Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Not Going To Wembley Thread  (Read 31489 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 08:21:17 »

Quote from: quinnismyhero

I've fallen out of love with footie in general...
[/quote

Are you now a franchise customer?
Flashheart

« Reply #91 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 08:35:59 »

Well the good news is that some friends and I have had to change venue of drinking establishment because the kick-off times are rather late out here, meaning our normal venue will be closed shortly after kick-off.

This is good news because it means a change from the venue in which we witnessed the last 2 Wembley outings. It's an omen I tell thee.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #92 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 08:52:29 »

Take a flask of Mrs FH's stew, just in case.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 08:54:53 »

Take a flask of Mrs FH's stew, just in case.

And don't forget to pee regularly.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #94 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 08:55:04 »

Now there's an idea....
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 09:09:36 »

I'm wearing my lucky STFC socks to Wembley. I wore them during both semi-final games. I'm not saying it's 100% down to me that we got through, but, you're welcome.
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 09:14:48 »

Quote from: quinnismyhero

I've fallen out of love with footie in general...

Are you now a franchise customer?
[/quote

No
kerry red

« Reply #97 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 09:29:00 »

Well the good news is that some friends and I have had to change venue of drinking establishment because the kick-off times are rather late out here, meaning our normal venue will be closed shortly after kick-off.

This is good news because it means a change from the venue in which we witnessed the last 2 Wembley outings. It's an omen I tell thee.
How will you be getting the game? Is there a stream available?

I'm in Kefalonia on Sunday and am struggling to find a bar with Sky
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 09:34:01 »

Hi all...hope everyone is keeping well.
Will not be going....off to Wentworth to watch the golf
Missed a lot of matches this season and just can't get into it like I used to
Really do think it is an age thing
That said I think Cooper and Co deserve a lot of credit for what they have achieved
Something still missing for me...what it is I don't know
Home matches I have attended have been very flat crowd wise.
Anyhow hope the people who go have a great day...and we get the result

All the best to you all.
Great post Lee, sums up a lot of my feelings, apart from the missed a lot of matches!!  I only missed one home game - and you can all guess which one that was!!  Couldn't get out of it I am afraid but son was texting me during the game - think the vicar did a double take when I let out a little whoop when a player was sent off in the second minute!!  Sometimes it has been a bit of a struggle on a cold wet night to get out of my chair to go to footy but I've done it!!  Although we do play some lovely attacking footy the tippy-tappy from the back has pissed a lot of people off - the no atmosphere bit is totally true anyway!!  You look at the Town End - where the real noisy support is - at 2-45 and it is usually almost empty, in my days - many moons ago - in the TE the place would be rocking from 2-30 onwards, that built the atmosphere around the ground!  I was one of those who said "NON" to Wembley, hate the new Wembley and our well-documented experiences there really put me off going this time, however with one arm up my back I was persuaded I was going again this time!!  And the good news is the tickets arrived today!!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 09:58:44 »

How will you be getting the game? Is there a stream available?

I'm in Kefalonia on Sunday and am struggling to find a bar with Sky

A truly beautiful island but no idea where you'll be able to watch the match. 

You could, like Odysseus from neighbouring Ithaca, leave your wife in situ and set sail on a brave mission to find and destroy PNE Thor, perhaps heading for the much livelier island of Zante to the south and hope that your return journey is a little easier than Odysseus's to his (20 year) long suffering wife, Penny.

Alternatively, you may have to settle for wandering down to the airport on the Tuesday and see if they have a copy of the Daily Express or something and ferret through the paper hunting for the score.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 10:00:27 »

I remember the days of having to wait two days to read the result when on holiday!
kerry red

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 10:08:52 »

I remember going to Florida in the 90s and had to phone home to find out we had been beaten 2-3 at home to Pompey.

Bummer!

Will Sky Go work on my tablet in Kefalonia?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 10:11:02 »

Perhaps you should spend the time finding a horse brass seller in kefalonia. We haven't forgotten  Smiley
kerry red

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 10:14:30 »

Oh fuck!
arkellsboi

« Reply #104 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 10:14:37 »

the no atmosphere bit is totally true anyway!!  You look at the Town End - where the real noisy support is - at 2-45 and it is usually almost empty, in my days - many moons ago - in the TE the place would be rocking from 2-30 onwards, that built the atmosphere around the ground!

It has to be put down mostly to the fact that - a couple of fourth-division promotions aside - we just haven't done anything for years. So close on several occasions, but never quite there. There's a generation of Town fans (or potential Town fans) who haven't experienced anything like the successes of past days. Add to this inflated ticket prices, as well as the modern ubiquity of the Premier League and its foreign counterparts on TV, and it's little wonder people have become disinterested.

Let's just hope Sunday is the start of a revival...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: