Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Peterborough United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33361 times)
Mr.Abbott

« Reply #225 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 22:56:47 »

To be honest that pales into insignificance compared to hid 90 degree run up. Just smash the cunting thing.

Fair point. Short run ups are never the answer.
Flashheart

« Reply #226 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 22:56:59 »

They are, and I maintain we were the better team over the two legs, not that it matters.

You're normally balanced. Did you watch the game, was it a pen in your opinion? Looked stonewall to me from my South Stand seat but we were quite far away.

I did watch the game, yes.

Stonewall penalty PLUS a red card for a professional foul. The Posh chairman was a pundit and even he agreed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 22:58:06 »

Miles Storey has suddenly become the best thing since sliced bread. A lad who has scored an astonishing 4 career goals. I do find this strange.

I think he desrved more of a chance. El Gabbas was shit, Barker had a poor game then went AWOL. Yet Storey was given little game time to prove/dissprove himself.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 22:58:18 »

Shit cunt ahhhhhhh!!!! I'm gutted, my prediction of mid-table/JPT winners just gone up in smoke! Managed to get back for the game having left my appointment in Lancaster at 3.15, so getting back was an effort in itself.

Where's Luongo gone? Missing in action - please return when found!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 22:58:43 »

He was used quite a lot at the start of the season wasn't he?

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 22:58:58 »

N'Guessans legs fell off after 70, and with a lack of options up front Coooper deployed the King tactics and put a big man up top. Didn't really work but we did rally after their goal.
N'Guessan was knackered because he was expected to play the whole of the second half running round on his own up front as we tried to defend a 1-0 lead. I know we lacked options to sub him, but I really didn't see what was wrong with leaving it as we had been in the first half (with apologies if that's been explained elsewhere)

Penalties are a lottery as we know.
No they're not. They're a skill that can be practiced like any other. Only the English think they're a lottery so we don't practice them nearly enough and then we're suprised when we're shit at them (and yes I know our two misses tonight were not English, but it's the general attitude in the English game I'm talking about). It really shouldn't be asking too much for 5 professional footballers to be able to get a shot on target from 12 yards out.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 22:59:38 »

I did watch the game, yes.

Stonewall penalty PLUS a red card for a professional foul. The Posh chairman was a pundit and even he agreed.

Bloody hell, was hoping you'd say 50/50. This makes me even more pissed off. Stroud was fucking shit at as a ref. He gave a free kick for winning a slide tackle FFS.
Dozno9

« Reply #232 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 22:59:57 »

Peppered with the odd mention of Kayden Jackson.
DMR

« Reply #233 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 23:00:14 »

I think he desrved more of a chance. El Gabbas was shit, Barker had a poor game then went AWOL. Yet Storey was given little game time to prove/dissprove himself.

Personally I thought he disproved himself last season when he was found wanting in the run in, and the playoffs - never threatened to turn a game.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 23:00:57 »

I am with Gnasher as I had that horrible feeling that playing last Friday's game would backfire on us and so it has proved. A fit Ranger and Thompson's ability down the right would have given us a far better balanced team but we went with what we had and it nearly paid off.

Not sure what Murphy or Reis add to the team, would much have preferred Storey but................

One again the Refereeing was abysmal as so many games this season, not helped by assistants who were bordering on inept as well.

Unfortunately what we are left with now are play off hopes at the best - just need some luck and points away from home as well as the CG.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #235 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 23:01:17 »

I feel a bit sorry for the Flash. His piss let him down and mislead him.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 23:01:49 »

Two English sides Pauld,  but it's my side that failed again  Sad
I will now use my Wembley money to go to bristhole and hopefully see us helping towards the return of a bristol derby  Wink
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 23:02:43 »

I thought we were very good, excellent in the first half - Thompson, Pritchard, N'Guessen particularly and Byrne were all superb. Branco is a bit wild, but only Luongo disappointed me. He was presumably asked to play the point of a diamond in midfield but largely ambled around doing very little and devoid of effort. He did improve in the second half.

Penalties are a lottery as we know. Fods nearly had one, and one hit the underside of the bar. A couple of inches is what stopped them missing 2 more and us going to Wembley. Luongo went for it and blazed over, but Tigane needs the mother off all kicks in the bollocks for the way he took his. Fucking pathetic. He deserves to feel bad for trying the stupid.

Very good performance, and I will no doubt break the TEF record for "fuck offs" but in my opinion our season is over.

Luongo's penalty pretty much summed up his performance over recent weeks -shite.  He's gone backwards as the season has progressed.

Reis didn't look like scoring from the second he put the ball on the spot.

I'm with you in thinking that our season pretty much ended tonight.

Also, N'Guessan ran his socks off tonight.  He was completely isolated up front in the second half.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 23:04:04 »

Our fitness in general is shocking. After 70 mins the whole team was struggling. Been a big problem since Christmas and our form has dipped in line with it.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #239 on: Monday, February 17, 2014, 23:04:13 »

Two English sides Pauld,  but it's my side that failed again  Sad
I will now use my Wembley money to go to bristhole and hopefully see us helping towards the return of a bristol derby  Wink
Yep, will have a good day out in Slave Trade Central now - will push the boat out a bit.
Wembley would have cost me around £200 so that covers most of the ST.  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: