen any info about ticket prices, kick-off times, pay on the day etc for the home pre-season games. Obviously not a meltdown situation, but irritating.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 11:45:16 »

Statement friday this afternoon
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 11:48:49 »

Ah, bless 'im, maybe he does know all about Swindon traditions after all.

Never knowingly overstated.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 12:16:27 »

Statement friday this afternoon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33477311

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 16:04:03 »

The amount of stories on the Official Site has rocketed today, quite a few with players and one with Cooper (and the one announcing the signing).

Maybe they are listening. This is what people wanted right? The boring pre season jargon?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 16:08:35 »

yes it's absolutely spot on today.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 16:10:24 »

Ta dah!

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-2539363.aspx
Skinny Pete

« Reply #117 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 16:13:24 »

Nothing about fanzai - good.

About players and very much 'as you were' regarding objectives.

Sign a few more and roll on Bradford!

And it appears TEF have disclosed the statement first!
« Last Edit: Friday, July 10, 2015, 16:15:04 by Skinny Pete » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 16:15:22 »

Basically, can you please all shut the fuck up, I've got this.
Flashheart

« Reply #119 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 16:16:38 »

Basically, can you please all shut the fuck up, I've got this.

Pretty much this.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: