Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise is scary  (Read 6488 times)
Piemonte

« on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 09:43:07 »

DENNIS Wise admits he is anxious to add to his midfield options and hopes a melting mobile will pay dividends in sizzling Ibiza.

The manager appears content with his goalkeeper, his back four and his numerous strikers.

And although an extra central defender is now required following Sean O’Hanlon’s surprise move to Franchise, ‘the engine room’ seems to be the one area where Wise has yet to sleep comfortably.

Andy Monkhouse has featured prominently on the left, Ricky Shakes on the right but the biggest question marks hover over the central slots, an area where the manager could play himself of course.

He said: “The midfield is important. I am looking for someone in the midfield but also at the back.

“Obviously the phone is with me and you can see it’s getting plenty of use.

“I am comfortable with the strikers’ situation at the moment though.

“Obviously if you go through the season and none of them are scoring then you have to bring someone in. But at the moment they’re looking strong and scoring goals.”

After arriving at their Ibiza base in the early hours of yesterday morning, the players enjoyed a relaxing morning beside the pool, a spot of lunch and a game of cards.

However, if the squad were expecting their first day to be a completely relaxing one, they received a shock to the system around tea time.

As he headed to the San Antonio stadium for the first training session, Wise said: “They don’t realise what’s coming to them. They’ll have a big blow. I know we’ve a game Tuesday night but it’s all about getting fit. They’ll be tired.

“They will be 200 metre runs, 20 of them to be precise. And when they think they’re finished, they’ll run again.

“We’re not here on some kind of jolly up or social function.”

20 x 200m sprints in that heat :shock:
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 09:48:52 »

I think I love Dennis already, not in a gay way you understand.  Our players must think they're at boot camp, which is exactly what they deserve after last year's performance, no wonder Sean o and Aaron Cuntboy Brown have left.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 09:50:49 »

surprised nicholas is still here, i guessed he would be the first to flake

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Piemonte

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 09:53:20 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I think I love Dennis already, not in a gay way you understand.  Our players must think they're at boot camp, which is exactly what they deserve after last year's performance, no wonder Sean o and Aaron Cuntboy Brown have left.

I know what you mean. I dont envy them in the slightest but its ace that someone has got a grip on the players and is making them uber-proffesional

I just hope they can still run by the start of the season Cheesy
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 09:56:18 »

Nicholas is naturally fit though isn't he.  isn't he the one that does well on the bleep test thingy?  Some people just have that knack of remaining very fit regardless of their lifestyle!!!!  i don't think his shit performances last season (and he did have some good spells as well) had anything to do with fitness, more complete lack of confidence at times.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 09:56:58 »

Dennis wise is what this club needed.  Sorting us out from top to bottom!

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 10:01:04 »

“They don’t realise what’s coming to them....

...200 metre runs, 20 of them to be precise. And when they think they’re finished, they’ll run again.

“We’re not here on some kind of jolly up or social function.”

LOVE IT!!!!!!

It reminds of the Macari boot camps (and I it didn't do them any harm did it?)

I know it's early days and all that but I am starting to think that Mr Wise is the manager this club has been crying out for, for years Cool
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 10:42:53 »

LOVE IT!!!!!!

Yes
Exactly what i've wanted us to do for a while.Work them hard,they are professional athletes after all!

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
sonic youth

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 11:20:33 »

fucking superb news, fitness is vital if we're to get out of this god forsaken league
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 11:37:36 »

Just been speaking to a colleague who knows one of the "Football in the community" blokes, he says he's never seen anything like it, reckons the lads are being put through their paces like never before.  But he also says the lads love it, which is the best news.  Also he was saying what a nice geezer Dennis is althoug as soon as you cross him you know it.

Pretty predictable stuff but good to hear.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 11:41:51 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Just been speaking to a colleague who knows one of the "Football in the community" blokes, he says he's never seen anything like it, reckons the lads are being put through their paces like never before.  But he also says the lads love it, which is the best news.  Also he was saying what a nice geezer Dennis is althoug as soon as you cross him you know it.

Pretty predictable stuff but good to hear.

EXACTLY the kind of thing I want to hear Yes
normy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 12:19:00 »

Many of us suspected the players were not fully fit last season, hooray for Wise, hope he drills them as hard as Macari did.

ust be the oldest
McLovin

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 13:00:19 »

Even the youth team are doing similar programs according to a friend of mine. Teach them good habits from the start, i say!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 14:17:49 »

Do you think wise is a 'throw tea-cups' at half-time bloke, and do you think he'll sit in the stands?

I pedict he'll be on the touch-line, which will be good for a change....shwoing his passion.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
McLovin

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2006, 14:30:14 »

Judging from the FGR game, i reckon he'll be a 'stands for the first half' manager, with Gus coaching in his absence.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: