Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Anyone Else Feeling Meh About The Forthcoming Season....  (Read 19172 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 19:06:49 »

See you in there on the 8th I hope Mr Ardiles.

Oh yes.

And we're certs for Sep 19th as well.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 20:10:03 »

I genuinely can't wait for the football season to start.. But then again I hide myself away from football the moment my own footie season finishes, as well as Town's, so.... Food for thought, y'all!

STFC

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 20:15:22 »

Who is Meh?
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 20:17:23 »

I feel meh every season but at least i don't actually have to go this season!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 20:31:41 »

I temper my excitement every pre-season as I'm still getting over the summer of 2000.

Raft of what I thought were excellent signings, what I thought was an excellent new manager in Todd, convinced we were going straight back up. Couldn't beat Col U first game and it didn't get any better from there.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 20:39:58 »

I temper my excitement every pre-season as I'm still getting over the summer of 2000.

Raft of what I thought were excellent signings, what I thought was an excellent new manager in Todd, convinced we were going straight back up. Couldn't beat Col U first game and it didn't get any better from there.
A little bit like the Tony Thorpe and Jamie Cureton era.... Everybody had high hopes, but it soon turned to shit... I'm so happy we have the set up we have these days; those were really fucking shit days.... And that team in 05-06...  Suicide

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 20:46:49 »

And we had a fairly good pre-season that year didn't we? Wasn't it a narrow loss to the Hammers, and a draw/win v Saints.

T*dd, what a wanker. Stitched us up with dodgy agent signings then fooked off. Probably the worst manager in the time I've supported Town - and that time includes McMahon and Malpas.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 20:50:57 »

A little bit like the Tony Thorpe and Jamie Cureton era.... Everybody had high hopes, but it soon turned to shit... I'm so happy we have the set up we have these days; those were really fucking shit days.... And that team in 05-06...  Suicide

The Cureton/Thorpe era, might seem like shit, but at least we still had regular AGM's, and open days pre season.  I remember there being an open training session at the CG, and watched Cureton and Thorpe bitching with King, clearly they had no respect for the bloke and looked distinctly big time Charlie....I thought we might be in shit after watching that.

In fact watching a bit of pre-season training was always instructive, in a way that friendlies aren't. Unfortunately, now out at Calne makes it a bit difficult.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 20:57:11 »

I'm personally not all too worried about AGM's and the like personally, Reg, but I see what you mean - but that whole set up, right from the team to the management and to the board room staff, gives me nightmares.. I am so thankful for where we are today and what we have.
As for the open days, mind - I did enjoy the open day for Di Canio's first season; that was a gooden.

DRS

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 06:19:17 »

I'm looking forward to it, i can't wait until january when we are in the top 2 and every says how well we are doing considering we were likely to get relegated etc.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 07:05:48 »

Wembley really hurt me and then I felt that the club made me feel I was lucky to be there.

Got an ST but wish I hadn't in some ways.

Very concerned about this season but my love runs deep, so I'm hoping someone will be ramming this post down my throat in April/May time.....

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 07:51:59 »

Football, in general to me has felt flat since Paul Hart stepped foot in Town.
I missed more games under his management than I had the previous 10 years - been to two games since.

It's the lack progression and ambition I don't like (please don't get me wrong....I understand why our business philosophies are what they are) but we are exactly where we were 10 years ago. Same ground, same division with fixtures against the same teams we've played for years and years now.

We've bottled every chance we've had to get out of this division (upwards!) and we've not backed ourselves (like say Bournemouth did - look at them now) Di Canio would have done it, say what you like about him but he had that drive, determination and passion that gets you places -  we as a club have fuck all of that.

I know we've had our dark days and we're lucky to still have a club but the whole 'just happy to be here' mantra is weak and small time.

Football as a whole....
I don't like how short termist it has become. Managers don't get given enough time, players don't stay at clubs long enough, youth players pick money over football. The rich get richer.
We can never put a foundation in place (playing side) to build on, we will always have to rebuild year on year - don't think that gets you anywhere either.

Lastly, it's been done over this forum before but fuck the notion that football is about entertainment!
Maybe it is to Johnny Armchair fan but I don't give a fuck. Win, it's a sport, fucking win - if that means ugly hoofball to a donkey of a target man who falls on his arse as his flick on gets to his strike partner who scores for a 1-0 win - then brilliant! Happy days - I'll take 25+ of those a season.

So yeah, don't enjoy it anymore - no passion for it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 08:24:21 »

Lastly, it's been done over this forum before but fuck the notion that football is about entertainment!
Maybe it is to Johnny Armchair fan but I don't give a fuck. Win, it's a sport, fucking win - if that means ugly hoofball to a donkey of a target man who falls on his arse as his flick on gets to his strike partner who scores for a 1-0 win - then brilliant! Happy days - I'll take 25+ of those a season.
Johnny Armchair fan? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's you isn't it? Didn't you stop going when Di Canio stropped off?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 08:31:15 »

Not really.....no, I don't claim to support from my arm chair....hell, I don't even really claim to support any more full stop. Plus 500+ games tells a different story.

I said I've been twice since Paul Hart took us down.

I went to as many games under KMac as I did Di Canio.....
Skinny Pete

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 08:46:10 »

Here's a thought . . .

Get to an actual game again, it's more often than not an enjoyable few hours.

Stop thinking of it as a tiny part of some overall scheme and treat it for what it is - 90 minutes of fun
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: