Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sean Morrison  (Read 32999 times)
phelpsieboy

« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 21:33:54 »

Some good competition for Paynter and Austin could be either Chris O'Grady, Dave Hibbert or Phil Jevons who are all banging them in League 2, and will be less costly than your Pitmans and Zolas
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 21:39:57 »

I like the look of that O'grady.Apparantly Rochdale may struggle to agree a fee with oldham for him
phelpsieboy

« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 21:51:41 »

Only problem with O'Grady is that Derby, Posh and Scunthorpe are after him too if Sky Sports are to be believed .Mind you, he struggled to get in at Oldham who have a poor strikeforce, how the hell would he fair in the Champ :p
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 21:54:04 »

From a Southend forum

I dunno if i posted this before but Ron told me on the phone a couple of weeks ago that we have offered Swindon Revell for £25k on a first refusal. But they refused! He said he will be reluctantly back in Jan and then farmed out if poss as we don't wanna be paying his £2k a week salary. We also have offered Revell as part of a Part exchange for Morrison but again Swindon are not keen!

If you're hoping to get some money for a player, having your chairman call them a useless piece of shit just before sending them out on loan isn't a good idea. I can't see anyone paying a penny for Revell as everyone knows Southend can't afford his wages and want to offload him.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 22:26:05 »

I hope we don't sign Revell and once him and Hutchinson go back we only have Austin, Paynter and maybe Peacock and definitely need a striker or two.

There's a number of players we could go for:-

Brodie
O'Grady
Pitman
Jevons
Dagnall
Le Fondre
Barnard
Heffernan
Obika
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 23:13:21 »

See in a way i think we are in a weird position regarding strikers.We all know that we need some competition and the names stated above are players that i would like to see us go for but with the form and partnership of Paynter and Austin would they fancy their chances of replacing them? at the moment it's doubtful.

I think we will end up just keeping Ward or go from one extreme to the other by either signing a non league striker or someone who is very established.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 23:18:31 »

Who was keeping Parkin and Mooney on their toes?
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 23:19:38 »

According to a Stockport fan Michael Rose's move to us is back on, We were after him in the summer weren't we?!!

Seems odd though because surely we would be looking to sign Sheehan permanently? Unless Wilson is planning on playing Rose at left back and Sheehan in left midfield?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 23:21:34 by pride_of_wilts » Logged
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 23:23:15 »

Who was keeping Parkin and Mooney on their toes?

The mighty Alan Young of course.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 23:44:57 »

Rory Fallon wasn't it
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 01:24:19 »

According to a Stockport fan Michael Rose's move to us is back on, We were after him in the summer weren't we?!!

Seems odd though because surely we would be looking to sign Sheehan permanently? Unless Wilson is planning on playing Rose at left back and Sheehan in left midfield?

H'mmm thats off the football forum thingy, which i wouldn't believe for a second. Full of adolescent dick wavers who know nothing apart from how much their wireless keyboard cost.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 01:31:36 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/8435484.stm

Worth a cheeky punt? Think we missed out on him before.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 01:33:54 »

If that's right i'm with you on that.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 05:11:59 »

See in a way i think we are in a weird position regarding strikers.We all know that we need some competition and the names stated above are players that i would like to see us go for but with the form and partnership of Paynter and Austin would they fancy their chances of replacing them? at the moment it's doubtful.

I think we will end up just keeping Ward or go from one extreme to the other by either signing a non league striker or someone who is very established.

I would be happy with that. Maybe keep Revell too as back up. Both show far more interest than Hutchinson who is a waste of space.

From the Dark Side
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 11:20:18 »

Richard Brodie at York City is playing below his level and is scoring lots of goals.

He'd be able to make the step up.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: