Poll
Question: Who will/did you vote for in the general election?  (Voting closed: Monday, May 10, 2010, 10:23:36)
Conservatives - 28 (24.1%)
Labour - 22 (19%)
Lib-Dems - 40 (34.5%)
UKIP - 6 (5.2%)
BNP - 6 (5.2%)
Greens - 5 (4.3%)
Other - 9 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 90

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who will/did you vote for on 6th May General Election  (Read 42171 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 21:12:47 »

UKIP - can any supporter tell me why the party hates the EU but seems to think poodle like subservience at great financial and human cost to the US - completely unelected - is not on a par?

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 21:13:13 »

UKIP - can any supporter tell me why the party hates the EU but seems to think poodle like subservience at great financial and human cost to the US - completely unelected - is not on a par?

They're not French.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 21:24:18 »

After a lot of soul-searching, I'm voting Labour.

For every mistake, there have been new hospitals, new schools and new jobs.  For every war, a genuine intent to create a fairer country.  For every Gordon Brown, a million people who still believe in a socially progressive society - hence the sudden, mass attraction to a shiny, new Nick Clegg.  But scratch beneath the veneer of the Lib Dems and there's nothing there just yet.

As many of us in his constituency know, Cameron would be a disaster.  That a man so vapid, so desperate to please, so fucking punchable, so lacking in principles, vision and experience should be remotely close to becoming PM is an indictment of politicians of all parties, and the level of political debate in this country.  Don't do it.

And although I might moan about it, I quite like having a job.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 21:31:10 »

As many of us in his constituency know, Cameron would be a disaster.  That a man so vapid, so desperate to please, so fucking punchable, so lacking in principles, vision and experience should be remotely close to becoming PM is an indictment of politicians of all parties, and the level of political debate in this country.  Don't do it.
indeed

witney is hardly brimming with positivity, the marriots walk development has had little impact and aside from providing a cinema and a few dozen jobs, it doesn't contribute much. there is very little work around here, certainly compared to where i've been looking for jobs in west midlands in recent weeks... i really didn't realise just how few jobs there are here.

most of the candidates around here are a joke, it'll be an easy seat for cameron again
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 21:34:57 »

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 21:39:31 »

They're just wafting soundbites around and trying to look nice on telly. Their actual policies seem to largely consist of not being the other lot

This is my major issue with politics. In a way I'd quite like it to be a hung parliament to teach them how to grow some testicles and fight for what they really believe.

On another note, has Obama changed the world yet? Thought not.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 21:54:19 »

Handily missing the first 30 seconds of that video where he was physically prevented from going about his lawful occassions and SPAT at by by one of the "Asian kids"

Then you who posted the vidoe and it all makes sense. Good job that BBC London showed the spitting incident on the 1830 news programme eh? Wouldn't want anyone to fall for this sort of propoganda now would we!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/england/8663681.stm

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 22:02:26 »

Independent for me. The 'Big Three' can fuck right off.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 22:03:04 »

haha, i hadn't seen that full video. it was rather "cunningly" edited.

however it does make brown's biogted woman comment seem rather tame Cheesy
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 22:19:29 »

I don't think I'll bother, or maybe Labour but only to avoid a Conservative win.  I'd probably vote lib if they were close to Labour to try and push the hung parliament idea - it's about time the whole system was changed.

Interesting that Brown needs to resign as PM and then provide his recommendation to the Queen on who should replace him.  If the Conservative's fail to get even a workable minority government in place, it's pretty unlikely Brown would offer up Cameron as PM, so that's only going to happen with an overall majority.  More likely is either a change in Labour leader and a return to the polls or a Lib/Lab deal with some new chap in charge for a bit while proportional rep is put in place.  I quite liked that Johnson chap if we have to have a Labour PM, or maybe they could go the modern route and have a job share - Labour get Monday to Wednesday and Libs get Thursday and Friday.

Ultimately I think big business runs this country now anyway so my purchasing habits have more influence in the real decisions.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 06:05:14 »

I don't think I'll bother, or maybe Labour but only to avoid a Conservative win.  I'd probably vote lib if they were close to Labour to try and push the hung parliament idea - it's about time the whole system was changed.

All the more reason to vote for some one whether it's Independent, Green or the Legalise Cannabis Party - whoever you've got in your constituency.
dell boy

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 06:10:51 »

I still believe a big Conservative vote will give Cameron a small majority on the day.

But at the end of the day we need a change of government, Labour in the early Blair days was a breath of fresh air after so many years of spin from the Conservative. It stinks like hell now and we have to change, and at least give a bit of confidence in the country.

A hung parliament with Labour still having any input into running this country will be disaster. Thank God I wont live here in three or four years time.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 06:15:16 »

Im going to decide at the polling station Shocked

/
W56196272
dell boy

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 06:21:46 »

I think it is going to be a larger than normal turn out to vote at this election.
That is why I believe the Conservatives will receive a hell of lot more votes than the opinion polls are showing at the moment.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 06:28:18 »

Holy fuck!

http://yfrog.com/jncm8hj
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: